Voipfone Press Release - Virtual PBX

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by cjd, Jul 28, 2005.

  1. cjd

    cjd Guest

    Voipfone Launches the Self Service Virtual PBX for Small Business.

    The London based Internet Telephone provider, Voipfone,
    (http://www.voipfone.co.uk) today added a Virtual PBX services to its
    range of self service Voice over IP products.

    Voipfone's Self Service PBX gives small businesses the features and
    functionality of telephone systems that were previously only affordable
    by large corporations. It's a sophisticated call system suitable for
    an ordinary office, a virtual office, several offices in several
    locations and even the home.

    The new service costs less than £1 per extension per month; there are
    no set-up costs and no contracts. All extensions have a full PBX suite
    of features including - Call Conferencing, Call Transfer, Voice Mail,
    Music on Hold, Call Waiting, Call ID, Three Way Calling and free
    calling between offices and homes.

    It's a sophisticated, fully featured telephone system but it's also
    extremely easy to set up and use because it's all preconfigured and web
    based. The features just work - you don't need to spend days with a
    telephone expert to use it. It's as simple or as complicated as you
    want it to be.

    Colin Duffy, CEO of Inet Telecoms Ltd (Voipfone) said "Not only does
    our new Switchboard give a huge amount of features and functionality to
    a large group of customers that have been totally ignored by other
    telecom suppliers, but it will also save them a lot of money on their
    traditional telecom bill. Modern IP technologies make new things
    possible; our customers no longer need several incoming PSTN and ISDN
    lines and complex and expensive hardware just to make and receive phone
    calls within their offices. Nor do they need a trained telecoms
    engineer to set it up and maintain it - Voipfone's Virtual PBX does
    all that for you"

    "All the calls within our network are free, no matter where they are
    made to. It means that you can have one number for your customers to
    dial and it doesn't matter where your extensions are located; if you
    have home workers or a home office, a real office in the UK and another
    in France, it's as though you are all in the same building. Now, for
    only £1 per extension per month, small businesses can do what even big
    businesses are struggling to provide to their employees."

    "Our Virtual PBX finally gives small businesses the fully featured
    communication system that they've always needed - it costs almost
    nothing AND it saves them money. It sounds too good to be true, but for
    once, it isn't."

    For full details of what Voipfone's Virtual PBX does and the little
    it costs, visit www.voipfone.co.uk.

    Notes to editors
    Voipfone is an internet telephone service provided by Inet Telecoms
    Ltd, a London-based company which was formed to develop the latest
    voice over internet technologies. It aims to challenge the traditional
    telecoms companies' grip on the market by offering web based,
    self-service and low cost, high quality services that have more
    advanced features than the old public switched telephone network
    (PSTN).

    VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a way of making telephone calls
    over the internet without needing to use the traditional telephone
    networks. Calls to other users of this technology are free, no matter
    where the caller and called party are in the world.

    Colin Duffy, Inet Telecoms Ltd (Voipfone)
    Tel: 0044 (0)20 7043 5559
    Email:
    Web: http://www.voipfone.co.uk
    cjd, Jul 28, 2005

  2. cjd

    Mike Guest

    cjd wrote:
    > Voipfone Launches the Self Service Virtual PBX for Small Business.

    <Huge snip>

    Pulls up deckchair, beer and sandwiches.
    Waits for Newsgroup police to arrive.
    Mike, Jul 28, 2005

  3. cjd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > cjd wrote:
    >> Voipfone Launches the Self Service Virtual PBX for Small Business.

    > <Huge snip>
    >
    > Pulls up deckchair, beer and sandwiches.
    > Waits for Newsgroup police to arrive.

    There shouldn't be a need. People should respect the group charter. I will
    say no more.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 28, 2005
  4. cjd

    Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:13:58 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Mike wrote:
    >> cjd wrote:
    >>> Voipfone Launches the Self Service Virtual PBX for Small Business.

    >> <Huge snip>
    >>
    >> Pulls up deckchair, beer and sandwiches.
    >> Waits for Newsgroup police to arrive.

    >There shouldn't be a need. People should respect the group charter. I will
    >say no more.

