    If so, HOW CAN I KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER ??? :)

    (I thought that with Voipcheap, you didn't have any phone number ??)

    Thnanks for your help
    Stephane M, Oct 28, 2006

  2. Stephane M

    Graham Guest

    "Stephane M" <> wrote in message
    news:ehvvqu$jju$1$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have setup an account with VoipCheap and works fine..
    >
    > On my account, if I select 'VoipCheap software setting" I have :
    >
    > Change my VoipCheap password
    > Change my emailaddress
    > Change my VoipCheap user profile
    > Change my callforwarding details
    >
    > -> Call forwarding.... doesn't mean, that I can forward incoming phone
    > calls ?
    > If so, HOW CAN I KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER ??? :)
    >
    > (I thought that with Voipcheap, you didn't have any phone number ??)
    >
    > Thnanks for your help

    When I signed with voipcheap.co.uk they did give me a number
    and I still keep a few pence in the account so it works for incoming calls
    They stopped giving out numbers a few months ago.

    My outgoing calls go via voipcheap.com
    AFAIK they have never offered a number.
    I haven't used the call forwarding service, but I have no reason
    to believe it won't work.
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham, Oct 28, 2006

  3. Stephane M

    The Iceman Guest

    "Graham" <> wrote in message

    > "Stephane M" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have setup an account with VoipCheap and works fine..
    >>
    >> On my account, if I select 'VoipCheap software setting" I have :
    >>
    >> Change my VoipCheap password
    >> Change my emailaddress
    >> Change my VoipCheap user profile
    >> Change my callforwarding details
    >>
    >> -> Call forwarding.... doesn't mean, that I can forward incoming phone
    >> calls ?
    >> If so, HOW CAN I KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER ??? :)
    >>
    >> (I thought that with Voipcheap, you didn't have any phone number ??)
    >>
    >> Thnanks for your help

    > When I signed with voipcheap.co.uk they did give me a number
    > and I still keep a few pence in the account so it works for incoming calls
    > They stopped giving out numbers a few months ago.
    >
    > My outgoing calls go via voipcheap.com
    > AFAIK they have never offered a number.
    > I haven't used the call forwarding service, but I have no reason
    > to believe it won't work.
    > --
    >
    > Graham.
    > %Profound_observation%

    Yup, I've got a number too.

    Regards
    The Iceman
    The Iceman, Oct 28, 2006
  4. Stephane M

    Graham Guest

    > Yup, I've got a number too.

    I hope I can keep my voipcheap.co.uk number,
    even though no outgoing calls are now made.

    it is very memorable and begins 0161 700 from which
    most people would assume (correctly) that I was in North
    Manchester. The last 4 digits are also pretty memorable too.
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham, Oct 28, 2006
  5. "Stephane M" <> wrote in message

    > -> Call forwarding.... doesn't mean, that I can forward incoming phone
    > calls ?
    > If so, HOW CAN I KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER ??? :)

    This does not need a incoming phone number ...
    Call forwarding just means that all incoming calls are forwarded.
    In your case, as you do not have a Voip-in number, this just means that any
    calls you would receive on your PC (from your contacts using Voipcheap or
    any other Betamax client) will be forwarded.
    Advantage is that you can continue to receive calls, even if your PC is shut
    down
    The inconveniance is of course, you only can receive calls from other
    Betamax users
    Philippe Deleye, Oct 29, 2006