    suspect on average I would gain from the PAYG on the landline if I stand to
    loose ?10 a quarter.

    Pity...

    talk3g.co.uk, May 30, 2006

  2. talk3g.co.uk

    Jono Guest

    talk3g.co.uk was thinking very hard :
    > Just had a message from VoIPstunt that my ?10 credit is about to expire.
    >
    > What will I loose when it does?
    >
    > Will I still be able to call landlines for free?
    >
    > If not I doubt if I'll bother with connecting a USB phone to my PC as I can
    > use their sister service on my normal landline (www.call18866.com) for 5p a
    > call for unlimited calls to UK landlines anytime. Not a huge issue but ?10 =
    > £7 which = 140 calls or just about 1 per day using a normal phone Vs VoIP. I
    > suspect on average I would gain from the PAYG on the landline if I stand to
    > loose ?10 a quarter.
    >
    > Pity...

    If you don't top up, you will lose your credit and will not be able to
    call landlines for free.

    If you do top up, you will retain your existing credit (AFAIK)

    You then need to use up your credit on chargeable calls, such as mobile
    or non-geographic & time the use of it all by the next time you need to
    top up.

    Jono, May 30, 2006

  3. talk3g.co.uk

    Sunil Sood Guest

    "talk3g.co.uk" <> wrote in message
    > If not I doubt if I'll bother with connecting a USB phone to my PC as I
    > can use their sister service on my normal landline (www.call18866.com) for
    > 5p a call for unlimited calls to UK landlines anytime.

    One of their other sister services (www.1899.com) is 3p/call..

    Regards
    Sunil

    Sunil Sood, May 30, 2006
  4. talk3g.co.uk

    Rob Guest

    =
    > £7 which = 140 calls or just about 1 per day using a normal phone Vs VoIP.

    > suspect on average I would gain from the PAYG on the landline if I stand

    > loose ?10 a quarter.

    AFAIK it's not 10Euros per quarter, but 120 days (ie almost 4 months).

    Rob

    Rob, Jun 1, 2006
  5. talk3g.co.uk

    GwG Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message

    > "talk3g.co.uk" <> wrote in message
    >

    >> If not I doubt if I'll bother with connecting a USB phone to my PC as

    > can
    >> use their sister service on my normal landline (www.call18866.com)
    >> for 5p

    >> call for unlimited calls to UK landlines anytime. Not a huge issue
    >> but ?10

    > =
    >> £7 which = 140 calls or just about 1 per day using a normal phone Vs
    >> VoIP.

    >> suspect on average I would gain from the PAYG on the landline if I
    >> stand

    >> loose ?10 a quarter.

    > AFAIK it's not 10Euros per quarter, but 120 days (ie almost 4 months).

    Yes, but that was yesterday.

    GwG, Jun 1, 2006
  6. talk3g.co.uk

    Guest

    GwG wrote:
    > "Rob" <> wrote in message

    > > AFAIK it's not 10Euros per quarter, but 120 days (ie almost 4 months).
    > >

    > Yes, but that was yesterday.

    True - I'm into day 127 since top up and not even a warning email yet.
    Isn't it terrible?

    Stuart

    , Jun 2, 2006
  7. talk3g.co.uk

    GwG Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > GwG wrote:
    >> "Rob" <> wrote in message

    >> > AFAIK it's not 10Euros per quarter, but 120 days (ie almost 4
    >> > months).
    >> >

    >> Yes, but that was yesterday.

    > True - I'm into day 127 since top up and not even a warning email yet.
    > Isn't it terrible?

    They were very efficient at converting my money into theirs, with the
    two accounts that I opened.
    I emailed them on both occasions, explaining that I was not prepared to
    have any more of my cash removed from my accounts without my permission,
    and I have not used them since.

    GwG, Jun 3, 2006