    Some people have no respect for human lives so how can you expect
    people to have respect for a few meaningless words with no teeth,
    get real Ivor this is 2005 not 1960 when people did have some respect
    for people and authority and stuff.
    Just who is bothered anyway besides yourself anyone can post what they
    want to post for all I care I just ignore what don't interest me.
    , Jul 28, 2005
  5. cjd

    Mike Guest

    wrote:

    <snip>

    .......Fetches more beer and sandwiches
    Mike, Jul 28, 2005
  6. cjd

    cjd Guest

    <Drags up a chair alongside; waits for tap on shoulder>

    To be fair to myself (well no-one else will) I did consider not posting
    this, particularly in the light of recent posts. But then I thought
    f*** it. This is news and this is a news group dedicated to the
    subject.

    This is something I'd want to know about if I was interested in VoIP in
    the UK. So why not?

    Colin Duffy
    Voipfone
    cjd, Jul 28, 2005
  7. cjd

    Nick Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > ......Fetches more beer and sandwiches

    On my way round, I prefer real ale if any is available.
    Nick, Jul 28, 2005
  8. cjd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    cjd wrote:
    > <Drags up a chair alongside; waits for tap on shoulder>
    >
    > To be fair to myself (well no-one else will) I did consider not
    > posting this, particularly in the light of recent posts. But then
    > I thought f*** it. This is news and this is a news group dedicated
    > to the subject.
    >
    > This is something I'd want to know about if I was interested in
    > VoIP in the UK. So why not?
    >
    > Colin Duffy
    > Voipfone

    It's news if it mentions something of interest. Once prices and phrases
    like "register now and buy credit" are flung about, as happened in another
    thread, then it becomes advertising in my view.

    I have no issues with posting short summaries and hyperlinks to relevant
    websites, but when people start quoting verbatim and mention money then it
    oversteps the mark.

    I am sorry if people think I am being over-zealous but this group does
    have a charter, the wording of which took a lot of thought and time.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 28, 2005
  9. cjd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Nick wrote:
    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> ......Fetches more beer and sandwiches

    > On my way round, I prefer real ale if any is available.

    Well we agree on something, Wadworths 6X please..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 28, 2005
  10. On 28 Jul 2005 13:49:50 -0700, "cjd" <> wrote:

    ><Drags up a chair alongside; waits for tap on shoulder>

    ;-)

    >To be fair to myself (well no-one else will) I did consider not posting
    >this, particularly in the light of recent posts. But then I thought
    >f*** it. This is news and this is a news group dedicated to the
    >subject.

    IMO, FWIW, the difference between "news" and "adverts" is whether the
    person posting them is selling the items/services mentioned. E.g.
    people posts news about commercial stuff on u.t - mainly when BT
    change things - but that is not advertising as the regulars who do so
    do not work for BT.

    It's like BBC News commenting on a new "product" vs the marketing
    director of the company that makes the product commenting on it. The
    first is news, the later is advertising.

    >Colin Duffy
    >Voipfone

    Until I noticed your .sig (or rather not a .sig since you missed the
    "-- " (dash dash space") that precedes signatures) I thought that your
    article was OK.

    However, now I've noticed it, this was/is an advert and should not
    have been posted here - no matter how relevant the service/product is.
    If you want a uk.telecom.voip.adverts group, feel free to send an RFD
    to control ;-)

    One question (whilst your company's service looks good value):

    You say: "Calls to other users of this technology are free, no matter
    where the caller and called party are in the world."

    Does that mean:

    That users of your service can call other VoIP users regardless of the
    company they use, the technology they use (SIP, IAX2, SkyPE, etc.) and
    the provider they use - i.e. do you have interconnects with *every*
    other VoIP company?

    - Stuart Millington ALL HTML e-mail rejected -
    - mailto:p http://w3.z-add.co.uk/ -
    Stuart Millington, Jul 29, 2005
  11. On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:37:05 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >I am sorry if people think I am being over-zealous but this group does
    >have a charter, the wording of which took a lot of thought and time.

