    PWB Guest

    I have the setting 'place volume icon in the taskbar ' ticked put it
    doesntplace it in any suggesstions. TIA.

    PWB, Apr 22, 2007

  2. PWB

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:29:11 GMT, PWB wrote:

    >I have the setting 'place volume icon in the taskbar ' ticked put it
    >doesntplace it in any suggesstions. TIA.

    Tick it on, Apply / OK whatever the option is. Then go back untick it
    OK/Apply. then set it again.

    It's another of the well known windows features, it's a surprise you
    didn't see anything from a www.google.com , search

    Results 1 - 10 of about 780,000 for
    windows volume icon taskbar
    .. (0.10 seconds)

    Volume Icon Is Not Displayed in the Notification Area, and You ...
    When you try to add the volume control icon to the... ... Windows cannot
    display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control
    program has ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319095 - Similar pages

    Volume Icon Is Not Displayed in the Notification Area, and You ...
    When you try to add the volume control icon to the... ... Windows cannot
    display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control
    program has ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319095 - Similar pages

    In Windows, how do I restore the speaker icon to the system tray ...
    In Windows XP, click the Volume tab. In the "Device Volume" section,
    find the Place volume icon in the taskbar checkbox and make sure it's
    checked. ...
    http://kb.iu.edu/data/aklt.html - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

    Why did the volume control icon disappear from my taskbar ...
    Why did the volume control icon disappear from my taskbar notification
    area in Windows XP? A Web Exclusive from FAQ for Windows John Savill ...
    www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/39410/39410.html - 20 Apr 2007 -
    Similar pages

    Re your email addy, Spam control
    http://help2.virginmedia.com/help/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid

    Me

    why?, Apr 22, 2007

  3. PWB

    PWB Guest

    > On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:29:11 GMT, PWB wrote:
    >
    >>I have the setting 'place volume icon in the taskbar ' ticked put it
    >>doesntplace it in any suggesstions. TIA.

    > Tick it on, Apply / OK whatever the option is. Then go back untick it
    > OK/Apply. then set it again.
    >
    > It's another of the well known windows features, it's a surprise you
    > didn't see anything from a www.google.com , search
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 780,000 for
    > windows volume icon taskbar
    > . (0.10 seconds)
    >

    > Volume Icon Is Not Displayed in the Notification Area, and You ...
    > When you try to add the volume control icon to the... ... Windows cannot
    > display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control
    > program has ...
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319095 - Similar pages
    >
    > Volume Icon Is Not Displayed in the Notification Area, and You ...
    > When you try to add the volume control icon to the... ... Windows cannot
    > display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control
    > program has ...
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319095 - Similar pages
    >
    > In Windows, how do I restore the speaker icon to the system tray ...
    > In Windows XP, click the Volume tab. In the "Device Volume" section,
    > find the Place volume icon in the taskbar checkbox and make sure it's
    > checked. ...
    > http://kb.iu.edu/data/aklt.html - 10k - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    > Why did the volume control icon disappear from my taskbar ...
    > Why did the volume control icon disappear from my taskbar notification
    > area in Windows XP? A Web Exclusive from FAQ for Windows John Savill ...
    > www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/39410/39410.html - 20 Apr 2007 -
    > Similar pages
    >

    > Re your email addy, Spam control
    > http://help2.virginmedia.com/help/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid
    >
    > Me

    Thanks , I did see google and also did what you said but it didnt work , so
    i went back a couple of days with system estore and it worked .. I
    shouldve thought of that before posting DUH!

    PWB, Apr 22, 2007
  4. PWB

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:11:07 GMT, PWB wrote:

    >> On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:29:11 GMT, PWB wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have the setting 'place volume icon in the taskbar ' ticked put it
    >>>doesntplace it in any suggesstions. TIA.

    >> Tick it on, Apply / OK whatever the option is. Then go back untick it
    >> OK/Apply. then set it again.
    >>
    >> It's another of the well known windows features, it's a surprise you
    >> didn't see anything from a www.google.com , search
    >>
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 780,000 for
    >> windows volume icon taskbar

    <snip>

    >> Me

    >Thanks , I did see google and also did what you said but it didnt work , so
    >i went back a couple of days with system estore and it worked .. I
    >shouldve thought of that before posting DUH!

    Seems a bit drastic a SR just for the Vol Control. You are aware of
    other things that may heve been rolled back?

    Maybe uninstall Audio drivers and reinstall, next time.

    Me

    why?, Apr 22, 2007
  5. PWB

    PWB Guest

    > On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:11:07 GMT, PWB wrote:
    >

    >>"why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message

    >>> Tick it on, Apply / OK whatever the option is. Then go back untick it
    >>> OK/Apply. then set it again.
    >>>
    >>> It's another of the well known windows features, it's a surprise you
    >>> didn't see anything from a www.google.com , search
    >>>
    >>> Results 1 - 10 of about 780,000 for
    >>> windows volume icon taskbar

    > <snip>
    >

    >>> Me

    >>Thanks , I did see google and also did what you said but it didnt work ,
    >>so
    >>i went back a couple of days with system estore and it worked .. I
    >>shouldve thought of that before posting DUH!

    > Seems a bit drastic a SR just for the Vol Control. You are aware of
    > other things that may heve been rolled back?
    >
    > Maybe uninstall Audio drivers and reinstall, next time.
    >
    > Me

    Yes i realised other things may happen thats why it was only on my old pc so
    I tried it on there wither the drivers etc in hand

    PWB, Apr 22, 2007