    Any touhts ?
    rgds
    Philippe

    Philippe Deleye, Sep 18, 2007

  2. Philippe Deleye

    Herman Guest

    In UK, BT block all international CLI and present it as "International" (the
    theory being that they can't validate it). As a lot of the vc.com calls are
    "bounced" to a third country a lot of the time, this happens a lot.

    I guess if it only tends to happen with one inbound provider (and not on
    mobiles for example) then I would tend to suspect an issue with a carrier
    downstream.

    Herman, Sep 18, 2007

  3. Philippe Deleye

    Graham. Guest

    > I'm using the FritzBox with Voipcheap for outgoing calls
    > I have registered my landline caller-id (format 003256xxxx) with Voipcheap
    > client.
    > This worked for many months now ....
    > But recently, many - not all - outgoing calls are not coming with the
    > caller-id presented
    >
    > Checked with another user in Belgium - he has the same problem.
    >
    > Anybody else having the same issues ?
    >
    > I can only see 2 reasons:
    > * or a problem (temporarely I hope) at Voipcheap
    > * or the Belgian Telephone Company (Belgacom) does not like calls from
    > outside their network with a Belgian caller-id, and intercepts these
    > calls.
    > I would suspect the latter, if users outside Belgium are not experiencing
    > the same issues....
    >
    > Any touhts ?
    > rgds
    > Philippe

    ..com or dot.co.uk?

    I set up my voipcheap.com line to send my landline
    number, but I only did it 6 days ago, after seeing a post
    about it here. I am using a Linksys PAP2 but
    accessing my providers via Voxalot, so I needed to
    put the "authorised" CLI in the Voxalot "from user"
    setting. It seems to work 100% of the time to
    BT lines, Vodaphone (UK) and Orange (UK).

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Sep 18, 2007
  4. "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > .com or dot.co.uk?

    Voipcheap.com

    Philippe Deleye, Sep 18, 2007
  5. Philippe Deleye

    Sinna Guest

    Philippe Deleye wrote:
    > I'm using the FritzBox with Voipcheap for outgoing calls
    > I have registered my landline caller-id (format 003256xxxx) with Voipcheap
    > client.
    > This worked for many months now ....

    I suggest you try to verify your land-line phone number again. I did
    recently to enable CallerID on my Linksys SPA 3102 and it works like a
    charm.

    > But recently, many - not all - outgoing calls are not coming with the
    > caller-id presented
    >
    > Checked with another user in Belgium - he has the same problem.
    >
    > Anybody else having the same issues ?

    No

    > I can only see 2 reasons:
    > * or a problem (temporarely I hope) at Voipcheap

    Doesn't seem to be as my land-line number appears correctly.
    > * or the Belgian Telephone Company (Belgacom) does not like calls from
    > outside their network with a Belgian caller-id, and intercepts these calls.

    Nope, as I'm also a Belgian citizen.
    > I would suspect the latter, if users outside Belgium are not experiencing
    > the same issues....
    >
    > Any touhts ?
    > rgds
    > Philippe

    Sinna

    Sinna, Sep 19, 2007
  6. Philippe Deleye

    alexd Guest

    Herman wrote:

    > In UK, BT block all international CLI and present it as "International"
    > (the theory being that they can't validate it).

    Interesting. The BT PRI we use at work regularly displays CallerID numbers
    for calls from the US, Gibraltar and Singapore.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    09:03:51 up 63 days, 14:50, 2 users, load average: 0.13, 0.19, 0.18

    alexd, Sep 19, 2007
  7. Philippe Deleye

    TheDragon Guest

    Not at all. I have an international line. When I ring friends on it the
    number comes up as 00xxx xxxxxxx etc etc. Same as my mobile if i ring the uk
    on that, the CLID is presented with no issues.

    If the number is withheld, and international you get the symptoms your
    describing.

    TheDragon, Sep 19, 2007
  8. Philippe Deleye

    Oldie Guest

    In article <>,
    Sinna <> wrote:

    > Philippe Deleye wrote:
    > > I'm using the FritzBox with Voipcheap for outgoing calls
    > > I have registered my landline caller-id (format 003256xxxx) with Voipcheap
    > > client.
    > > This worked for many months now ....

    > I suggest you try to verify your land-line phone number again. I did
    > recently to enable CallerID on my Linksys SPA 3102 and it works like a
    > charm.

    I can confirm this. I had the same problem with Voipdiscount and when I
    checked the client the verifications had gone. I re-verified and now
    Caller ID now works well from my ATA and also via Voxalot. Seems as if
    you to have to check it regularly.

