    from other mobile networks and landlines but if anyone using an Orange
    mobile calls my vonage number they just get a constant tone and number not
    in use message. Any ideas what's happening?

    Phil, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Phil

    Ian Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:42dbc08b$0$2895$...
    > I am unable to receive calls from any Orange mobile. I can receive calls
    > from other mobile networks and landlines but if anyone using an Orange
    > mobile calls my vonage number they just get a constant tone and number not
    > in use message. Any ideas what's happening?

    The number range vonage are using isnt in oranges databuilds.
    or it possibly could be an interconnect issue but I doubt it.

    Ian

    Ian, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Ian wrote:
    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I am unable to receive calls from any Orange mobile. I can receive calls
    >>from other mobile networks and landlines but if anyone using an Orange
    >>mobile calls my vonage number they just get a constant tone and number not
    >>in use message. Any ideas what's happening?
    >>

    > The number range vonage are using isnt in oranges databuilds.
    > or it possibly could be an interconnect issue but I doubt it.

    Yeah, you should complain to orange as they are not connecting your
    call. It's a common problem.

    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

    I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
    they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

    Phil, Jul 18, 2005
  5. Phil

    Ian Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
    > they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

    Oh ye of little faith.
    It will top of their list. now whether they fix it thats another thing.

    Ian

    Ian, Jul 18, 2005
  6. Phil <> wrote:
    > I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you
    > think they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

    Given past form, I imagine they will "simplify" calling these numbers
    for you.

    --
    PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key

    Please contribute to the beer fund and a tidier house:
    http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZpndc

    Peter Corlett, Jul 18, 2005
  7. Phil wrote:
    > I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
    > they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

    they do seem to fix it eventually.

    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Jul 18, 2005
  8. Phil

    GwG Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
    >they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

    My Orange phone will still not get through to 056 numbers, I think they must
    be part of NTL ;-)

    GwG, Jul 18, 2005
  9. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    GwG wrote:
    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >> I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you
    >> think they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

    > My Orange phone will still not get through to 056 numbers, I think
    > they must be part of NTL ;-)

    How much do they cost from Orange..? I bet they don't come out of
    inclusive minutes....

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 18, 2005
  10. Phil

    Ian Guest

    "GwG" <> wrote in message

    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > >I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you think
    > >they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

    > My Orange phone will still not get through to 056 numbers, I think they

    must
    > be part of NTL ;-)

    There is a common link between them, Both technicaly and in who owns them
    ;-)

    Ian, Jul 18, 2005
  11. Phil

    GwG Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > GwG wrote:
    >> "Phil" <> wrote in message
    >>> I rang Orange and they are sending it to technical support. Do you
    >>> think they will sort out the problem or just not bother?

    >> My Orange phone will still not get through to 056 numbers, I think
    >> they must be part of NTL ;-)

    > How much do they cost from Orange..? I bet they don't come out of
    > inclusive minutes....

    My Orange mobile is on PAYG, Ivor, and if Orange are the same as NTL, they
    won't have a price set for dialling 056 numbers. I recall someone saying
    they could dial 056 numbers on their Orange mobile, but I don't know if this
    was on a contract.

    The sooner this numbering mess is sorted out the better, and preferably,
    legislation introduced to make sure it doesn't happen again. I might forward
    some details about this on to my MP, as he is keen on technology and
    communications.

    GwG, Jul 18, 2005
  12. Phil

    Sean Guest

    GwG wrote:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>GwG wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Phil" <> wrote in message

    >>>My Orange phone will still not get through to 056 numbers, I think
    >>>they must be part of NTL ;-)

    >>How much do they cost from Orange..? I bet they don't come out of
    >>inclusive minutes....
    >>

    > My Orange mobile is on PAYG, Ivor, and if Orange are the same as NTL, they
    > won't have a price set for dialling 056 numbers. I recall someone saying
    > they could dial 056 numbers on their Orange mobile, but I don't know if this
    > was on a contract.
    >
    > The sooner this numbering mess is sorted out the better, and preferably,
    > legislation introduced to make sure it doesn't happen again. I might forward
    > some details about this on to my MP, as he is keen on technology and
    > communications.

    PAYG, does not work to 056, contract, does work to 056.

    i mentioned 055's did not work a while back.........took a year to fix it

    Sean, Jul 18, 2005
  13. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "Peter Corlett" <> wrote in message
    > Given past form, I imagine they will "simplify" calling these numbers
    > for you.

    What do you mean by they will simplify calling these numbers?

    Phil, Jul 19, 2005
  14. Phil <> wrote:
    [...]
    > What do you mean by they will simplify calling these numbers?

    "Simplification" is a euphemism for Orange removing a service, usually
    by replacing it with something inferior and more expensive.

    For example, the acclaimed Wildfire service was recently "simplified"
    to a "new" voicemail service that had such groundbreaking features
    such as taking a message when you can't answer the phone.

    Peter Corlett, Jul 19, 2005
  15. Who owns them, Orange and NTL?

    I thought Orange were France Telecom?

    Paul Westwell, Jul 24, 2005
  16. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Orange have fixed things today. It was a routing problem.

    Phil, Aug 5, 2005
  17. Phil

    wotsit Guest

    wotsit, Nov 4, 2005