    People are too soft now. Unless you were posting in uk.telecom in
    the 1990's or before... before the permanent September... charters
    were respected and violators were hung, drawn and quartered... not
    quite literally - but this is a good start:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/26/russian_spammer_killed/

    Stuart Millington, Jul 29, 2005
  12. On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:38:08 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:
    >Nick wrote:
    >> On my way round, I prefer real ale if any is available.

    >Well we agree on something, Wadworths 6X please..!

    Bathams <anything>, Deacon's Downfall, Owd Rodger or Old Speckled
    Hen here ;-)

    Although this is more suitable for uk.food+drink.real-ale ;-)

    Stuart Millington, Jul 29, 2005
  13. cjd

    Tom Guest

    In this case, I believe it is providing useful information on a service
    which seems to be unique in the UK. Therefore, the post is appropriate in
    this NG IMHO.

    Tom, Jul 29, 2005
  14. cjd

    cjd Guest

    Stuart Millington wrote:

    > You say: "Calls to other users of this technology are free, no matter
    > where the caller and called party are in the world."
    >
    > Does that mean:
    >
    > That users of your service can call other VoIP users regardless of the
    > company they use, the technology they use (SIP, IAX2, SkyPE, etc.) and
    > the provider they use - i.e. do you have interconnects with *every*
    > other VoIP company?

    Actually I said "All the calls within our network are free, no matter
    where they are made to"

    However, we are prepared to peer with pretty much anyone with a decent
    network - we have an open networks policy. So far these networks peer
    with us
    *878 Voiptalk

    *488 Intervivo

    *393 FWD

    *747 SipPhone

    *333 Deltathree

    *467 Gossiptel

    *472 Gradwell

    *687 Musimi

    *856 Telio

    *483 Gratissip

    Skype runs a propriatory network so there's not much we can do with
    them.
    cjd, Jul 29, 2005
  15. cjd

    Mike Guest

    cjd wrote:
    > <Drags up a chair alongside; waits for tap on shoulder>

    <snip>

    Folds up deckchair. Fetches comfy chair, more beer and sandwiches.
    Mike, Jul 29, 2005
  16. cjd

    Mike Guest

    Nick wrote:
    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >><snip>
    >>
    >>......Fetches more beer and sandwiches

    > On my way round, I prefer real ale if any is available.

    Who said it wasn't real ale?
    Mike, Jul 29, 2005
  17. On 29 Jul 2005 01:05:15 -0700, "cjd" <> wrote:
    >Stuart Millington wrote:
    >
    >> You say: "Calls to other users of this technology are free, no matter
    >> where the caller and called party are in the world."

    >Actually I said "All the calls within our network are free, no matter
    >where they are made to"

    I know I didn't make that quote up, but I can't find where I
    cut'n'pasted it from now :-(

    >However, we are prepared to peer with pretty much anyone with a decent
    >network - we have an open networks policy. So far these networks peer
    >with us

    That would explain why SipGate isn't on the list ;-)

    >Skype runs a propriatory network so there's not much we can do with
    >them.

    Not legally anyway...

    Stuart Millington, Jul 29, 2005
  18. cjd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > In this case, I believe it is providing useful information on a
    > service which seems to be unique in the UK. Therefore, the post is
    > appropriate in this NG IMHO.

    A short summary and/or a link to the website concerned, fine. Quoting
    verbatim incuding prices etc., no.

    For example, I happen to have recently started using the Fritz!Box Fon
    from AVM, I think it's an excellent piece of kit and I have no issues with
    anyone saying so and posting a link to the relevant website. However if I
    or anyone starts going on saying "buy this now, only £xxx.xx" then that is
    not acceptable.

    Recommendations, yes. Advertising, no.

    Ivor
    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    Ivor Jones, Jul 29, 2005
  19. cjd

    Mike Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > In this case, I believe it is providing useful information on a service
    > which seems to be unique in the UK.

    Not unique, Gradwell have been doing this for quite some time.
    Mike, Jul 29, 2005
  20. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:

    > Recommendations, yes. Advertising, no.
    >
    > Ivor

    How about just highlighting a new provider is available, and breif details.
    Someone may not have used it to be able to recommend it.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 29, 2005