    Anyone else see Voipfone okay?

    Thanks
    Steve

    Steve, Sep 27, 2005

  2. Steve

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:03:22 +0100, Steve <hulluk@*remove*gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >My Asterisk box has lost it's connection to voipfone and I can't get a
    >site at http://www.voipfone.co.uk
    >
    >Anyone else see Voipfone okay?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Steve

    No dial tone and no site :-(

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Steve

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:03:22 +0100, Steve <hulluk@*remove*gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >>My Asterisk box has lost it's connection to voipfone and I can't get a
    >>site at http://www.voipfone.co.uk
    >>
    >>Anyone else see Voipfone okay?

    > No dial tone and no site :-(

    I can see voipfone.co.uk here (AS851) fine behind Level3 and Sprint.

    Paul Cupis, Sep 27, 2005
  4. Steve

    Mark Adamson Guest

    "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    > Brian A wrote:
    >> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:03:22 +0100, Steve <hulluk@*remove*gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>>My Asterisk box has lost it's connection to voipfone and I can't get a
    >>>site at http://www.voipfone.co.uk
    >>>
    >>>Anyone else see Voipfone okay?

    >> No dial tone and no site :-(

    > I can see voipfone.co.uk here (AS851) fine behind Level3 and Sprint.

    It was down here too, but now back up. I'm sure we will get an explanation
    and planned changes to prevent reoccurence soon!

    Mark Adamson, Sep 27, 2005
  5. Steve

    Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:16:14 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:03:22 +0100, Steve <hulluk@*remove*gmail.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>My Asterisk box has lost it's connection to voipfone and I can't get a
    >>site at http://www.voipfone.co.uk
    >>
    >>Anyone else see Voipfone okay?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Steve

    >No dial tone and no site :-(

    22.35 all ok here .

    , Sep 27, 2005
  6. Steve

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:16:14 GMT, Brian A
    > <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > > No dial tone and no site :-(

    > 22.35 all ok here .

    Can't see the site here at 2242.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 27, 2005
  7. Steve

    <> wrote:

    >No dial tone and no site :-(

    Bugger. Lets hope they fix it soon!

    Steve

    Steve, Sep 27, 2005
  8. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:43:59 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >Can't see the site here at 2242.
    >
    >Ivor

    Seems to be back....
    Steve

    Steve, Sep 27, 2005
  9. Steve

    Ad C Guest

    In article <>,
    hulluk@*remove*gmail.com says...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My Asterisk box has lost it's connection to voipfone and I can't get a
    > site at http://www.voipfone.co.uk
    >
    > Anyone else see Voipfone okay?

    This is the thing that do worry me about VOIP, reliability.

    Is it really going to be up to the task when it is needed? and that also
    means Bt new I.P network when it happens

    Ad C, Sep 27, 2005
  10. Steve

    Sean Guest

    Ad C wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > hulluk@*remove*gmail.com says...
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>
    >>My Asterisk box has lost it's connection to voipfone and I can't get a
    >>site at http://www.voipfone.co.uk
    >>
    >>Anyone else see Voipfone okay?

    > This is the thing that do worry me about VOIP, reliability.
    >
    > Is it really going to be up to the task when it is needed? and that also
    > means Bt new I.P network when it happens

    I've used BT Broadband Voice for ages, and find there service very reliable!

    Sean, Sep 28, 2005
  11. Steve

    Ad C Guest

    In article <dhdprg$oo5$2surf.net>,
    says...
    ..

    > > Is it really going to be up to the task when it is needed? and that also
    > > means Bt new I.P network when it happens

    > I've used BT Broadband Voice for ages, and find there service very reliable!

    People says that about vonage, but if they get too many people using the
    system, will it stay ok?
    BT voice have only about 500,000 users, do you t6hink the service will
    stay the same if they had say a million or two million?

    the normal phone system can cope with a lot more people at the same
    time, well at the moment it can, not sure what will happen when it
    changes over.

    Ad C, Sep 28, 2005
  12. Steve

    Mark Guest

    On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:05:02 +0100, Ad C <>
    wrote:

    [snip]

    >BT voice have only about 500,000 users, do you t6hink the service will
    >stay the same if they had say a million or two million?

    Can you quote your source for the 0.5 million users please?
    --
    Mark

    Mark, Sep 29, 2005