Vonage for ex-Freetalk customers

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Jock, Dec 4, 2006.

  1. Jock

    Jock Guest

    As an ex-Freetalk customer I have been switched to Vonage. Having
    pre-paid Freetalk until last month, Vonage are now billing me their
    standard £7.99/month. I have 2 queries:

    1 As part of the switch-over to Vonage and (apart from reimbursing
    me the fees before the end of the Freetalk pre-payment) it was my
    understanding that I would get a month's "free" Vonage subscription. I
    assumed that would be a month added onto the end of the Freetalk
    period. Unfortunately, Freetalk ended on the 17th of the month whereas
    Vonage have me on a billing cycle starting 4th of the month. This
    means I have m8issed out on about half a month of the "free month".

    2 I notice Vonage are now advertising "Word Plan 1 & 2" at the same
    £7.99 / month. I'm getting different stories from Vonage about my
    ability to take advantage of these plans. Last week they said "no
    problem you can switch at no (extra) cost. It will just mean loss of
    service for 24 hours while we switch your plan". Today when I tried to
    take advantage of this they claim the offer is only available to new
    customers.

    Has any ex-Freetalk user encountered either of these problems and had
    a satisfactory resolution?

    Jock, Dec 4, 2006

  2. Jock wrote:
    > As an ex-Freetalk customer I have been switched to Vonage. Having
    > pre-paid Freetalk until last month, Vonage are now billing me their
    > standard £7.99/month. I have 2 queries:

    [snip]

    > Has any ex-Freetalk user encountered either of these problems and had
    > a satisfactory resolution?

    Check out > http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic17519.html

    Several emails to vonage support and I think slowly getting through that
    as a prepaid customer they are in fact taking money under false pretences.
    Shout at Vonage dont let them get away with it.

    Now if only their caller ID worked as well......

    Bring back Freetalk

    cheers

    Duncan MacCallum, Dec 4, 2006

  3. Jock

    Herman Guest

    "Duncan MacCallum" <> wrote in message
    > Now if only their caller ID worked as well......

    Agreed. I have a ticket outstanding from about a year ago. It *is* better
    than before though (they only have the extra 0 on forwarded calls now...) I
    am currently trying to switch to voip.co.uk by porting out the Vonage number
    (both use Gamma) - let's see how successful it is...

    Herman, Dec 11, 2006