    inclusion of the words "per unique IP address" in the Freecalls T&Cs? Any
    ideas?

    --
    Herman, Mar 27, 2007

  2. Herman

    Jono Guest

    Herman wrote on 27/03/2007 :
    > I am using vc com mainly through my ATA, but for routing of some calls via
    > Voxalot (so I can change the dialstring). Although Voxalot doesn't register
    > with VC I have always been able to place outbound calls this way. However
    > this doesn't seem to work now.
    >
    > Is anyone else having these issues? Is it linked to VC com's recent
    > inclusion of the words "per unique IP address" in the Freecalls T&Cs? Any
    > ideas?

    Oh bugger!

    Not tested your theory, however, I suspect my Mum will be ringing me
    shortly.....
    Jono, Mar 27, 2007

  3. Herman

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:38:53 +0100, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >Herman wrote on 27/03/2007 :
    >> I am using vc com mainly through my ATA, but for routing of some calls via
    >> Voxalot (so I can change the dialstring). Although Voxalot doesn't register
    >> with VC I have always been able to place outbound calls this way. However
    >> this doesn't seem to work now.
    >>
    >> Is anyone else having these issues? Is it linked to VC com's recent
    >> inclusion of the words "per unique IP address" in the Freecalls T&Cs? Any
    >> ideas?

    >Oh bugger!
    >
    >Not tested your theory, however, I suspect my Mum will be ringing me
    >shortly.....

    I've just read this "per unique IP address" and it seems bonkers to
    me. Lots of people have dynamic IP addresses. I am amazed that VC are
    so ignorant of this.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Mar 27, 2007
  4. Herman

    Herman Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:38:53 +0100, Jono <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Herman wrote on 27/03/2007 :
    >>> I am using vc com mainly through my ATA, but for routing of some calls
    >>> via
    >>> Voxalot (so I can change the dialstring). Although Voxalot doesn't
    >>> register
    >>> with VC I have always been able to place outbound calls this way.
    >>> However
    >>> this doesn't seem to work now.
    >>>
    >>> Is anyone else having these issues? Is it linked to VC com's recent
    >>> inclusion of the words "per unique IP address" in the Freecalls T&Cs?
    >>> Any
    >>> ideas?

    >>Oh bugger!
    >>
    >>Not tested your theory, however, I suspect my Mum will be ringing me
    >>shortly.....
    >>

    > I've just read this "per unique IP address" and it seems bonkers to
    > me. Lots of people have dynamic IP addresses. I am amazed that VC are
    > so ignorant of this.

    I guess the workaround, if this is indeed the problem, is to register only
    through Voxalot. Assuming they support forking, you could have multiple
    end-users.

    Of course it could just be something to do with my set-up, or that vc has
    blocked calls from Voxalot.
    Herman, Mar 27, 2007
  5. Herman

    andy Guest

    On Mar 27, 9:14 pm, "Herman" <>
    wrote:
    > "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    > > On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:38:53 +0100, Jono <>
    > > wrote:

    > >>Oh bugger!

    > >>Not tested your theory, however, I suspect my Mum will be ringing me
    > >>shortly.....

    > > I've just read this "per unique IP address" and it seems bonkers to
    > > me. Lots of people have dynamic IP addresses. I am amazed that VC are
    > > so ignorant of this.

    > I guess the workaround, if this is indeed the problem, is to register only
    > through Voxalot. Assuming they support forking, you could have multiple
    > end-users.
    >
    > Of course it could just be something to do with my set-up, or that vc has
    > blocked calls from Voxalot.- Hide quoted text -

    It is apparent blocking from Betamax on Voxalot accounts, since about
    two weeks ago.

    There are threads on Voxalot and Voipbuster forums about it

    For the moment, it may be possible to work around by using one of the
    US Voxalot servers, but perhaps it will only be a matter of time.

    Betamax have it wrong of course, as all the Voxalot accounts will be
    in different names, from different countries and continents, with
    payment details that confirm these separate IDs. It looks like their
    abuse detection algorithms could be improved a lot.

    Plenty of people have emailed Betamax about this, but you know how
    much response usually comes from there. But add your remarks too.

    It isn't promising though - pbxes was blocked nearly a year ago, and I
    read someone earlier worrying that this could eventually happen with
    Fring as well, which has supported SIP since its latest version a week
    or two ago.
    andy, Mar 27, 2007