    Sean Browne
    Cardiff IT Support Ltd
    www.cardiffitsupport.com

    cardiffITsupport.com, Jan 1, 2007

  2. cardiffITsupport.com

    Herman Guest

    "cardiffITsupport.com" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone know the rate Voipcheap.com charge to UK Mobiles after you have
    > exceeded the 300 minutes in any given week?
    >
    > As far as I can see, their website doesn't show it.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > ---
    > Sean Browne
    > Cardiff IT Support Ltd
    > www.cardiffitsupport.com

    I don't see any mention of 300 minutes cap for *chargeable* calls in the
    blurb on their website:

    * Max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days.
    Unused free minutes cannot be taken to the following week(s). If limit is
    exceeded the normal rates apply. With your FREE DAYS you can call for free
    to all the destinations listed as free! when you have no FREE DAYS left the
    normal rates apply. You can get extra Freedays by buying credit

    Herman, Jan 1, 2007

  3. cardiffITsupport.com

    Graham Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone know the rate Voipcheap.com charge to UK Mobiles after you have
    > exceeded the 300 minutes in any given week?
    >
    > As far as I can see, their website doesn't show it.

    8.1 Euro cents (inc) irrispective of your freedays or weekly quota status.
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Jan 1, 2007
  4. cardiffITsupport.com

    RH Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone know the rate Voipcheap.com charge to UK Mobiles after you have
    > exceeded the 300 minutes in any given week?
    >
    > As far as I can see, their website doesn't show it.

    UK mobiles are not included in the free days calls only land line calls
    Calls to UK landlines outside of freedays are : £0.007 (ex VAT) other costs
    can be found at:

    http://www.voipcheap.com/en/freetrial.html

    RH, Jan 1, 2007
  5. cardiffITsupport.com wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone know the rate Voipcheap.com charge to UK Mobiles after you have
    > exceeded the 300 minutes in any given week?
    >
    > As far as I can see, their website doesn't show it.

    As others have said, UK mobiles don't come into the free minutes so it's
    0.07 EuroCents / min = 5.5 p / minute or part there of inc. VAT

    In other words, a significant saving over any other phone service
    provider regular or VoIP.

    Only problem we have come across is some mobile phone users don't answer
    or drop all "unknown Caller" or "International" callers, which we then
    phone on our voipfone account.

    HTH
    Pete

    http://gymratz.co.uk/polar-heart-rate-monitors/ Polar HeartRate Monitors
    http://water-rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_, Jan 2, 2007
  6. Thus spaketh "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)":
    > cardiffITsupport.com wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Anyone know the rate Voipcheap.com charge to UK Mobiles after you
    >> have exceeded the 300 minutes in any given week?
    >>
    >> As far as I can see, their website doesn't show it.

    > As others have said, UK mobiles don't come into the free minutes so
    > it's 0.07 EuroCents / min = 5.5 p / minute or part there of inc. VAT

    0.07 Euro or 7 Cents, not 7 hundredths of a cent as you have posted.

    Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 2, 2007
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_, Jan 2, 2007
  8. Thus spaketh "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)":
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >
    >> 0.07 Euro or 7 Cents, not 7 hundredths of a cent as you have posted.

    > Indeed.
    > Thankyou for highlighting my error.

    No worries, easy to make.

    Have a great new year!

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 2, 2007
  9. cardiffITsupport.com

    andy Guest

    Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
    > cardiffITsupport.com wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Anyone know the rate Voipcheap.com charge to UK Mobiles after you have
    > > exceeded the 300 minutes in any given week?
    > >
    > > As far as I can see, their website doesn't show it.

    > As others have said, UK mobiles don't come into the free minutes so it's
    > 0.07 EuroCents / min = 5.5 p / minute or part there of inc. VAT
    >
    > In other words, a significant saving over any other phone service
    > provider regular or VoIP.
    >
    > Only problem we have come across is some mobile phone users don't answer
    > or drop all "unknown Caller" or "International" callers, which we then
    > phone on our voipfone account.

    You can send a caller ID, but at the moment only mobile numbers can be
    validated for this (by receiving an sms)

    andy, Jan 3, 2007
  10. andy wrote:

    > You can send a caller ID, but at the moment only mobile numbers can be
    > validated for this (by receiving an sms)

    I wasn't aware of that.
    I see cheap.com are advertising voip-in numbers but "none are available
    in your country" at the mo.
    Don't fancy putting my mobile no. on as CID. as there'd be no escape.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_, Jan 3, 2007
  11. cardiffITsupport.com

    cheap.com? Guest

    On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 13:48:27 GMT, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

    >I see cheap.com are advertising ...

    My browser says:
    We can't find "cheap.com"

    cheap.com?, Jan 3, 2007
  12. cheap.com? wrote:
    > On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 13:48:27 GMT, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
    >
    >> I see cheap.com are advertising ...

    > My browser says:
    > We can't find "cheap.com"

    It was an abreviation of the Subject. I didn't want to spam
    www.voipcheap.com in every post.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_, Jan 3, 2007
  13. cardiffITsupport.com

    Herman Guest

    "andy" <> wrote in message

    You can send a caller ID, but at the moment only mobile numbers can be
    validated for this (by receiving an sms)

    Interesting. Just got the latest version of the softphone and indeed it is
    on there (but is a bit tardy sending the sms). I take it this will work
    through an ATA as well as their softphone (or do I need to add any
    configuration ?)

    Herman, Jan 3, 2007
  14. cardiffITsupport.com

    Herman Guest

    "Herman" <> wrote in message
    > "andy" <> wrote in message
    >
    > You can send a caller ID, but at the moment only mobile numbers can be
    > validated for this (by receiving an sms)
    >
    > Interesting. Just got the latest version of the softphone and indeed it
    > is on there (but is a bit tardy sending the sms). I take it this will
    > work through an ATA as well as their softphone (or do I need to add any
    > configuration ?)

    Can't get it to work on the ATA. Any ideas anyone???

    Herman, Jan 3, 2007
  15. Herman wrote:

    >> Interesting. Just got the latest version of the softphone and indeed it
    >> is on there (but is a bit tardy sending the sms). I take it this will
    >> work through an ATA as well as their softphone (or do I need to add any
    >> configuration ?)

    > Can't get it to work on the ATA. Any ideas anyone???

    Nope.
    I set it up using softphone, but when you dial through an independant
    device the softphone stated you are logged in elsewhere and caller ID is
    not presented.

    Pah!

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Pet_=40_www=2Egymratz=2Eco=2Euk_, Jan 4, 2007
  16. cardiffITsupport.com

    andy Guest

    Herman wrote:
    > "Herman" <> wrote in message
    > > "andy" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > You can send a caller ID, but at the moment only mobile numbers can be
    > > validated for this (by receiving an sms)
    > >
    > > Interesting. Just got the latest version of the softphone and indeed it
    > > is on there (but is a bit tardy sending the sms). I take it this will
    > > work through an ATA as well as their softphone (or do I need to add any
    > > configuration ?)

    > Can't get it to work on the ATA. Any ideas anyone???

    I hadn't, as although I suggested it's there I haven't done it yet,
    neither do I have an ATA myself

    but I just read this on the Voipbuster forum, which might be
    interesting ...

    "Problem was, in the voipbuster PC application, I had the verified
    mobile number set as +316XXXXX. This works when using the PC, but not
    when using the SMC router ATA. I changed the setting in the voipbuster
    application to 00316XXXXX, redid the verification SMS bit, and now
    caller-id presentation also works on the SMC router ATA too! "

    Maybe ATAs can't do + as it's a GSM feature - could be worth a try with
    00 instead if you haven't already ...

    andy, Jan 4, 2007
  17. cardiffITsupport.com

    Herman Guest

    "andy" <> wrote in message

    > Herman wrote:
    >> "Herman" <> wrote in message
    >> > "andy" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > You can send a caller ID, but at the moment only mobile numbers can be
    >> > validated for this (by receiving an sms)
    >> >
    >> > Interesting. Just got the latest version of the softphone and indeed
    >> > it
    >> > is on there (but is a bit tardy sending the sms). I take it this will
    >> > work through an ATA as well as their softphone (or do I need to add any
    >> > configuration ?)

    >> Can't get it to work on the ATA. Any ideas anyone???

