    are announced after your greeting which I find annoying.

    Any-one?

    David

    David Floyd, May 14, 2006

  2. David Floyd

    Jono Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    news:LYwOKLf3AvZEFwTd@127.0.0.1...
    > Does anybody know how to get rid of that stupid American voice on the
    > voicemail?
    >
    > You can set you own greetings, but there are still instructions which are
    > announced after your greeting which I find annoying.
    >
    > Any-one?
    >
    > David

    Doubtful. They're using the standard "Allison" voice prompts within Asterisk
    for the commands.

    Jono, May 14, 2006

  3. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anybody know how to get rid of that stupid
    > > American voice on the voicemail?
    > >
    > > You can set you own greetings, but there are still
    > > instructions which are announced after your greeting
    > > which I find annoying. Any-one?
    > >
    > > David

    > Doubtful. They're using the standard "Allison" voice
    > prompts within Asterisk for the commands.

    She sounds ok to me..! That's my one gripe with Sipgate, that they still
    haven't sorted the voicemail prompts. I don't understand why they
    can't/don't use the standard ones as above. Maybe a licensing issue..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 14, 2006
  4. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Sun, 14 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes

    >"Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> "David Floyd" <> wrote in message
    >> > Does anybody know how to get rid of that stupid
    >> > American voice on the voicemail?
    >> >
    >> > You can set you own greetings, but there are still
    >> > instructions which are announced after your greeting
    >> > which I find annoying. Any-one?
    >> >
    >> > David

    >> Doubtful. They're using the standard "Allison" voice
    >> prompts within Asterisk for the commands.

    >She sounds ok to me..! That's my one gripe with Sipgate, that they still
    >haven't sorted the voicemail prompts. I don't understand why they
    >can't/don't use the standard ones as above. Maybe a licensing issue..?

    But there are no Sipgate announcements following your own message. You
    didn't follow my point. When some-one rings in, they hear your own
    announcement (which you've set up) followed by the Allison voice telling
    the caller to press "pound" when finished. That's my gripe.

    I just hope that voip.co.uk don't follow the same protocol when they
    eventually release the "improved" system.

    David

    David Floyd, May 14, 2006
  5. David Floyd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "David Floyd" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > But there are no Sipgate announcements following your own
    > message. You didn't follow my point. When some-one
    > rings in, they hear your own announcement (which you've
    > set up) followed by the Allison voice telling the caller
    > to press "pound" when finished. That's my gripe.

    Sorry, I misunderstood. Not sure how you'd get around that, have you asked
    Voiptalk about it..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 14, 2006
  6. David Floyd

    Sean Guest

    I've contacted them asking if i can have mine turned off.. No response yet

    Sean, May 14, 2006
  7. David Floyd

    alex Guest

    Sean wrote:
    > I've contacted them asking if i can have mine turned off.. No response yet

    You're unlikely to get a response over the weekend but if you've been
    waiting longer than that let me know and I'll take a look.

    If you want something like this, raise it with support to see if they
    can do it already. If they can't, say that you'd like it implemented as
    a feature. That doesn't mean anything will happen instantly but we do
    have people working on development and if you want them to develop a
    certain feature, you need to ask.

    Alex

    alex, May 14, 2006
  8. David Floyd

    Brian A Guest

    On Sun, 14 May 2006 18:03:01 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Sun, 14 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes
    >>

    >>"Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>> "David Floyd" <> wrote in message

    >>> Doubtful. They're using the standard "Allison" voice
    >>> prompts within Asterisk for the commands.

    >>She sounds ok to me..! That's my one gripe with Sipgate, that they still
    >>haven't sorted the voicemail prompts. I don't understand why they
    >>can't/don't use the standard ones as above. Maybe a licensing issue..?
    >>

    >But there are no Sipgate announcements following your own message. You
    >didn't follow my point. When some-one rings in, they hear your own
    >announcement (which you've set up) followed by the Allison voice telling
    >the caller to press "pound" when finished. That's my gripe.
    >
    >I just hope that voip.co.uk don't follow the same protocol when they
    >eventually release the "improved" system.
    >
    >David

    Do you think the 'improved system' actually exists? Perhaps it is just
    as real as the fixing of the incorrect charging problem. I'm not sure
    that any of it will happen anytime soon.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, May 14, 2006
  9. David Floyd

    Martyn Dewar Guest

    Brian A wrote:

    > On Sun, 14 May 2006 18:03:01 +0100, David Floyd <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>In message of Sun, 14 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes
    >>

    >>>"Jono" <> wrote in message

    >>>She sounds ok to me..! That's my one gripe with Sipgate, that they still
    >>>haven't sorted the voicemail prompts. I don't understand why they
    >>>can't/don't use the standard ones as above. Maybe a licensing issue..?
    >>>

    >>But there are no Sipgate announcements following your own message. You
    >>didn't follow my point. When some-one rings in, they hear your own
    >>announcement (which you've set up) followed by the Allison voice telling
    >>the caller to press "pound" when finished. That's my gripe.
    >>
    >>I just hope that voip.co.uk don't follow the same protocol when they
    >>eventually release the "improved" system.
    >>
    >>David

    > Do you think the 'improved system' actually exists? Perhaps it is just
    > as real as the fixing of the incorrect charging problem. I'm not sure
    > that any of it will happen anytime soon.
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    And the control panel call classification problem (in the call records)
    which has been around since January... all nice bugs.

    No major issues though tbh.

    --
    Martyn Dewar
    E: