    the software or my cheapo headset?

    Thanks

    John

    John, Sep 13, 2005

  2. John

    7 Guest

    John wrote:

    > I've just started to use Voipcheap with a USB headset. It works fine but
    > as soon as I dial out, it turns up the volume under Voice Playback in
    > Control Panel which makes it uncomfortably loud. As soon as I disconnect
    > it turns the volume down again! There are some audio controls on the
    > headset but they don't seem to have any effect. It's a bit annoying having
    > to manually adjust it in control panel everytime I make a call. I'm using
    > Windows XP SP2 if that's of any relevance.
    >
    > Does anybody else have this difficulty and is it likely to be a problem
    > with the software or my cheapo headset?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    Get a good quality headset with volume control
    - they are 2 or 3 pounds in maplins / ebay.
    Poundland has them for a pound if in stock.

    7, Sep 13, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    > Get a good quality headset with volume control
    > - they are 2 or 3 pounds in maplins / ebay.
    > Poundland has them for a pound if in stock.

    Thanks for the reply. The headphones do have a volume control but it just
    seems to be overidden when I click to connect with the voipcheap software.
    Which points to it being a problem with the software I guess?

    John

    John, Sep 13, 2005