Volume icon in the Task Bar has gone missing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hodge, Apr 30, 2004.

  1. Hodge

    Hodge Guest

    Help please.

    Volume icon in my task bar has gone missing!

    I've gone into Control Panel/Sounds and Audio devices, click on the 'Place
    volume icon in the task bar' and get the following message

    'Windows cannot display the volume control in the task bar because the
    Volume Control program has not been installed' message.

    Don't know what happened to it and would like it back, anybody got any ideas
    please.

    Tried reloading the Creative Audio drivers and tried a Widows XP restore and
    got the usual unable to restore message.

    Thanks in advance

    Hodge
    Hodge, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Hodge wrote:

    > Help please.
    >
    > Volume icon in my task bar has gone missing!
    >
    > I've gone into Control Panel/Sounds and Audio devices, click on the 'Place
    > volume icon in the task bar' and get the following message
    >
    > 'Windows cannot display the volume control in the task bar because the
    > Volume Control program has not been installed' message.
    >
    > Don't know what happened to it and would like it back, anybody got any ideas
    > please.
    >

    > Tried reloading the Creative Audio drivers and tried a Widows XP restore and
    > got the usual unable to restore message.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Hodge

    Extract a copy of Sndvol32.exe from your XP CD (i386 directory) to the
    System32 folder using the expand command:

    expand -r sndvol32.ex_ c:\windows\system32

    --
    I'm not a racist - I hate everybody EQUALLY!
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?-Cryogenic-=A9?=, Apr 30, 2004

  3. Hodge

    °Mike° Guest

    Volume Icon Is Not Displayed in the Notification Area, and
    You Receive an Error Message When You Try to Add It
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319095

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 20:20:21 +0100, in
    <vFxkc.93$tc7.39@newsfe6-win>
    Hodge scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Hodge

    Hodge Guest

    That's done the trick.

    Thank you very much.

    Hodge

    Hodge, Apr 30, 2004
  5. Hodge

    Rosalene

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Quick Remedy

    Hi
    I have read several long and complicated ways of fixing this. My el simple technique is:
    1) Take memory stick to neighbour running the same platform (XP)
    2) Go into Start/Search/All files and folders and type in
    sndvol32
    3) When this comes up drag application into memory stick drive
    4) Plug memory stick into your own computer, open WIndows Explorer and drag file into Windows / system32 (You might have to agree to replace the old one - which is corrupt hence the problem - or you might not if the old one is missing altogether.)

    Works a treat.
    Cheers Rosalene in New Zealand
    Rosalene, Jul 26, 2007