    ¦ zulu ¦
    Dell Dimension XPS-T700r, 512 MB RAM, XP Pro. SP2, 21" CRT 1024x768
    125%DPI

    zulu, Feb 25, 2005

  2. zulu

    zulu Guest

    Anybody???

    If not, where else should I look please?

    --
    ¦ zulu ¦

    zulu, Feb 25, 2005

  3. zulu

    Guest

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:26:06 GMT, "zulu" <> wrote:

    |> Anybody???
    |>
    |> If not, where else should I look please?

    Process Explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

    If Capture is a separate program or DLL, Process explorer will show what
    it is.

    --
    http://www.local6.com/news/4228430/detail.html

    , Feb 25, 2005
  4. zulu

    zulu Guest

    Thanks for that, I'll go and see what it finds...

    I don't think that the *capture* is a separate feature though, as I've just
    spent 1/2 an hour looking through the System32 file for it...

    TYVM

    zulu, Feb 25, 2005
  5. zulu

    Guest

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:24:03 GMT, "zulu" <> wrote:

    |> Thanks for that, I'll go and see what it finds...
    |>
    |> I don't think that the *capture* is a separate feature though, as I've just
    |> spent 1/2 an hour looking through the System32 file for it...

    If it's not a separate program, you will have to access sndvol32.exe
    first then.

    Let me push my favorite program http://powerpro.webeddie.com/
    I use this all the time for what your trying to do.

    I create a button to appear only when the program I use needs a
    short-cut command. In this case one click would load sndvol32 and select
    capture.

    It's got a high learning curve but worth it; and it's free and clean.

    |> > Process Explorer
    |> > http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml
    |> >
    |> > If Capture is a separate program or DLL, Process explorer will show what
    |> > it is.

    |> > in *

    |> > possible.

    |> > --
    |> > http://www.local6.com/news/4228430/detail.html

    --

    , Feb 25, 2005
  6. zulu

    dadiOH Guest

    zulu wrote:
    > I can access * Volume Control* using Start>Run>sndvol32.exe
    >
    > What is the command for *Capture*, or _must_ I then go to *Options*
    > in * Volume Control*?
    >
    > What I would like is to create keyboard shortcuts for both if
    > possible. (I have *Winkey* installed, if thet helps...)

    I' m really not clear on what you are trying to do with volume control.
    Do you want to select the channel from which you want to record (with a
    separate program, volume control doesn't record) and want to open volume
    control to recording properties with a KB shortcut?

    If so, change the "target" in a shortcut to SNDVOL32.exe...
    from: C:\WINDOWS\SNDVOL32.EXE
    to: C:\WINDOWS\SNDVOL32.EXE -R

    You can then assign KB keys to open the shortcut. For the KB combo to
    work, the shortcut must be on the Start>Programs menu; you may be able
    to move it after assigning the KB combo.

    A better solution for KB shortcuts is a small, free program named Hotkey
    Plus from
    http://www.brianapps.net/hotkeyplus/ See my dandies below for more
    info.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Feb 25, 2005
  7. zulu

    zulu Guest

    Ok, I *tried* to keep it simpl, but...

    What I really want is a kb shortcut to
    Start>Run>sndvol32.exe>[1]>Options>Properties>Recording>OK

    I can get to [1] with a Desktop shortcut, no problem, but it would be a LOT
    easier for _me_ to use a kb shortcut to go straight there.
    I am partially sighted and have problems *hitting* things with the mouse
    (no, forget *magnifier...)

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > zulu wrote:
    >> I can access * Volume Control* using Start>Run>sndvol32.exe
    >>
    >> What is the command for *Capture*, or _must_ I then go to *Options*
    >> in * Volume Control*?
    >>
    >> What I would like is to create keyboard shortcuts for both if
    >> possible. (I have *Winkey* installed, if thet helps...)

    > I' m really not clear on what you are trying to do with volume control.
    > Do you want to select the channel from which you want to record (with a
    > separate program, volume control doesn't record) and want to open volume
    > control to recording properties with a KB shortcut?
    >
    > If so, change the "target" in a shortcut to SNDVOL32.exe...
    > from: C:\WINDOWS\SNDVOL32.EXE
    > to: C:\WINDOWS\SNDVOL32.EXE -R

    That would still only get me to the *Play^ applet (if yousee what iI mean)
    rather than the *Record* though, wouldn't it?

