VoIPCheap adds more free destinations!

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 30, 2005.

  1. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 30, 2005

  2. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > VoIPCheap adds more free destinations!

    Try again!!!:

    Australia
    Austria
    Belgium
    China
    France
    Hungary
    Ireland
    Japan
    Netherlands
    Poland
    United Kingdom

    http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.html

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 30, 2005

  3. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:48:36 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    >> VoIPCheap adds more free destinations!

    >Try again!!!:
    >
    >Australia
    >Austria
    >Belgium
    >China
    >France
    >Hungary
    >Ireland
    >Japan
    >Netherlands
    >Poland
    >United Kingdom
    >

    >http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.html

    Just a pity you can't use them via an ATA.
    Is there likely to be a particular reason why they operate soft phone
    only?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 30, 2005
  4. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Peter Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    > VoIPCheap adds more free destinations!

    [...]
    > http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.htmlIrelandfree

    It's hardly free if I have to buy a copy of Windows to use it, is it?

    --
    PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key
    /:.*posting.google.com.*/HX-Trace:+j

    Peter, Aug 30, 2005
  5. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On 30 Aug 2005 12:16:41 GMT, (Peter) wrote:

    >{{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >> VoIPCheap adds more free destinations!

    >[...]
    >> http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.htmlIrelandfree

    >It's hardly free if I have to buy a copy of Windows to use it, is it?

    Well if like some other people you insist on using some crap operating
    system like Linux then that is your problem .

    , Aug 30, 2005
  6. On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:56:02 +0100, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >Just a pity you can't use them via an ATA.
    >Is there likely to be a particular reason why they operate soft phone
    >only?

    to reduce usage of the free service ? wouldn't do to provide it on a
    convenient DECT handset :)

    Phil
    --
    Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :)

    Phil Thompson, Aug 30, 2005
  7. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On 30 Aug 2005 12:16:41 GMT,
    > (Peter) wrote:
    >
    > > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    > > wrote:
    > > > VoIPCheap adds more free destinations!

    > > [...]
    > > > http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.htmlIrelandfree

    > > It's hardly free if I have to buy a copy of Windows to
    > > use it, is it?

    > Well if like some other people you insist on using some
    > crap operating system like Linux then that is your
    > problem .

    Hmm.. Linux = crap, Windows = non-crap.

    Strange definitions :))

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 30, 2005
  8. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    UKHierarchy Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> On 30 Aug 2005 12:16:41 GMT,
    >> (Peter) wrote:
    >>
    >> > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    >> > [...]
    >> >
    >> > It's hardly free if I have to buy a copy of Windows to
    >> > use it, is it?

    >> Well if like some other people you insist on using some
    >> crap operating system like Linux then that is your
    >> problem .

    > Hmm.. Linux = crap, Windows = non-crap.
    >
    > Strange definitions :))
    >
    > Ivor

    ivor why did you choose to be a bus driver of all things, your taelnts lie
    not driving buses but on groups like this lovey.

    UKHierarchy, Aug 30, 2005
  9. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Peter Guest

    Ivor Jones <> wrote:
    > <> wrote:

    [...]
    >> Well if like some other people you insist on using some crap
    >> operating system like Linux then that is your problem .

    You shouldn't really bother responding to my posts as I have you
    killfiled. I see you've still not managed to join an ESOL course yet.

    > Hmm.. Linux = crap, Windows = non-crap.
    > Strange definitions :))

    Never mind that my day-to-day computer uses neither, nor is it even a
    PC, so a warezed copy of Windows wouldn't help.

    Also, quaintly, I like to make and receive telephone calls with a
    telephone. When you compare my DECT handset (approximate weight 250g)
    versus a PC (approximate weight 15kg) I know which one I'd rather pick
    up and take to wherever in the house I wish to make or receive calls.

    Peter, Aug 30, 2005
  10. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Mike Guest

    wrote:
    > On 30 Aug 2005 12:16:41 GMT, (Peter) wrote:
    >

    >>{{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >>
    >>>VoIPCheap adds more free destinations!

    >>[...]
    >>
    >>>http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/index.htmlIrelandfree

    >>It's hardly free if I have to buy a copy of Windows to use it, is it?

    > Well if like some other people you insist on using some crap operating
    > system like Linux then that is your problem .

    Linux is only crap to those that don't understand it. I use both and
    each has their own strengths and weaknesses. Its a case of using the
    right tool for the job. e.g. I have Windows on the desktop and Linux as
    the server.

