    If i use their software to make a call, CLID is ok. If i then use my SIP
    device the CLID is witheld again.
    Any suggestions??

    TheDragon, Dec 19, 2009

  2. TheDragon

    Graham. Guest

    > Hi all,
    > Does anyone know how to get CLID to work properly on VoipCheap.com using a Draytek 2820.
    >
    > I have verified the number for CLID no problem there.
    >
    > If i use their software to make a call, CLID is ok. If i then use my SIP device the CLID is witheld again.
    > Any suggestions??

    I don't know the device, but here is an extract from the manual
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44502650@N07/4198008250/
    I suggest you try the CLI in the account number/name field probebly in 0044 or +44 format

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 19, 2009

  3. TheDragon

    TheDragon Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    >> Hi all,
    >> Does anyone know how to get CLID to work properly on VoipCheap.com using
    >> a Draytek 2820.
    >>
    >> I have verified the number for CLID no problem there.
    >>
    >> If i use their software to make a call, CLID is ok. If i then use my SIP
    >> device the CLID is witheld again.
    >> Any suggestions??

    > I don't know the device, but here is an extract from the manual
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/44502650@N07/4198008250/
    > I suggest you try the CLI in the account number/name field probebly in
    > 0044 or +44 format
    >
    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Thanks already done that. Display name is +441225xxxxxx exactly the same as
    the verified number in VoipCheap. I would email them, but they never ever
    reply to email's

    Not essential but annoying

    TheDragon, Dec 20, 2009
  4. TheDragon

    Paulg0 Guest

    "TheDragon" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks already done that. Display name is +441225xxxxxx exactly the same
    > as the verified number in VoipCheap. I would email them, but they never
    > ever reply to email's

    Have you tried 0044225xxxxxx. Thats the format that works for me. One other
    way to try (which I was advised to use on PBXs.org) which seems to work is:

    Username: 0044225xxxxxx
    Password: yourpassword:yourusername (just in case your eyes are as bad as
    mine) There is a colon between the d and y

    Paul

    Paulg0, Dec 20, 2009
  5. TheDragon

    Graham. Guest

    "TheDragon" <> wrote in message news:...

    > "Graham." <> wrote in message news:hgj58v$2qa$-september.org...
    >>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> Does anyone know how to get CLID to work properly on VoipCheap.com using a Draytek 2820.
    >>>
    >>> I have verified the number for CLID no problem there.
    >>>
    >>> If i use their software to make a call, CLID is ok. If i then use my SIP device the CLID is witheld again.
    >>> Any suggestions??

    >> I don't know the device, but here is an extract from the manual
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/44502650@N07/4198008250/
    >> I suggest you try the CLI in the account number/name field probebly in 0044 or +44 format
    >>
    >> --
    >> Graham.
    >>
    >> %Profound_observation%

    > Thanks already done that. Display name is +441225xxxxxx exactly the same as the verified number in VoipCheap. I would email them,
    > but they never ever reply to email's
    >
    > Not essential but annoying

    Yes but I didn't mention Display name.
    What have you got in the account number/name field?
    I am thinking that authentication ID = voipcheap account ID
    and Account number/ name = CLI
    That might sound counter intuitive, but in the popular x-lite softphone,
    Authorization username = SIP provider username
    and User name = CLI.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Dec 20, 2009
  6. TheDragon

    TheDragon Guest

    Apologies. Yes I understand now.

    Have +441225xxxxxx in Display name and now also in Account Name with
    VoipCheap accound ID in authentication ID. Previous account and
    authentication ID were the Same.

    Perfect it now works. CLID is now presented

    THANKS THANKS

    TheDragon, Dec 20, 2009