    I haven't worked out the timing but it could be related to the top-up.
    When you think about it there is a logic in it because you could well
    have moved and lost your true number at some stage. Would be nice to
    have a reminder though.

    Oldie

    Oldie, Sep 19, 2007
  9. Philippe Deleye

    Sinna Guest

    Oldie wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Sinna <> wrote:
    >
    >> Philippe Deleye wrote:
    >>> I'm using the FritzBox with Voipcheap for outgoing calls
    >>> I have registered my landline caller-id (format 003256xxxx) with Voipcheap
    >>> client.
    >>> This worked for many months now ....

    >> I suggest you try to verify your land-line phone number again. I did
    >> recently to enable CallerID on my Linksys SPA 3102 and it works like a
    >> charm.

    > I can confirm this. I had the same problem with Voipdiscount and when I
    > checked the client the verifications had gone. I re-verified and now
    > Caller ID now works well from my ATA and also via Voxalot. Seems as if
    > you to have to check it regularly.
    >
    > I haven't worked out the timing but it could be related to the top-up.
    > When you think about it there is a logic in it because you could well
    > have moved and lost your true number at some stage. Would be nice to
    > have a reminder though.
    >
    > Oldie

    Perhaps you post a message in their forum suggesting this reminder.
    Would be very helpful sometimes.
    In the meanwhile getting a notification of running out of credit would
    be welcome too, especially if you're using their service with a
    SIP-enabled device instead of their client.

    Sinna

    Sinna, Sep 20, 2007
  10. Philippe Deleye

    Herman Guest

    "TheDragon" <> wrote in message

    > Not at all. I have an international line. When I ring friends on it the
    > number comes up as 00xxx xxxxxxx etc etc. Same as my mobile if i ring the
    > uk on that, the CLID is presented with no issues.
    >
    > If the number is withheld, and international you get the symptoms your
    > describing.

    calls out using VC work fine with mobiles but not on BT (often shows as
    international).

    I guess it could be the fact that it is sent as a presentation number then?

    Herman, Sep 20, 2007
  11. Philippe Deleye

    TheFug Guest

    Sinna schreef:
    > I suggest you try to verify your land-line phone number again. I did
    > recently to enable CallerID on my Linksys SPA 3102 and it works like a
    > charm.

    How did you set these settings ? i too have a SPA3102, and also
    registerd my own phonenumber on cheap & buster

    --
    The Fug.

    TheFug, Sep 27, 2007
  12. Philippe Deleye

    Sinna Guest

    TheFug wrote:
    > Sinna schreef:
    > > I suggest you try to verify your land-line phone number again. I did
    >> recently to enable CallerID on my Linksys SPA 3102 and it works like a
    >> charm.
    >>

    > How did you set these settings ? i too have a SPA3102, and also
    > registerd my own phonenumber on cheap & buster

    Step-by-step guide: ;)
    - Log in as Administrator
    - Switch to Voice Line 1 tab
    - Enter something in the 'Display Name' field (it doesn't matter, I
    didn't figure out where it's displayed anyhow/anyway)
    - Enter your phone-number in the 'User ID' field in the
    +32xxxxxxxx-format (32 is Belgium)
    - Enter your password in the 'Password' field (obvious)
    - Set 'Use Auth ID' to 'yes'
    - Enter your VoipCheap/VoipBuster UserID in the 'Auth ID' field
    - apply the changes, let the gateway reboot and start calling.
    - you can verify it by calling yourself on your cellphone.

    Note that I verified my phonenumber also in the +32xxxxxxxx-format.
    Perhaps it's related to each other, but I'm not sure.

    Hope this helps,

    Sinna

    Sinna, Sep 28, 2007
  13. Philippe Deleye

    TheFug Guest

    Sinna schreef:
    > TheFug wrote:
    >> Sinna schreef:
    >> > I suggest you try to verify your land-line phone number again. I did
    >>> recently to enable CallerID on my Linksys SPA 3102 and it works like
    >>> a charm.
    >>>

    >> How did you set these settings ? i too have a SPA3102, and also
    >> registerd my own phonenumber on cheap & buster
    >>

    > Step-by-step guide: ;)
    > - Log in as Administrator
    > - Switch to Voice Line 1 tab
    > - Enter something in the 'Display Name' field (it doesn't matter, I
    > didn't figure out where it's displayed anyhow/anyway)
    > - Enter your phone-number in the 'User ID' field in the
    > +32xxxxxxxx-format (32 is Belgium)
    > - Enter your password in the 'Password' field (obvious)
    > - Set 'Use Auth ID' to 'yes'
    > - Enter your VoipCheap/VoipBuster UserID in the 'Auth ID' field
    > - apply the changes, let the gateway reboot and start calling.
    > - you can verify it by calling yourself on your cellphone.
    >
    > Note that I verified my phonenumber also in the +32xxxxxxxx-format.
    > Perhaps it's related to each other, but I'm not sure.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > Sinna

