    there knows what I am talking about and can clear up this mystery, it would
    be very much appreciated. I have a Gateway pc and am running Windbloze XL.
    Thanx.
    Queenie, Jan 10, 2005

  2. Queenie

    Damian Guest

    Queenie wrote:
    > Hi- I will try to explain my little problem as best I can. In the
    > past, when I made the volume on my sounds either lower or higher on
    > my keyboard, a series of 2-inch verticle lines would appear at the
    > bottom of my screen either going up or down, as the case may be. Now,
    > suddenly, these lines do not appear anymore. The volume still
    > changes, but the lines are gone. I searched around to see what makes
    > them work, to no avail. If someone out there knows what I am talking
    > about and can clear up this mystery, it would be very much
    > appreciated. I have a Gateway pc and am running Windbloze XL. Thanx.

    It's done by the driver; either your sound card, or your multimedia keyboard
    driver. You probably need to go back to the Gateway site to get the latest
    one for XP.

    Damian, Jan 10, 2005

  3. Queenie

    Dataspider Guest

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:41:18 -0800, "Damian" <>
    wrote:

    >Queenie wrote:
    >> Hi- I will try to explain my little problem as best I can. In the
    >> past, when I made the volume on my sounds either lower or higher on
    >> my keyboard, a series of 2-inch verticle lines would appear at the
    >> bottom of my screen either going up or down, as the case may be. Now,
    >> suddenly, these lines do not appear anymore. The volume still
    >> changes, but the lines are gone. I searched around to see what makes
    >> them work, to no avail. If someone out there knows what I am talking
    >> about and can clear up this mystery, it would be very much
    >> appreciated. I have a Gateway pc and am running Windbloze XL. Thanx.

    >It's done by the driver; either your sound card, or your multimedia keyboard
    >driver. You probably need to go back to the Gateway site to get the latest
    >one for XP.

    Try dobble clik.
    Dataspider, Jan 10, 2005
  4. Queenie

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Dataspider" <> wrote in message
    | On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:41:18 -0800, "Damian" <>
    | wrote:
    |
    | >Queenie wrote:
    | >> Hi- I will try to explain my little problem as best I can. In the
    | >> past, when I made the volume on my sounds either lower or higher on
    | >> my keyboard, a series of 2-inch verticle lines would appear at the
    | >> bottom of my screen either going up or down, as the case may be. Now,
    | >> suddenly, these lines do not appear anymore. The volume still
    | >> changes, but the lines are gone. I searched around to see what makes
    | >> them work, to no avail. If someone out there knows what I am talking
    | >> about and can clear up this mystery, it would be very much
    | >> appreciated. I have a Gateway pc and am running Windbloze XL. Thanx.
    | >
    | >It's done by the driver; either your sound card, or your multimedia
    keyboard
    | >driver. You probably need to go back to the Gateway site to get the
    latest
    | >one for XP.
    |
    | Try dobble clik.

    Try wiping the drool from your face before posting next time.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 11, 2005
  5. Queenie

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Queenie" <> wrote in message
    | Hi- I will try to explain my little problem as best I can. In the past,
    when
    | I made the volume on my sounds either lower or higher on my keyboard, a
    | series of 2-inch verticle lines would appear at the bottom of my screen
    | either going up or down, as the case may be. Now, suddenly, these lines do
    | not appear anymore. The volume still changes, but the lines are gone. I
    | searched around to see what makes them work, to no avail. If someone out
    | there knows what I am talking about and can clear up this mystery, it
    would
    | be very much appreciated. I have a Gateway pc and am running Windbloze XL.
    | Thanx.

    That feature is usually referred to as "on screen display". It's software
    supplied by the computer maker, not by Windows. Check your Control Panel,
    Add/Remove programs. If it's not listed there, then I'd suggest checking
    your Gateway disks for the setup folder for your audio system, and see if
    there is a setup program there.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 11, 2005
  6. Queenie

    doS Guest