    restricted area by dialup and have my phone work anywhere !

    1st: Because most of Internet phone ISP use a lot and bandwith
    that their minimums
    midjet, Dec 30, 2007

  2. midjet

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:41:32 -0500, midjet <> wrote:

    >Does exist a Internet Telephone EX: vonage or other)
    >that can be use by Dialup
    >
    >Some will ask why dialup ,just to use less bandwith and work in some
    >restricted area by dialup and have my phone work anywhere !
    >
    >1st: Because most of Internet phone ISP use a lot and bandwith
    >that their minimums

    Skype offers outbound calls to landlines. Not sure how the quality
    would be on dialup - probably pretty crappy.

    I notice when I max out my broadband DSL connection, my VOIP (Packet8)
    starts to go to crap.

    Likely, you won't be satisfied with the quality. Expect to hear "Huh?"
    a lot.
    Evan Platt, Dec 30, 2007

  3. midjet

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:41:32 -0500, midjet wrote:

    > bandwith
    > that their minimums

    The plural of 'minimum' is 'minima'.

    Dunno why I mentioned that. It just looked a bit odd I think.
    Aardvark, Dec 31, 2007
  4. midjet

    midjet Guest

    Who care, it's not school here !

    midjet, Dec 31, 2007
  5. midjet

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:01:31 -0500, midjet wrote:

    > Who care, it's not school here !

    Certainly not me, you top-posting midjet.
    Aardvark, Dec 31, 2007
  6. midjet

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:01:31 -0500, midjet <> wrote:

    >Who care, it's not school here !

    Consider yourself lucky that it's not...
    Evan Platt, Dec 31, 2007
  7. midjet wrote:

    > Does exist a Internet Telephone EX: vonage or other)
    > that can be use by Dialup
    >
    > Some will ask why dialup ,just to use less bandwith and work in some
    > restricted area by dialup and have my phone work anywhere !
    >
    > 1st: Because most of Internet phone ISP use a lot and bandwith
    > that their minimums

    Over here... Vonage only uses a paltry 30k... no big deal...

    --

    Jerry McBride ()
    Jerry McBride, Dec 31, 2007