    > I hadn't, as although I suggested it's there I haven't done it yet,
    > neither do I have an ATA myself
    >
    > but I just read this on the Voipbuster forum, which might be
    > interesting ...
    >
    > "Problem was, in the voipbuster PC application, I had the verified
    > mobile number set as +316XXXXX. This works when using the PC, but not
    > when using the SMC router ATA. I changed the setting in the voipbuster
    > application to 00316XXXXX, redid the verification SMS bit, and now
    > caller-id presentation also works on the SMC router ATA too! "
    >
    > Maybe ATAs can't do + as it's a GSM feature - could be worth a try with
    > 00 instead if you haven't already ...

    Gave it a go but it wouldn't work. Guess it must just be a loophole that
    his router can exploit. Tried to look at the forum in case there were some
    other hints but you have to register to see it and voipcheap.com do not have
    a forum.

    Herman, Jan 4, 2007
  18. Thus spaketh Herman:
    > "andy" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Herman wrote:
    >>> "Herman" <> wrote in message

    >>> Can't get it to work on the ATA. Any ideas anyone???

    >> I hadn't, as although I suggested it's there I haven't done it yet,
    >> neither do I have an ATA myself
    >>
    >> but I just read this on the Voipbuster forum, which might be
    >> interesting ...
    >>
    >> "Problem was, in the voipbuster PC application, I had the verified
    >> mobile number set as +316XXXXX. This works when using the PC, but not
    >> when using the SMC router ATA. I changed the setting in the
    >> voipbuster application to 00316XXXXX, redid the verification SMS
    >> bit, and now caller-id presentation also works on the SMC router ATA
    >> too! " Maybe ATAs can't do + as it's a GSM feature - could be worth
    >> a try
    >> with 00 instead if you haven't already ...

    > Gave it a go but it wouldn't work. Guess it must just be a loophole
    > that his router can exploit. Tried to look at the forum in case
    > there were some other hints but you have to register to see it and
    > voipcheap.com do not have a forum.

    No that they don't, everyone just uses the VoIPBuster forum.

    On a Linksys / Sipura device:

    Use AuthID: yes
    Auth ID: Your Username
    User ID: Your verified phone number

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 4, 2007
  19. cardiffITsupport.com

    Herman Guest

    > Thus spaketh Herman:
    >> "andy" <> wrote in message

    >>> I hadn't, as although I suggested it's there I haven't done it yet,
    >>> neither do I have an ATA myself
    >>>
    >>> but I just read this on the Voipbuster forum, which might be
    >>> interesting ...
    >>>
    >>> "Problem was, in the voipbuster PC application, I had the verified
    >>> mobile number set as +316XXXXX. This works when using the PC, but not
    >>> when using the SMC router ATA. I changed the setting in the
    >>> voipbuster application to 00316XXXXX, redid the verification SMS
    >>> bit, and now caller-id presentation also works on the SMC router ATA
    >>> too! " Maybe ATAs can't do + as it's a GSM feature - could be worth a
    >>> try
    >>> with 00 instead if you haven't already ...

    >> Gave it a go but it wouldn't work. Guess it must just be a loophole
    >> that his router can exploit. Tried to look at the forum in case
    >> there were some other hints but you have to register to see it and
    >> voipcheap.com do not have a forum.

    > No that they don't, everyone just uses the VoIPBuster forum.
    >
    > On a Linksys / Sipura device:
    >
    > Use AuthID: yes
    > Auth ID: Your Username
    > User ID: Your verified phone number

    Yes I was trying to use the equivalent on a Fritzbox (Auth ID is called
    Internet Number). Selected "use internet number for registration", and
    tried to call my mobile - didn't work. However, it did work when I called
    my voip.co.uk number. I think it may work on calls to landline numbers but
    not to mobiles. I haven't got a BT/cable landline to check my theory.

    Herman, Jan 4, 2007
  20. cardiffITsupport.com

    Jono Guest

    Herman expressed precisely :

    >> On a Linksys / Sipura device:
    >>
    >> Use AuthID: yes
    >> Auth ID: Your Username
    >> User ID: Your verified phone number

    > Yes I was trying to use the equivalent on a Fritzbox (Auth ID is called
    > Internet Number). Selected "use internet number for registration", and tried
    > to call my mobile - didn't work. However, it did work when I called my
    > voip.co.uk number. I think it may work on calls to landline numbers but not
    > to mobiles. I haven't got a BT/cable landline to check my theory.

    ......are you using voipcheap.com....?

    WRT presentation number to mobiles - are you testing with Vodafone, by
    any chance?

    Jono, Jan 4, 2007