    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Marty

    Marty C, Aug 13, 2006

  2. Marty C

    paul123 Guest

    Marty C wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just changed my existing ADSL voip router for a Draytek 2800VG and
    > made a couple for long calls using voipcheap.co.uk. On both, the call was
    > terminated after exactly 60 minutes. I have never had this before, but then
    > looking back at the calls log, I have never made a voip call of this length
    > before either.
    >
    > So the question is, does voipcheap.co.uk force a re-dial after 60 minutes or
    > is it the router? My guess is that it's voipcheap.co.uk, but I can find no
    > mention of it on the website or Google.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Marty

    I seem to recall reading somewhere on the voipbuster forums about a
    year ago that this was an intentional "security" measure in case a user
    hasn't hung up correctly and so avoiding costly charges to customers.
    So, I suspect it's a voipcheap issue as they are part of the same
    family.

    paul123, Aug 13, 2006

  3. Marty C

    Graham Guest

    "Marty C" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just changed my existing ADSL voip router for a Draytek 2800VG and
    > made a couple for long calls using voipcheap.co.uk. On both, the call was
    > terminated after exactly 60 minutes. I have never had this before, but
    > then looking back at the calls log, I have never made a voip call of this
    > length before either.
    >
    > So the question is, does voipcheap.co.uk force a re-dial after 60 minutes
    > or is it the router? My guess is that it's voipcheap.co.uk, but I can find
    > no mention of it on the website or Google.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Marty

    I noticed the same thing a couple of months ago.
    I meant to post a comment here but I forgot.

    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Aug 13, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh Graham:
    > "Marty C" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have just changed my existing ADSL voip router for a Draytek
    >> 2800VG and made a couple for long calls using voipcheap.co.uk. On
    >> both, the call was terminated after exactly 60 minutes. I have never
    >> had this before, but then looking back at the calls log, I have
    >> never made a voip call of this length before either.
    >>
    >> So the question is, does voipcheap.co.uk force a re-dial after 60
    >> minutes or is it the router? My guess is that it's voipcheap.co.uk,
    >> but I can find no mention of it on the website or Google.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Marty

    > I noticed the same thing a couple of months ago.
    > I meant to post a comment here but I forgot.

    I know they used to, I've been using VoIP Stunt for sometime instead,
    but when they switched to only giving you so many minutes each week away
    free I have managed to pass the 60 minute mark without being cut off,
    today I was on for 72 mins no problem, wonder if they will no be
    implementing the 60 min cut off again on all?

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 14, 2006
  5. Recently, Marty C popped out over the fence
    around uk.telecom.voip and said...
    |Hi,
    |
    |I have just changed my existing ADSL voip router for a Draytek 2800VG and
    |made a couple for long calls using voipcheap.co.uk. On both, the call was
    |terminated after exactly 60 minutes. I have never had this before, but then
    |looking back at the calls log, I have never made a voip call of this length
    |before either.
    |
    |So the question is, does voipcheap.co.uk force a re-dial after 60 minutes or
    |is it the router? My guess is that it's voipcheap.co.uk, but I can find no
    |mention of it on the website or Google.
    |
    |Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    |
    |Thanks.
    |
    |Marty

    It's probably the Draytek re-registering, confusing the whole lot.
    Usually any VoIP device re-registers itself with the provider(s) every X
    minutes or Y seconds: look for a 60 or a 3600 value somewhere around the
    registration values, fiddle with it and test.
    Normally a re-registration while a call is in place should NOT be done,
    as it is out of place in the normal SIP flow. Some ATAs do, with
    unpredictable results from both sides (ATA and VoIP server).
    Let us know the outcome, pls.

    --
    ßødincµs²°°° - The Y2K Druid

    ßødincµs²°°°, Aug 15, 2006
  6. Marty C

    pbscott Guest

    Have you tried draytel.org. Works very well with draytek router, and no
    mlimit as far as I am aware

    pbscott, Aug 15, 2006