    I have an account with Voipcheap.com for my landline. I have just received a
    Samsung Galaxy android mobile, is there anyway to get a program so I can use
    voip on my mobile via a internet connection Thanks D.........
    Dutchman, Jan 28, 2010

  2. Dutchman

    Steve Hayes Guest

    Dutchman wrote:

    > I have an account with Voipcheap.com for my landline. I have just received
    > a Samsung Galaxy android mobile, is there anyway to get a program so I can
    > use
    > voip on my mobile via a internet connection Thanks D.........

    Look in Android Market for Sipdroid.

    I can't say about the Galaxy or Voipcheap but it mostly works on the HTC
    Hero with Sipgate.

    The biggest deficiency is that, when I ring a landline, there is no ringing
    tone, just a dead silence until the call is answered. I expect this will get
    fixed at some time.

    Also if you want to receive calls reliably, you'll need to configure the
    phone's WiFi sleep policy to Never (assuming you're using WiFi - many mobile
    data plans don't allow VOIP) and this may run down the battery quite fast.

    Since Sipgate allow multiple devices to register and make simultaneous calls
    on one account, I use Sipdroid if I want to make a call and the landline
    phone (also using Sipgate for outgoing calls) is in use.

    --
    Steve Hayes, South Wales, UK
    ----Remove colours from reply address----
    Steve Hayes, Jan 29, 2010