    1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
    another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
    settings in another client?
    J Smith, Oct 7, 2005

  2. J Smith

    7 Guest

    J Smith wrote:

    > 1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
    > another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
    > settings in another client?

    I believe many commercial softphones and projects like kphone already work
    under GNU/Linux because a large part of it is standardized.
    If it doesn't work with a particular VoIP
    service provider, its usually down
    to settings / or support from VoIP provider.
    American VoIP service providers tend to be first time excellent
    service providers, but UK are the back waters of POTS
    management trying to still get their heads around new
    technology and you won't find good support or support
    web pages.
    7, Oct 8, 2005

  3. J Smith

    Brian Guest

    On 2005-10-07, J Smith <> wrote:

    > 1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
    > another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
    > settings in another client?

    Voipcheap uses the IAX protocol so you will need to search for an IAX
    client for Linux. To start you off: IAXComm and kiax.

    Brian.
    Brian, Oct 8, 2005
  4. J Smith

    LJ Guest

    On 7 Oct 2005 15:31:18 -0700, J Smith wrote:

    > 1899 only has a VoIP client for Windows. Is there any way of getting
    > another SIP/VoIP client to work with 1899 under Linux? Can I put some
    > settings in another client?

    I sent Voipcheap a message from their website about a week ago asking a
    similar question - no response so far!

    Maybe someone with the Windows client installed can run 'netstat' from a
    cmd prompt a few times and see what they're connected to... ;)

    LJ
    LJ, Oct 8, 2005
  5. J Smith

    davew Guest