Voiptalk unlimited calls package - best value?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Adrian Mann, Nov 5, 2005.

  1. Adrian Mann

    Adrian Mann Guest

    I've just noticed that voiptalk have released an unlimited calls package
    (http://www.voiptalk.org/products/VoIPtalk Unlimited Package). Usual fixed
    fee (£9.99 to UK, £19.99 to world) but also call rates outside of the
    unlimited plan are the lowest i've seen i.e. Italy 1p, Spain 1p etc.

    I compared this to vonage where the calls outside of the plans were around
    3p to call europe for instance. Also, calling uk mobile (which I do a lot)
    is 10p with voiptalk but 15p with vonage. What I found strange was that
    calling the usa with voiptalk is 1p whereas with vonage, which is a US
    company costs me 2p!!

    Also, you get a 2 port grandstream ata for around 30 pounds which i thought
    was a good deal.

    I've been with voiptalk for nearly 2 years. No problems to date but i'm
    conscious that there may be other deals around but just don't have the time
    to investigate. Since there are only a few established providers I don't
    have much to choose from.

    Should I go for this?

    Adrian Mann, Nov 5, 2005

  2. Adrian Mann

    Al Guest

    On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 08:10:45 -0000, Adrian Mann wrote:

    >I've just noticed that voiptalk have released an unlimited calls package
    >(http://www.voiptalk.org/products/VoIPtalk Unlimited Package). Usual fixed
    >fee (£9.99 to UK, £19.99 to world)

    It would be better to describe the charges as being £11.74 / month and
    £23.49 / month respectively.

    Al, Nov 5, 2005

  3. Adrian Mann

    paul123 Guest

    Adrian Mann wrote:

    > Should I go for this?

    Depends.... If you make more than 700 minutes of calls a month to the
    UK then maybe yes. But if you regularly make less than that, I'd
    suggest the voiptalk silver package and pay as you go. You'll still get
    a geographic number + the extras given in the unlimited package. (I
    have the silver package and won't be changing to this unlimited calls
    "offer" - it ain't worth it in my case)

    Paul

    paul123, Nov 5, 2005
  4. Adrian Mann

    Cogs Guest

    Hi

    I went for this as i also thought it was a good deal, bear in mind that
    its not 'unlimited' you get 3000 mins per month and providing you are
    going to use 700+ then can't go wrong.

    Cogs, Nov 13, 2005