    Everything else works fine.
    I am using IE 5.0 and Windows 98

    TIA
    Cruiser, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Cruiser

    trout Guest

    Cruiser wrote:

    > While doing something wrong, I lost my volume control icon that
    > normally is in the taskbar and don't know how to get it back!
    > Everything else works fine.
    > I am using IE 5.0 and Windows 98
    >
    > TIA

    Look in the Control Panel > Multimedia; for "Show volume control on
    the taskbar".
    --
    "Should be checked."
    trout, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Cruiser

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as trout continued:

    > Cruiser wrote:
    >
    >> While doing something wrong, I lost my volume control icon that
    >> normally is in the taskbar and don't know how to get it back!
    >> Everything else works fine.
    >> I am using IE 5.0 and Windows 98
    >>
    >> TIA

    > Look in the Control Panel > Multimedia; for "Show volume control
    > on the taskbar".

    Strange that option is greyed out on my brother's machine...but he's
    fiddled with it so much I've washed my hands...
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Cruiser

    trout Guest

    slumpy wrote:

    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as trout continued:
    >
    >> Cruiser wrote:
    >>
    >>> While doing something wrong, I lost my volume control icon that
    >>> normally is in the taskbar and don't know how to get it back!
    >>> Everything else works fine.
    >>> I am using IE 5.0 and Windows 98
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> Look in the Control Panel > Multimedia; for "Show volume control
    >> on the taskbar".

    > Strange that option is greyed out on my brother's machine...but he's
    > fiddled with it so much I've washed my hands...

    I've had that went I was fooling around, changing the 'preferred
    playback device'.
    --
    "No point in owning a computer, if you can't do odd things to it every
    now and then."
    trout, Nov 2, 2003
  5. Cruiser

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as trout continued:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    >> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as trout continued:

    >>> Look in the Control Panel > Multimedia; for "Show volume control
    >>> on the taskbar".

    >> Strange that option is greyed out on my brother's machine...but he's
    >> fiddled with it so much I've washed my hands...

    > I've had that went I was fooling around, changing the 'preferred
    > playback device'.

    Although I did build it, it was 2 years ago and I couldn't remember what
    the onboard sound was, so I tiptoed away, told him he'd done something
    and I'd fix it next time ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more