    me my credit (correctly) then sends busy tone. For any number I try,
    and they aint all busy! But 123 does give me the Speaking Clock. Is
    there some secret code I should be dialling?
    Nick, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Nick wrote:
    > Following the setup shown on the VoipFone website, I have configured
    > the 486 ATA. After the usual (for me) blood sweat and tears it works -
    > almost! But when I dial a number, in the format eg 0044123etc it tells
    > me my credit (correctly) then sends busy tone. For any number I try,
    > and they aint all busy! But 123 does give me the Speaking Clock. Is
    > there some secret code I should be dialling?

    why are you dialling 0044 its a uk number just dial as you would from
    your land line or mobile

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Nick

    Nick Guest

    On 5 Oct 2005 06:47:25 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    <> wrote:

    >Nick wrote:
    >> Following the setup shown on the VoipFone website, I have configured
    >> the 486 ATA. After the usual (for me) blood sweat and tears it works -
    >> almost! But when I dial a number, in the format eg 0044123etc it tells
    >> me my credit (correctly) then sends busy tone. For any number I try,
    >> and they aint all busy! But 123 does give me the Speaking Clock. Is
    >> there some secret code I should be dialling?

    >why are you dialling 0044 its a uk number just dial as you would from
    >your land line or mobile
    >
    >Mat

    I get the same result, my credit then Busy Tone if I dial a UK number
    as if I was in the UK. Or if I dial 0061etc for an Ozzie number, etc.
    *Pull FINGER out for valid email*
    Nick, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Nick wrote:
    > On 5 Oct 2005 06:47:25 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >Nick wrote:
    > >> Following the setup shown on the VoipFone website, I have configured
    > >> the 486 ATA. After the usual (for me) blood sweat and tears it works -
    > >> almost! But when I dial a number, in the format eg 0044123etc it tells
    > >> me my credit (correctly) then sends busy tone. For any number I try,
    > >> and they aint all busy! But 123 does give me the Speaking Clock. Is
    > >> there some secret code I should be dialling?

    > >why are you dialling 0044 its a uk number just dial as you would from
    > >your land line or mobile
    > >
    > >Mat

    > I get the same result, my credit then Busy Tone if I dial a UK number
    > as if I was in the UK. Or if I dial 0061etc for an Ozzie number, etc.
    > *Pull FINGER out for valid email*

    are you sure your handytone is configured correctly it sounds like your
    ata is not registered properly and thats why it wont let you make a
    call i have been with voipfone a while now and i have never had a
    problem.

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Nick

    Sean Guest

    It a new account? You topped it up?
    Sean, Oct 5, 2005
  6. Nick

    Nick Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:20:55 +0100, Sean
    <> wrote:

    >It a new account? You topped it up?

    Yes! And as I said, it keeps telling me I have a credit.
    Nick.
    *Pull FINGER out for valid email*
    Nick, Oct 5, 2005
  7. Nick wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:20:55 +0100, Sean
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >It a new account? You topped it up?

    > Yes! And as I said, it keeps telling me I have a credit.
    > Nick.
    > *Pull FINGER out for valid email*

    i would give support a call their tech people are are very good

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Oct 5, 2005
  8. Nick

    Guest

    On 5 Oct 2005 08:59:27 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    <> wrote:

    >i would give support a call their tech people are are very good
    >
    >Mat

    You are starting to sound like Ivor :))))))))))))))))))))) but I agree
    they are very good a quick call sorted a little problem out for me
    last week .
    , Oct 5, 2005
  9. Nick

    GlenC Guest

    Can you actually phone them? I thought support was only done by
    email..

    Could you possibly give me their number ;-)

    Thanks....

    GlenC, Oct 5, 2005
  10. GlenC wrote:
    > Can you actually phone them? I thought support was only done by
    > email..
    >
    > Could you possibly give me their number ;-)
    >
    > Thanks....
    >

    > On 5 Oct 2005 08:59:27 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >Nick wrote:

    > >> Yes! And as I said, it keeps telling me I have a credit.
    > >> Nick.
    > >> *Pull FINGER out for valid email*

    > >i would give support a call their tech people are are very good
    > >
    > >Mat

    It is on the site although not too easy to see the number is 020
    70435555

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Oct 5, 2005
  11. wrote:
    > On 5 Oct 2005 08:59:27 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >i would give support a call their tech people are are very good
    > >
    > >Mat

    > You are starting to sound like Ivor :)))))))))))))))))))))

    Ohhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooo dont say that ;)

    > but I agree
    > they are very good a quick call sorted a little problem out for me
    > last week .

    yep always been very helpfully when i have needed to call

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Oct 5, 2005
  12. Nick

    Guest

    On 5 Oct 2005 09:52:55 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    <> wrote:

    >It is on the site although not too easy to see the number is 020
    >70435555

    It was the first thing I checked after my experience with no see, no
    here, no phone , email contact only Sipgate Mat .
    , Oct 5, 2005
  13. Nick

