    Wouldn't voipfone make something off the calls to the 0808s which they
    are now losing?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Brian A

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > Wouldn't voipfone make something off the calls to the 0808s which they
    > are now losing?

    If they are directly connected to BT (wholesale) they would make a small
    amount - possibly not enough for them to justify the use of their
    systems for this purpose though.

    If they are indirectly connected (i.e. get connectivity through another
    provider), then they might not see any money, or it might even cost them
    to receive 0800/0808 calls.

    Paul Cupis, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Brian A

    Linus Surguy Guest

    Paul Cupis <> wrote:

    >Brian A wrote:
    >> Wouldn't voipfone make something off the calls to the 0808s which they
    >> are now losing?

    >If they are directly connected to BT (wholesale) they would make a small
    >amount - possibly not enough for them to justify the use of their
    >systems for this purpose though.

    This is not actually correct, certain classes of 0800/0808 are classified as
    'indirect access' and OLO operators do not receive a payment for this type. The
    call18866/finera sa/connect telecom access numbers all fall into this category
    and so the carrier operating these will receive nothing but still have to pay
    for the equipment carrying the call.

    Linus

    www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
    Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!

    Linus Surguy, Oct 26, 2005
  4. Brian A

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Linus Surguy wrote:
    > Paul Cupis <> wrote:
    >>Brian A wrote:
    >>>Wouldn't voipfone make something off the calls to the 0808s which they
    >>>are now losing?

    >>If they are directly connected to BT (wholesale) they would make a small
    >>amount - possibly not enough for them to justify the use of their
    >>systems for this purpose though.

    > This is not actually correct, certain classes of 0800/0808 are classified as
    > 'indirect access' and OLO operators do not receive a payment for this type. The
    > call18866/finera sa/connect telecom access numbers all fall into this category
    > and so the carrier operating these will receive nothing but still have to pay
    > for the equipment carrying the call.

    You're right, of course. I didn't check what specific number ranges
    Finera were using.

    Paul Cupis, Oct 26, 2005