VOL icon keeps disappearing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by MZB, Sep 26, 2007.

  1. MZB

    MZB Guest

    This is strange. About 50% of the time I lose the volume icon in the
    systray. I can't figure out what is doing this. Usually it starts off in the
    systray but within 10 minutes half the time it disappears. I then have to go
    into Control Panel to adjust the volume.

    Any ideas what can be doing this? I do have the "<" button in the systray
    and I know it's not hiding there. Also, in the control panel, the choice to
    place sound icon in the systray is checked and as I said it starts out that
    way when I start the computer.

    But I can't figure out what is removing it.

    Any ideas?

    (Hmmm.. I know WinPatrol was running and I now don't see that icon either)

    I ran my AVG antivirus program and nothing shows.

    I am using XP HOME

    Mel

    MZB, Sep 26, 2007