    Thankyou, Sinna, that's a very clear discription, thus, if it still
    doesn't work for me this way, I'm not the blame, and some "power"
    greater than me, is the blame...
    That saves me looking further for it, i guess.
    Yes, I registered/verified it in the +31xxxxxxxxx format, all subscriber
    phone numbers have (also) a 10 digit number format, here in the
    Netherlands.
    Did you change anything in Regional, like: Caller ID, Feature Invocatio,
    method, or Caller ID FSK Standard ?
    But i guess these settings could differ per country.....

    --
    The Fug.

    TheFug, Sep 28, 2007
  14. Philippe Deleye

    Jono Guest

    Sinna presented the following explanation :
    > TheFug wrote:
    >> Sinna schreef:
    >> > I suggest you try to verify your land-line phone number again. I did
    >>> recently to enable CallerID on my Linksys SPA 3102 and it works like a
    >>> charm.
    >>>

    >> How did you set these settings ? i too have a SPA3102, and also registerd
    >> my own phonenumber on cheap & buster
    >>

    > Step-by-step guide: ;)
    > - Log in as Administrator
    > - Switch to Voice Line 1 tab
    > - Enter something in the 'Display Name' field (it doesn't matter, I didn't
    > figure out where it's displayed anyhow/anyway)
    > - Enter your phone-number in the 'User ID' field in the +32xxxxxxxx-format
    > (32 is Belgium)
    > - Enter your password in the 'Password' field (obvious)
    > - Set 'Use Auth ID' to 'yes'
    > - Enter your VoipCheap/VoipBuster UserID in the 'Auth ID' field
    > - apply the changes, let the gateway reboot and start calling.
    > - you can verify it by calling yourself on your cellphone.
    >
    > Note that I verified my phonenumber also in the +32xxxxxxxx-format. Perhaps
    > it's related to each other, but I'm not sure.

    Very concise, thanks.

    Any idea how to achieve the same when using @gw1 ?

    Jono, Sep 28, 2007
  15. Philippe Deleye

    TheFug Guest

    Sinna schreef:
    > TheFug wrote:
    >> Sinna schreef:
    >> > I suggest you try to verify your land-line phone number again. I did
    >>> recently to enable CallerID on my Linksys SPA 3102 and it works like
    >>> a charm.
    >>>

    >> How did you set these settings ? i too have a SPA3102, and also
    >> registerd my own phonenumber on cheap & buster
    >>

    > Step-by-step guide: ;)
    > - Log in as Administrator
    > - Switch to Voice Line 1 tab
    > - Enter something in the 'Display Name' field (it doesn't matter, I
    > didn't figure out where it's displayed anyhow/anyway)
    > - Enter your phone-number in the 'User ID' field in the
    > +32xxxxxxxx-format (32 is Belgium)
    > - Enter your password in the 'Password' field (obvious)
    > - Set 'Use Auth ID' to 'yes'
    > - Enter your VoipCheap/VoipBuster UserID in the 'Auth ID' field
    > - apply the changes, let the gateway reboot and start calling.
    > - you can verify it by calling yourself on your cellphone.
    >
    > Note that I verified my phonenumber also in the +32xxxxxxxx-format.
    > Perhaps it's related to each other, but I'm not sure.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > Sinna

    Yes ! it works ! Thankyou veeeeeeery much !

    --
    The Fug.

    TheFug, Sep 28, 2007
  16. Philippe Deleye

    TheFug Guest

    TheFug schreef:
    > Sinna schreef:
    >> TheFug wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> How did you set these settings ? i too have a SPA3102, and also
    >>> registerd my own phonenumber on cheap & buster
    >>>

    >> Step-by-step guide: ;)
    >> - Log in as Administrator
    >> - Switch to Voice Line 1 tab
    >> - Enter something in the 'Display Name' field (it doesn't matter, I
    >> didn't figure out where it's displayed anyhow/anyway)
    >> - Enter your phone-number in the 'User ID' field in the
    >> +32xxxxxxxx-format (32 is Belgium)
    >> - Enter your password in the 'Password' field (obvious)
    >> - Set 'Use Auth ID' to 'yes'
    >> - Enter your VoipCheap/VoipBuster UserID in the 'Auth ID' field
    >> - apply the changes, let the gateway reboot and start calling.
    >> - you can verify it by calling yourself on your cellphone.
    >>
    >> Note that I verified my phonenumber also in the +32xxxxxxxx-format.
    >> Perhaps it's related to each other, but I'm not sure.
    >>
    >> Hope this helps,
    >>
    >> Sinna

