Voipfone hikes call charges to mobiles :-(

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by DMac, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. DMac

    DMac Guest

    Recieved this this am - prices have already gone up - Certainly worth
    checking if you are planning

    to make calls through them to avoid any nasty surprises

    >>"From 8th September, calls to landlines in the UK and many Western
    >>countries will be charged at 1p per minute (1.2p inc VAT) and most UK
    >>mobiles at 12p per minute ex VAT (14.1p inc VAT).

    "We have held our mobile prices static for over 2 years, despite several
    price increases from our call termination providers and moving our entire
    network to business class, high quality routes; but we now need to make some
    changes.

    "We have also made changes to mobile routes to some international
    destinations. If you regularly call international mobiles, please check the
    call cost calculator to find the exact price you will be charged for the
    number you are calling." <<<

    Their call calculator also shows calls to the 3 network rise to 23.5p
    including VAT

    DMac, Sep 8, 2006