    > You can then assign KB keys to open the shortcut. For the KB combo to
    > work, the shortcut must be on the Start>Programs menu; you may be able
    > to move it after assigning the KB combo.
    >
    > A better solution for KB shortcuts is a small, free program named Hotkey
    > Plus from
    > http://www.brianapps.net/hotkeyplus/ See my dandies below for more
    > info.

    I'm off to get it now...

    TYVM

    zulu, Feb 25, 2005
  8. zulu

    Guest

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:06:30 GMT, "zulu" <> wrote:

    |> Ok, I *tried* to keep it simpl, but...
    |>
    |> What I really want is a kb shortcut to
    |> Start>Run>sndvol32.exe>[1]>Options>Properties>Recording>OK
    |>
    |> I can get to [1] with a Desktop shortcut, no problem, but it would be a LOT
    |> easier for _me_ to use a kb shortcut to go straight there.
    |> I am partially sighted and have problems *hitting* things with the mouse
    |> (no, forget *magnifier...)

    On mine (WIn98 right now) it would be:
    SNDVOL32.EXE then ALT+P (options) ALT+R (properties) TAB (to go down to
    the selection) arrow key down (from play to record) TAB twice to OK
    ENTER

    Piece of cake for PowerPro :)

    You need to find a program that will do macro commands
    Quick search comes up with http://www.macros.com/capab.htm

    --

    , Feb 25, 2005
  9. zulu

    dadiOH Guest

    zulu wrote:
    > Ok, I *tried* to keep it simpl, but...
    >
    > What I really want is a kb shortcut to
    > Start>Run>sndvol32.exe>[1]>Options>Properties>Recording>OK
    >
    > I can get to [1] with a Desktop shortcut, no problem, but it would be
    > a LOT easier for _me_ to use a kb shortcut to go straight there.
    > I am partially sighted and have problems *hitting* things with the
    > mouse (no, forget *magnifier...)

    You do realize that there is no point going there via any method unless
    you want to change the selected recording channel from what you set it
    previously, right?
    ________________________

    >> If so, change the "target" in a shortcut to SNDVOL32.exe...
    >> from: C:\WINDOWS\SNDVOL32.EXE
    >> to: C:\WINDOWS\SNDVOL32.EXE -R

    > That would still only get me to the *Play^ applet (if yousee what iI
    > mean) rather than the *Record* though, wouldn't it?

    No, it gets you to Record. That's what the " -R" switch is for.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Feb 25, 2005
  10. zulu

    zulu Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > zulu wrote:
    >> Ok, I *tried* to keep it simpl, but...
    >>
    >> What I really want is a kb shortcut to
    >> Start>Run>sndvol32.exe>[1]>Options>Properties>Recording>OK
    >>
    >> I can get to [1] with a Desktop shortcut, no problem, but it would be
    >> a LOT easier for _me_ to use a kb shortcut to go straight there.
    >> I am partially sighted and have problems *hitting* things with the
    >> mouse (no, forget *magnifier...)

    > You do realize that there is no point going there via any method unless
    > you want to change the selected recording channel from what you set it
    > previously, right?

    Every time I open MSN Messenger to chat to my mate, the microphone dooesn't
    work, and I have to type *WAIT* to him, shut him off and thenrun the Tuning
    Wizatd (to reenable the mic) and then reconnect to him...

    I wanted to be able to hit the Widos key and M (say) to sseect the mic and
    ave all the hasssle.

    > ________________________
    >
    >>> If so, change the "target" in a shortcut to SNDVOL32.exe...
    >>> from: C:\WINDOWS\SNDVOL32.EXE
    >>> to: C:\WINDOWS\SNDVOL32.EXE -R

    >> That would still only get me to the *Play^ applet (if yousee what iI
    >> mean) rather than the *Record* though, wouldn't it?

    > No, it gets you to Record. That's what the " -R" switch is for.

    O, IC :-o)

    So much to learn, so little time!

    Ok, Done that and (of course) it works atreat :)
    I just created a nice big unmistakeable *R* for the icon...

    YYVM, I'll settle for that!

    <g>

    zulu, Feb 25, 2005