    would be grateful. I am conversant with computers, but am a total newcomer
    to voip.

    JohnT
    JohnT, Jul 29, 2005

  2. On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:16:06 +0100, "JohnT"
    <> wrote:

    >But Voipcheap is free for UK calls, but
    >I can't get it to work. If anyone could point me in the right direction I
    >would be grateful. I am conversant with computers, but am a total newcomer
    >to voip.

    how are you connecting ? firewalls can obstruct VoIP.

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !
    Phil Thompson, Jul 29, 2005

  3. JohnT

    Me Guest

    Sounds like it has to be a firewall issue to me

    Me

    Me, Jul 29, 2005

  4. > would be grateful. I am conversant with computers, but am a total newcomer
    > to voip.
    >
    > JohnT

    well perhaps you should try a more professional and all together moredecent
    and reliable outfit

    www.vonage.co.uk
    Stefan Kaniuk, Jul 29, 2005
  5. JohnT

    co.uk Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:38:04 GMT, "Stefan Kaniuk"
    <> wrote:

    >> would be grateful. I am conversant with computers, but am a total newcomer
    >> to voip.
    >>
    >> JohnT
    >>

    >well perhaps you should try a more professional and all together moredecent
    >and reliable outfit
    >
    >www.vonage.co.uk

    Stefen YOU are starting to get has bad with your continual going on
    about Vonage has Ivor is/was regarding Sipgate for Gods sake give it a
    flaming rest .
    co.uk, Jul 29, 2005
  6. In message <wyoGe.7654$>, Stefan Kaniuk
    <> writes

    >> would be grateful. I am conversant with computers, but am a total newcomer
    >> to voip.
    >>
    >> JohnT
    >>

    >well perhaps you should try a more professional and all together moredecent
    >and reliable outfit
    >
    >www.vonage.co.uk

    Maybe, but VoIPCheap "seems" to offer some free calls, (see my query
    elsewhere in this newsgroup).
    --
    Derrick Fawsitt
    Derrick Fawsitt, Jul 29, 2005
  7. JohnT

    Al Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:38:04 GMT, Stefan Kaniuk wrote:

    >well perhaps you should try a more professional and all together moredecent
    >and reliable outfit

    By "more professional" I assume you mean "more expensive". What
    evidence you have in support of your assertion that the service you
    are advertising is "more decent and more reliable"? Or is it just that
    you have some payback from advertising it?
    Al, Jul 29, 2005
  8. JohnT

    co.uk Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:24:20 +0100, Derrick Fawsitt
    <> wrote:

    >In message <wyoGe.7654$>, Stefan Kaniuk
    ><> writes
    >>
    >>> would be grateful. I am conversant with computers, but am a total newcomer
    >>> to voip.
    >>>
    >>> JohnT
    >>>

    >>well perhaps you should try a more professional and all together moredecent
    >>and reliable outfit
    >>
    >>www.vonage.co.uk
    >>

    >Maybe, but VoIPCheap "seems" to offer some free calls, (see my query
    >elsewhere in this newsgroup).

    Vonage offer has many free calls has you want to the UK and Ireland
    and the USA till the end of the month all you pay is 9.99 subscription
    pr month .
    co.uk, Jul 29, 2005
  9. JohnT

    co.uk Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:56:17 +0100, Al <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:38:04 GMT, Stefan Kaniuk wrote:
    >
    >>well perhaps you should try a more professional and all together moredecent
    >>and reliable outfit

    >By "more professional" I assume you mean "more expensive". What
    >evidence you have in support of your assertion that the service you
    >are advertising is "more decent and more reliable"? Or is it just that
    >you have some payback from advertising it?

    I don't get any payback from advertising Vonage but I do back up all
    Stefan has to say about Vonage they are the BEST around at the moment
    with Voipfone running a close second with Sipgate not even in the
    frame.
    co.uk, Jul 29, 2005
  10. JohnT

    Al Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:17:07 +0100, co.uk wrote:

    >I don't get any payback from advertising Vonage but I do back up all
    >Stefan has to say about Vonage they are the BEST around at the moment
    >with Voipfone running a close second with Sipgate not even in the
    >frame.

    What has Sipgate got to do with this thread? Read the subject
    "Voipcheap problem - please help a newbie.". What evidence do you have
    that Vonage offers a better deal than Voipcheap? I suggest you're
    making it all up.
    Al, Jul 29, 2005
  11. JohnT

    co.uk Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:06:58 +0100, Al <> wrote:

    >What evidence do you have
    >that Vonage offers a better deal than Voipcheap? I suggest you're
    >making it all up.