    Your messages to this newsgroup probably never touched a Windows server
    on its way and your newsgroup server is probably a Linux box, so a
    "crap" operating system is working rather well for you ;-)

    Mike, Aug 30, 2005
  11. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Peter Guest

    Mike <> wrote:
    [...]
    > Your messages to this newsgroup probably never touched a Windows
    > server on its way and your newsgroup server is probably a Linux box,
    > so a "crap" operating system is working rather well for you ;-)

    A few quick pokes suggests his news server is probably INN running on
    a Linux 2.4 box. His incoming mail server is definitely Exim 4.52,
    which implies Unix (so probably Linux again.)

    --
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink.
    - W.C. Fields

    Peter, Aug 30, 2005
  12. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On 30 Aug 2005 15:53:29 GMT, (Peter) wrote:

    >A few quick pokes suggests his news server is probably INN running on
    >a Linux 2.4 box. His incoming mail server is definitely Exim 4.52,
    >which implies Unix (so probably Linux again.)

    Don't jump to conclusions Peter our incoming and outgoing mail server
    is running on a XP 64 based system we never use ISP's mail servers
    sooner have mail stored where no one can get at it .

    , Aug 30, 2005
  13. "Phil Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:56:02 +0100, Brian A
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Just a pity you can't use them via an ATA.
    > >Is there likely to be a particular reason why they operate soft phone
    > >only?

    > to reduce usage of the free service ? wouldn't do to provide it on a
    > convenient DECT handset :)
    >
    > Phil
    > --
    > Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :)

    What's a "soft phone" and what's a dect handset?? I just installed
    voipcheap a few days ago and it doesn't work. There again all I did was to
    install the software, register, log on , and then tried to dial out (to
    which I just get a message saying remote computer disconnected). OTOH I
    have absolutely no idea what anyone is talking about on this newsgroup.

    Interesting Ian, Aug 30, 2005
  14. On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:37:18 GMT, "Interesting Ian"
    <> wrote:

    >What's a "soft phone" and what's a dect handset??

    a soft phone is a software application trying to emulate a telephone
    by using a computers CPU and sound facilities.

    a DECT handset is a normal cordless digitial phone, plugged into
    either a BT line or into an Analogue Telephone Adapter (ATA) which is
    if you like an "ethernet to telephone" VoIP converter

    Phil
    --
    Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :)

    Phil Thompson, Aug 30, 2005
  15. "Phil Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:37:18 GMT, "Interesting Ian"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >What's a "soft phone" and what's a dect handset??

    > a soft phone is a software application trying to emulate a telephone
    > by using a computers CPU and sound facilities.
    >
    > a DECT handset is a normal cordless digitial phone, plugged into
    > either a BT line or into an Analogue Telephone Adapter (ATA) which is
    > if you like an "ethernet to telephone" VoIP converter

    Thanks.

    Interesting Ian, Aug 30, 2005
  16. On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:59:18 GMT, Stefan Kaniuk said:

    >ivor why did you choose to be a bus driver of all things, your taelnts lie
    >not driving buses but on groups like this lovey.

    pillock
    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 140,000 groups
    Unlimited download

    Stefan Kaniuk is a pillock, Aug 30, 2005
  17. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:53:57 +0100, Stefan Kaniuk is a pillock
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:59:18 GMT, Stefan Kaniuk said:
    >
    >>ivor why did you choose to be a bus driver of all things, your taelnts lie
    >>not driving buses but on groups like this lovey.

    >pillock

    Takes one to know one .

    , Aug 30, 2005
  18. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    UKHierarchy Guest

    "Stefan Kaniuk is a pillock" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:59:18 GMT, Stefan Kaniuk said:
    >
    >>ivor why did you choose to be a bus driver of all things, your taelnts lie
    >>not driving buses but on groups like this lovey.

    > pillock
    > Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    > More than 140,000 groups
    > Unlimited download
    > http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

    yes hseil very nice thansk for taking the time to spend so much attetntion
    on me very kind of you

    UKHierarchy, Aug 30, 2005
  19. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:11:55 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:53:57 +0100, Stefan Kaniuk is a pillock
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>pillock

    >> Takes one to know one .

    >sorry dex what are you calling me pal.

    Sorry something went astray it wasn't meant for you :)) .

    , Aug 30, 2005
  20. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    UKHierarchy Guest

    UKHierarchy, Aug 30, 2005