    So two things here: 1) What the hell does it mean by "not been installed?"
    and 2) How do I rectify this stupidity?

    Anyone? Please?
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=, May 31, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

    Theo Guest

    Why don't you help a little by telling us exactly what
    operating system you have installed?

    Theo, May 31, 2007

  3. Windows XP Pro 5.1

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=, May 31, 2007
  4. "Steve" wrote:

    > Because this is a ridiculous OS, I had to reinstall it. After that, however,
    > I lost basic volume control in my toobar. snip

    see this post in XP Basics; volume control won't install missing SndVol32
    files\
    I had the same problem. Extract the file from the CD and install it into the
    system files. Just be sure you change the name from sndvol32.ex_ to
    sndvol32.exe in the system files. OH< Maybe the file name is sndvol64.ex_ in
    the I386 cab files on the CD...be sure you have the right one.
    =?Utf-8?B?Umh1YmFyYg==?=, Jun 2, 2007