Volume

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rob, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Can Ne one help me?

    I have discovered that my volume on my laptop is really low when playing
    music but dont know y???

    I have the volume on the laptop turned up to max and the volume on the
    player (windows media) turned to full as well!!!!

    Why is it so low and how can I fix it????

    --

    Thanks in Advance

    ---

    Rob

    Graphic Designer - Dreamsite Web Media

    http://www.dreamsite.co.uk
    Rob, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Rob

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Rob said:

    > Can Ne one help me?
    >
    > I have discovered that my volume on my laptop is really low when playing
    > music but dont know y???
    >
    > I have the volume on the laptop turned up to max and the volume on the
    > player (windows media) turned to full as well!!!!
    >
    > Why is it so low and how can I fix it????

    Have you looked at the levels of the Windows volume control?
    Brian H¹©, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Yep I have and they are full too!!!

    Any Ideas??

    Rob, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Rob

    paul s Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:07:41 +0100, Rob wrote:

    > Can Ne one help me?
    >
    > I have discovered that my volume on my laptop is really low when playing
    > music but dont know y???
    >
    > I have the volume on the laptop turned up to max and the volume on the
    > player (windows media) turned to full as well!!!!
    >
    > Why is it so low and how can I fix it????

    Because laptops have tiny little speakers, and a puny little amplifier to
    drive them. You want decent sound out of it, get some amplified speakers
    for it.

    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 25, 2003
  5. Rob

    Rob Guest

    U have a good point there but it hads worked alot louder than this b4 and
    its shit now!!!!!

    Rob, Jul 25, 2003
  6. Rob

    paul s Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:29:39 +0100, Rob wrote:

    > U have a good point there but it hads worked alot louder than this b4 and
    > its shit now!!!!!

    Could be a fault in the laptop then. Is it under warranty?

    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 26, 2003
  7. Rob

    BIG NIGE Guest

    I assume that you have DOUBLE clicked on your volume control and increased
    the WAVE setting and not just SINGLE clicked and altered just the MASTER
    volume.

    BIG NIGE, Jul 26, 2003
  8. 2 cent speakers?

    Baron Von Reeve, Jul 26, 2003