    Get an account with Vonage then you will know Vonage offers a better
    deal. Do you get voicemail with cheapskate NO do you get an incoming
    number with cheapskate NO do you get to divert the number you haven't
    got for free NO do you get perfect audio with cheapskate NO in fact
    you get absolutely bugger all with cheapskate has with the rest of the
    other names this no good company operates under .
    co.uk, Jul 29, 2005
  12. JohnT

    Al Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:19:03 +0100, co.uk wrote:

    >On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:06:58 +0100, Al <> wrote:
    >
    >>What evidence do you have
    >>that Vonage offers a better deal than Voipcheap? I suggest you're
    >>making it all up.

    >Get an account with Vonage then you will know Vonage offers a better
    >deal.

    I don't want to be ripped off for £9.99 a month when I can get
    unlimited calls for 1€. Even if it was £1, it would be a massive
    bargain compared your overpriced bunch.

    > Do you get voicemail with cheapskate NO do you get an incoming
    >number with cheapskate NO do you get to divert the number you haven't
    >got for free NO

    I don't need any of those and certainly wouldn't pay £9.99/ month for
    it.

    >do you get perfect audio with cheapskate NO

    Rubbish. Audio is acceptable. What evidence that your bunch offer
    PERFECT audio - have you independent tests to prove it?

    >in fact
    >you get absolutely bugger all with cheapskate has with the rest of the
    >other names this no good company operates under .

    Sounds defamatory.
    Al, Jul 29, 2005
  13. JohnT

    co.uk Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:27:11 +0100, Al <> wrote:

    >I don't need any of those and certainly wouldn't pay £9.99/ month for
    >it.

    But yet you probably pay BT or telewest over ten pounds a month just
    for line rental .

    >Rubbish. Audio is acceptable. What evidence that your bunch offer
    >PERFECT audio - have you independent tests to prove it?

    I don't think it is I gave it a go last night and they won't be
    getting a pound out of me for that crap .
    >>in fact
    >>you get absolutely bugger all with cheapskate has with the rest of the
    >>other names this no good company operates under .

    >Sounds defamatory.

    May be but it is true I got an email two days ago from 18866 saying
    they couldn't collect 2.70 by DD from my bank I have a statement here
    showing 2.70 paid to Connect telecom on the 12th of July by DD .
    co.uk, Jul 30, 2005
  14. JohnT

    Martin² Guest

    Dexter:
    >Vonage offer has many free calls has you want to the UK and Ireland
    >and the USA till the end of the month all you pay is 9.99 subscription
    >pr month .

    £9.99 per month is FAR FROM FREE !!!

    Voipbuster for 1 Euro for past few months is as close to FREE as you likely
    to get.
    OK it isn't perfect, but the price IS. Voipcheap is the same co. so it
    should be too.
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Jul 30, 2005
  15. JohnT

    Al Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:16:13 +0100, co.uk wrote:

    >May be but it is true I got an email two days ago from 18866 saying
    >they couldn't collect 2.70 by DD from my bank I have a statement here
    >showing 2.70 paid to Connect telecom on the 12th of July by DD .

    What's that got to do with this thread?
    Al, Jul 30, 2005
  16. JohnT

    co.uk Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:57:19 +0100, Al <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:16:13 +0100, co.uk wrote:
    >
    >>May be but it is true I got an email two days ago from 18866 saying
    >>they couldn't collect 2.70 by DD from my bank I have a statement here
    >>showing 2.70 paid to Connect telecom on the 12th of July by DD .

    >What's that got to do with this thread?

    18866 are the scum bags that also operate cheapskate and other
    companies .
    co.uk, Jul 30, 2005
  17. Thus spaketh co.uk:
    > On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:57:19 +0100, Al <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:16:13 +0100, co.uk wrote:
    >>
    >>> May be but it is true I got an email two days ago from 18866 saying
    >>> they couldn't collect 2.70 by DD from my bank I have a statement
    >>> here showing 2.70 paid to Connect telecom on the 12th of July by DD
    >>> .

    >> What's that got to do with this thread?

    > 18866 are the scum bags that also operate cheapskate and other
    > companies .

    Hmm, "Whatever" seems to be a good phrase to use on that reply.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 30, 2005