    I realize I could probably process the sound through the amplifier on
    my stereo system.
    >Andy, Jun 6, 2006

  2. >Andy

    Cloaca Guest

    ">Andy<" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Sometimes streaming is barely audible in Win Media Player or Winamp
    > even when I have the level at max. Is there a way to increase vol
    > even more?
    >
    > I realize I could probably process the sound through the amplifier on
    > my stereo system.

    Huh?

    Try turning up the volume via the dial on the speaker hardware.

    Cloaca, Jun 6, 2006

  3. >Andy

    MSB Guest

    > Sometimes streaming is barely audible in Win Media Player or Winamp
    > even when I have the level at max. Is there a way to increase vol
    > even more?
    >
    > I realize I could probably process the sound through the amplifier on
    > my stereo system.

    Laptop , desktop, type speakers, OS? Maybe a little more info?
    MSB, Jun 6, 2006
  4. >Andy

    >Andy Guest

    On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 00:07:17 -0500,
    "MSB" <al;dsfj@al;sjdflkas.com> wrote:

    >> Sometimes streaming is barely audible in Win Media Player or Winamp
    >> even when I have the level at max. Is there a way to increase vol
    >> even more?
    >>
    >> I realize I could probably process the sound through the amplifier on
    >> my stereo system.

    >Laptop , desktop, type speakers, OS? Maybe a little more info?

    It isn't the computer. Most files are just fine. It's just that some
    of these were recorded so low that I need to boost them.
    >Andy, Jun 6, 2006
  5. >Andy

    beenthere Guest

    ">Andy<" <> wrote in message
    > Sometimes streaming is barely audible in Win Media Player or Winamp
    > even when I have the level at max. Is there a way to increase vol
    > even more?
    >
    > I realize I could probably process the sound through the amplifier on
    > my stereo system.

    If they are mp3 files then mp3gain will help
    mp3gain.sourceforge.net
    beenthere, Jun 6, 2006
  6. >Andy

    Guest

    ">Andy<" <> wrote:

    |>>Laptop , desktop, type speakers, OS? Maybe a little more info?

    |>It isn't the computer. Most files are just fine. It's just that some
    |>of these were recorded so low that I need to boost them.

    http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
    Pump up the volume
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wCoilueBpk

    --
    RIAA does not approve - Collect em all
    http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php
  7. >Andy

    ProfGene Guest

    >Andy< wrote:
    > Sometimes streaming is barely audible in Win Media Player or Winamp
    > even when I have the level at max. Is there a way to increase vol
    > even more?
    >
    > I realize I could probably process the sound through the amplifier on
    > my stereo system.

    try opening your window's volume control which you will find in
    accessories, entertainment, volume control. See if that does it,
    otherwise it could be the piece you are playing is at low volume. Also
    if you use an old stereo instead of the computer speakers you can boost
    the amplifier volume. Those little speakers can have very weak volume,
    especially the ones built into flat panel displays.
    ProfGene, Jun 13, 2006