    Tone Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:33:12 +0100, wrote:

    >On 5 Oct 2005 08:59:27 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>i would give support a call their tech people are are very good
    >>
    >>Mat

    >You are starting to sound like Ivor :)))))))))))))))))))))

    And you are sounding like Turtill

    Then again you ARE Turtill

    --

    Just livin' the Vida Sofa
    Tone, Oct 5, 2005
  14. Nick

    Nick Guest

    >> >i would give support a call their tech people are are very good
    >> >
    >> >Mat

    >It is on the site although not too easy to see the number is 020
    >70435555
    >
    >Mat

    Thanks - I will ask them. I'm quite baffled as I can set the thing up
    OK for VoipBuster, which it seems many people have a lot of trouble to
    do.
    Nick.
    *Pull FINGER out for valid email*
    Nick, Oct 5, 2005
  15. Nick

    Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 20:37:42 +0300, Nick <>
    wrote:

    >I'm quite baffled as I can set the thing up
    >OK for VoipBuster, which it seems many people have a lot of trouble to
    >do.

    Hi Nick so what are the settings you are using for voipbuster I have
    Voipphone working ok but can't get buster working with my ata or the
    Eyebeam softphone ,Voiphone should not be giving you any problems at
    all .
    , Oct 5, 2005
  16. Nick

    Nick Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:04:24 +0100, wrote:

    >On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 20:37:42 +0300, Nick <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>I'm quite baffled as I can set the thing up
    >>OK for VoipBuster, which it seems many people have a lot of trouble to
    >>do.

    >Hi Nick so what are the settings you are using for voipbuster I have
    >Voipphone working ok but can't get buster working with my ata or the
    >Eyebeam softphone ,Voiphone should not be giving you any problems at
    >all .

    Dexter, I used the settings on the VoipFone site for the HandyTone-486
    ATA http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Grandstream_handytone.php except SIP
    Server is sip.voipbuster.co.uk and of course the correct User ID and
    p/w. No other changes. Good Luck!
    Nick, Oct 5, 2005
  17. Nick

    Nick Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:48:17 +0300, Nick <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:04:24 +0100, wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 20:37:42 +0300, Nick <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm quite baffled as I can set the thing up
    >>>OK for VoipBuster, which it seems many people have a lot of trouble to
    >>>do.

    >>Hi Nick so what are the settings you are using for voipbuster I have
    >>Voipphone working ok but can't get buster working with my ata or the
    >>Eyebeam softphone ,Voiphone should not be giving you any problems at
    >>all .

    >Dexter, I used the settings on the VoipFone site for the HandyTone-486
    >ATA http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Grandstream_handytone.php except SIP
    >Server is sip.voipbuster.co.uk and of course the correct User ID and
    >p/w. No other changes. Good Luck!

    CORRECTION: sip.voipbuster.com NOT .co.uk
    Nick, Oct 5, 2005
  18. Nick

    Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:50:33 +0300, Nick <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:48:17 +0300, Nick <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:04:24 +0100, wrote:

    >>>Hi Nick so what are the settings you are using for voipbuster I have
    >>>Voipphone working ok but can't get buster working with my ata or the
    >>>Eyebeam softphone ,Voiphone should not be giving you any problems at
    >>>all .

    >>Dexter, I used the settings on the VoipFone site for the HandyTone-486
    >>ATA http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Grandstream_handytone.php except SIP
    >>Server is sip.voipbuster.co.uk and of course the correct User ID and
    >>p/w. No other changes. Good Luck!

    >CORRECTION: sip.voipbuster.com NOT .co.uk

    Thanks Nick I will give it a go nothing to loose works perfect with
    their own software .
    , Oct 5, 2005
  19. Nick

    Nick Guest

    >>>Dexter, I used the settings on the VoipFone site for the HandyTone-486
    >>>ATA http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Grandstream_handytone.php except SIP
    >>>Server is sip.voipbuster.co.uk and of course the correct User ID and
    >>>p/w. No other changes. Good Luck!

    >>CORRECTION: sip.voipbuster.com NOT .co.uk

    >Thanks Nick I will give it a go nothing to loose works perfect with
    >their own software .

    1) This morning the 486 will not register with VoipBuster, with the
    same settings as it worked with yesterday. (Their softphone client
    still works fine).

    2) VoipBuster have removed some countries from their FREE list.

    3) The problems with VoipFone and the 486 are unchanged. Yes, no
    problems with their software.
    Nick, Oct 6, 2005
  20. Nick

    Nick Guest

    On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:19:43 +0300, Nick <>
    wrote:

    VoipFone problems resolved!
    I spoke to a very nice guy there he explained my a/c had been disabled
    as the country I live in has been known to harbour dishonest folk
    using stolen credit cards. However, when I assured him I was like the
    driven snow, he enabled the a/c again.
    Nick.
    *Pull FINGER out for valid email*
    Nick, Oct 6, 2005