    etc., and when I try to open my volume control, to fix
    the problem, it's stuck and won't open up? Any help would
    be greatly appreciated, and thanks!!

    Cindy, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Cindy

    Liddle Feesh Guest

    "Cindy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > What should I do, when I have no sound for audio, movies,
    > etc., and when I try to open my volume control, to fix
    > the problem, it's stuck and won't open up? Any help would
    > be greatly appreciated, and thanks!!

    What happened between when it worked, and when it didn't?

    I'd try:

    1. Reboot (eliminate the possibility of TSR/background apps)

    2. Verify device drivers (Control Panel - System)

    3. Restart in Safe mode - test

    4. Reinstall device drivers for audio

    5. Reinstall device drivers for motherboard

    What is the soundcard? On board sound? USB external device? If so, you may
    be well advised to uninstall the controller, reboot - Windows will
    automatically reinstall the controllers. (XP only).

    --

    Liddle Feesh
    *fap fap fap fap*

    Liddle Feesh, Jun 9, 2004