    > Thankyou, Sinna, that's a very clear discription, thus, if it still
    > doesn't work for me this way, I'm not the blame, and some "power"
    > greater than me, is the blame...
    > That saves me looking further for it, i guess.
    > Yes, I registered/verified it in the +31xxxxxxxxx format, all subscriber
    > phone numbers have (also) a 10 digit number format, here in the
    > Netherlands.
    > Did you change anything in Regional, like: Caller ID, Feature Invocatio,
    > method, or Caller ID FSK Standard ?
    > But i guess these settings could differ per country.....

    That last question isn't important anymore.... because it now.....works !
    Thank you again Sinna ! CID (out) works perfect !

    --
    The Fug.

    TheFug, Sep 28, 2007
  17. Philippe Deleye

    TheFug Guest

    Jono schreef:
    > Sinna presented the following explanation :
    >> TheFug wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> How did you set these settings ? i too have a SPA3102, and also
    >>> registerd my own phonenumber on cheap & buster
    >>>

    >> Step-by-step guide: ;)
    >> - Log in as Administrator
    >> - Switch to Voice Line 1 tab
    >> - Enter something in the 'Display Name' field (it doesn't matter, I
    >> didn't figure out where it's displayed anyhow/anyway)
    >> - Enter your phone-number in the 'User ID' field in the
    >> +32xxxxxxxx-format (32 is Belgium)
    >> - Enter your password in the 'Password' field (obvious)
    >> - Set 'Use Auth ID' to 'yes'
    >> - Enter your VoipCheap/VoipBuster UserID in the 'Auth ID' field
    >> - apply the changes, let the gateway reboot and start calling.
    >> - you can verify it by calling yourself on your cellphone.
    >>
    >> Note that I verified my phonenumber also in the +32xxxxxxxx-format.
    >> Perhaps it's related to each other, but I'm not sure.

    > Very concise, thanks.
    >
    > Any idea how to achieve the same when using @gw1 ?

    It works for me on GW1 !

    --
    The Fug.

    TheFug, Sep 28, 2007
  18. Philippe Deleye

    Jono Guest

    TheFug explained on 28/09/2007 :

    >> Any idea how to achieve the same when using @gw1 ?
    >>

    > It works for me on GW1 !

    Oh.

    I have no problem getting it to work on the Line 1 VoIP account,
    however, no matter what I try, on the gateway account it doesn't work.

    On the gateway section, there is only space for Auth ID & Password, no
    User ID field to enter the number.......so I am surprised you've got it
    working.......unless, when you said you had it working on gw1, you
    actually meant Line 1

    Jono, Sep 28, 2007
  19. Philippe Deleye

    TheFug Guest

    Jono schreef:
    > TheFug explained on 28/09/2007 :
    >

    >>> Any idea how to achieve the same when using @gw1 ?
    >>>

    >> It works for me on GW1 !

    > Oh.
    >
    > I have no problem getting it to work on the Line 1 VoIP account,
    > however, no matter what I try, on the gateway account it doesn't work.
    >
    > On the gateway section, there is only space for Auth ID & Password, no
    > User ID field to enter the number.......so I am surprised you've got it
    > working.......unless, when you said you had it working on gw1, you
    > actually meant Line 1

    You're logged into the SPA3102 as admin and advanced ?
    you have to login 1st as "user" then again as "admin"
    then click on "advanced" and on the tab LINE1 at the bottom, you should
    see these settings.

    --
    The Fug.

    TheFug, Sep 28, 2007
  20. Philippe Deleye

    TheFug Guest

    Jono schreef:
    > TheFug explained on 28/09/2007 :
    >

    >>> Any idea how to achieve the same when using @gw1 ?
    >>>

    >> It works for me on GW1 !

    > Oh.
    >
    > I have no problem getting it to work on the Line 1 VoIP account,
    > however, no matter what I try, on the gateway account it doesn't work.
    >
    > On the gateway section, there is only space for Auth ID & Password, no
    > User ID field to enter the number.......so I am surprised you've got it
    > working.......unless, when you said you had it working on gw1, you
    > actually meant Line 1

    Sorry, my previous post is incorrect !
    You should only do this "trick" in the section "Subscriber Information"
    UserID: +31xxxxxxxxx (LINE1 tab)
    The settings at the bottom, should be normal..

    --
    The Fug.

    TheFug, Sep 28, 2007