Voipfone Can Port Virgin Media Numbers

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by tommy_f, May 19, 2008.

  1. tommy_f

    tommy_f Guest

    I've seen a few posts here from people looking to port their number
    from Virgin Media but having difficulty finding a VoIP company that
    can do it. Well it looks like Voipfone now can; I got this email over
    the weekend.

    Dear Tom Ford

    We are often asked if we can transfer Virgin Media telephone numbers
    onto our network and we’re pleased to say that now we can.

    If you would like to do this, you’ll find the process here:
    https://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Porting_Numbers.php

    (Virgin Media includes the old NTL and TeleWest numbers.)

    Kind Regards

    Voipfone Customer Services

    Tel: 020 7043 5555
    Fax: 020 7043 5556
    Email:
    Web: www.voipfone.co.uk
    User Forum: www.voipfoneuserforum.com
    tommy_f, May 19, 2008

  2. tommy_f

    Guest

    On Mon, 19 May 2008 06:25:17 -0700 (PDT), tommy_f
    <> wrote:

    >I've seen a few posts here from people looking to port their number
    >from Virgin Media but having difficulty finding a VoIP company that
    >can do it. Well it looks like Voipfone now can; I got this email over
    >the weekend.

    They/you failed to mention that they charge £ 20.00 pr number .
    , May 22, 2008

  3. tommy_f

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 22 May 2008 20:49:01 +0100, wrote:

    >On Mon, 19 May 2008 06:25:17 -0700 (PDT), tommy_f
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I've seen a few posts here from people looking to port their number
    >>from Virgin Media but having difficulty finding a VoIP company that
    >>can do it. Well it looks like Voipfone now can; I got this email over
    >>the weekend.

    >They/you failed to mention that they charge £ 20.00 pr number .

    I asked voip.co.uk about this once and, unless my memory fails me, I
    don't think that there was a charge at all.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, May 23, 2008
  4. tommy_f

    Guest

    On Fri, 23 May 2008 11:53:49 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 22 May 2008 20:49:01 +0100, wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 19 May 2008 06:25:17 -0700 (PDT), tommy_f
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I've seen a few posts here from people looking to port their number
    >>>from Virgin Media but having difficulty finding a VoIP company that
    >>>can do it. Well it looks like Voipfone now can; I got this email over
    >>>the weekend.

    >>They/you failed to mention that they charge £ 20.00 pr number .

    >I asked voip.co.uk about this once and, unless my memory fails me, I
    >don't think that there was a charge at all.

    Well voip.co.uk didn't when I moved my Vonage number over, no way of
    knowing what they are doing now . Voipfone on the other hand are an
    excellent UK based voip provider but they do tend to be a little
    expensive regarding things like porting numbers etc .
    , May 23, 2008
  5. tommy_f

    Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > Well voip.co.uk didn't when I moved my Vonage number over, no way of
    > knowing what they are doing now . Voipfone on the other hand are an
    > excellent UK based voip provider but they do tend to be a little
    > expensive regarding things like porting numbers etc .

    Porting numbers is bit hassle. Lots of manual paperwork and chasing
    when they go wrong. It has a cost.

    Tim
    Tim, May 23, 2008
  6. tommy_f

    Guest

    On Fri, 23 May 2008 14:07:10 +0100, Tim <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Well voip.co.uk didn't when I moved my Vonage number over, no way of
    >> knowing what they are doing now . Voipfone on the other hand are an
    >> excellent UK based voip provider but they do tend to be a little
    >> expensive regarding things like porting numbers etc .

    >Porting numbers is bit hassle. Lots of manual paperwork and chasing
    >when they go wrong. It has a cost.
    >
    >Tim

    What one can do without cost ( voip.co.uk ) all can do, but I suppose
    if people are to lazy to notify people of a change of number then I
    suppose they deserve to pay .
    , May 23, 2008
  7. tommy_f

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 23 May 2008 16:04:31 +0100, wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 May 2008 14:07:10 +0100, Tim <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> Well voip.co.uk didn't when I moved my Vonage number over, no way of
    >>> knowing what they are doing now . Voipfone on the other hand are an
    >>> excellent UK based voip provider but they do tend to be a little
    >>> expensive regarding things like porting numbers etc .

    >>Porting numbers is bit hassle. Lots of manual paperwork and chasing
    >>when they go wrong. It has a cost.
    >>
    >>Tim

    >What one can do without cost ( voip.co.uk ) all can do, but I suppose
    >if people are to lazy to notify people of a change of number then I
    >suppose they deserve to pay .

    Personally I think that it is quite reasonable to make a charge. Just
    how much that should be is a matter of conjecture.
    If the number is a business one then porting is perfectly
    understandable.

    ---
    Brian A, May 23, 2008
  8. tommy_f

    glambert

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Porting charges are often because companies charge for numbers to be ported from them and there is also a lot of work to be done to get numbers ported over.

    Time is money, and if the voip company is charged money then they will simply pass on the charge to the company as well.
    glambert, Jan 26, 2009