Voipbuster

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by pete, Apr 10, 2007.

  1. pete

    pete Guest

    pete, Apr 10, 2007

  2. pete

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:35:00 +0100, pete <> wrote:

    >I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
    >think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
    >a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?
    >pete
    >www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk
    >www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

    There are hundreds of voip providers. You don't say what you are
    looking for and why you no longer like voipbuster.
    Do you make just UK calls or do you want international?
    A bit more information about your requirements will help.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Apr 10, 2007

  3. pete wrote:
    > I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
    > think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
    > a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?
    > pete
    > www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk
    > www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

    Other than UK calls not being free for over 12 months, nothing has
    changed with VoIPBuster. You can still use their software and use your
    headphones and mic, or you can use an ATA and connect a regular phone,
    or you can use the call back methed where it will indeed use you normal
    phone, where there is a connection fee, the choice is yours you are not
    forced to use the call back service, just carry on as before and don't
    use Direct Callback.

    Win Amazon Vouchers:
    http://www.wabbadabba.com/join.aspx?friend=4I9Q6C6X3477
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 10, 2007
  4. pete

    Graham Guest

    "pete" <> wrote in message
    >I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
    > think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
    > a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?
    > pete
    > www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk
    > www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

    Hi Pete.
    There are many of these Betamax clones. Which one you should sign up for
    will
    depend on the countries you call. If you, like me, mainly call UK landlines
    and
    mobiles look at the rates for http://voipcheap.COM

    I used to use http://voipcheap.CO.UK until they started charging for UK
    landlines. I still use the dormant account for incoming calls, as at the
    time I
    signed up they gave me a very easy to remember geographic number.
    The trick with VoIP is to keep reviewing your options.
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham, Apr 10, 2007
  5. pete

    pete Guest

    On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:22:40 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:35:00 +0100, pete <> wrote:
    >
    >>I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
    >>think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
    >>a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

    >There are hundreds of voip providers. You don't say what you are
    >looking for and why you no longer like voipbuster.
    >Do you make just UK calls or do you want international?
    >A bit more information about your requirements will help.

    I am wondering if I will be charged by BT for the calls that I am now
    making through the BT telephone instead of through head phones?
    pete, Apr 11, 2007
  6. pete

    pete Guest

    On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:21:41 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >pete wrote:
    >> I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
    >> think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
    >> a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

    >Other than UK calls not being free for over 12 months, nothing has
    >changed with VoIPBuster. You can still use their software and use your
    >headphones and mic, or you can use an ATA and connect a regular phone,
    >or you can use the call back methed where it will indeed use you normal
    >phone, where there is a connection fee, the choice is yours you are not
    >forced to use the call back service, just carry on as before and don't
    >use Direct Callback.

    I cannot find how to use viopbuster as I used to with head phones so I
    thought that had been cancelled. I will have to see if I can find out
    how to do it again. Thanks.
    pete, Apr 11, 2007
  7. pete

    pete Guest

    On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:13:50 +0100, "Graham" <> wrote:

    >"pete" <> wrote in message
    >>I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
    >> think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is there
    >> a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

    >Hi Pete.
    >There are many of these Betamax clones. Which one you should sign up for
    >will
    >depend on the countries you call. If you, like me, mainly call UK landlines
    >and
    >mobiles look at the rates for http://voipcheap.COM
    >
    >I used to use http://voipcheap.CO.UK until they started charging for UK
    >landlines. I still use the dormant account for incoming calls, as at the
    >time I
    >signed up they gave me a very easy to remember geographic number.
    >The trick with VoIP is to keep reviewing your options.

    Yes I am learning that thanks.
    pete, Apr 11, 2007
  8. pete wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:21:41 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> pete wrote:
    >>> I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
    >>> think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is
    >>> there a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

    >> Other than UK calls not being free for over 12 months, nothing has
    >> changed with VoIPBuster. You can still use their software and use
    >> your headphones and mic, or you can use an ATA and connect a regular
    >> phone, or you can use the call back methed where it will indeed use
    >> you normal phone, where there is a connection fee, the choice is
    >> yours you are not forced to use the call back service, just carry on
    >> as before and don't use Direct Callback.

    > I cannot find how to use viopbuster as I used to with head phones so I
    > thought that had been cancelled. I will have to see if I can find out
    > how to do it again. Thanks.
    > pete
    > www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk
    > www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

    With the software running and your headphones and mic set up, simply
    enter the number you wish to dial (in international format) in the lower
    section of the softphone and press the green phone button, don't press
    DC or enter any other phone number in the section above.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 11, 2007
  9. pete wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:22:40 GMT, Brian A
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:35:00 +0100, pete <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
    >>> think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is
    >>> there a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

    >> There are hundreds of voip providers. You don't say what you are
    >> looking for and why you no longer like voipbuster.
    >> Do you make just UK calls or do you want international?
    >> A bit more information about your requirements will help.

    > I am wondering if I will be charged by BT for the calls that I am now
    > making through the BT telephone instead of through head phones?
    > pete

    If it's the direct connect service, then BT won't charge you as it is
    VoIPBuster that calls your number (I take it this is happening), you are
    at the moment entering your number and the destination number into the
    software, this then calls your landline and then when you pick up the
    phone calls the destination - this is why they make the small connection
    charge as you are using two terminating lines, where as if you didn't
    enter your number in the software and only entered the person you want
    to call number, then your phone won't ring and you will be using the
    software with your headphones and mic to make the call and no connection
    fee.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 11, 2007
  10. pete wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:13:50 +0100, "Graham" <> wrote:
    >

    >> "pete" <> wrote in message
    >>> I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
    >>> think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is
    >>> there a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

    >> Hi Pete.
    >> There are many of these Betamax clones. Which one you should sign up
    >> for will
    >> depend on the countries you call. If you, like me, mainly call UK
    >> landlines and
    >> mobiles look at the rates for http://voipcheap.COM
    >>
    >> I used to use http://voipcheap.CO.UK until they started charging for
    >> UK landlines. I still use the dormant account for incoming calls, as
    >> at the time I
    >> signed up they gave me a very easy to remember geographic number.
    >> The trick with VoIP is to keep reviewing your options.

    > Yes I am learning that thanks.
    > pete

    As I don't call mobiles very often and I had issued a number I use
    VoIPStunt.com other use VoIPDiscount.com I don't often use the software
    however, I have an analogue telephone adapter so no need for the
    computer to be on. But all the software works in the same way, if you
    enter two numbers it uses the call back system, if you only enter the
    destination in the correct field, then you use the software, headphone
    and mic.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 11, 2007
  11. pete

    pete Guest

    On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:22:17 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >pete wrote:
    >> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:22:40 GMT, Brian A
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> There are hundreds of voip providers. You don't say what you are
    >>> looking for and why you no longer like voipbuster.
    >>> Do you make just UK calls or do you want international?
    >>> A bit more information about your requirements will help.

    >> I am wondering if I will be charged by BT for the calls that I am now
    >> making through the BT telephone instead of through head phones?
    >> pete

    >If it's the direct connect service, then BT won't charge you as it is
    >VoIPBuster that calls your number (I take it this is happening), you are
    >at the moment entering your number and the destination number into the
    >software, this then calls your landline and then when you pick up the
    >phone calls the destination - this is why they make the small connection
    >charge as you are using two terminating lines, where as if you didn't
    >enter your number in the software and only entered the person you want
    >to call number, then your phone won't ring and you will be using the
    >software with your headphones and mic to make the call and no connection
    >fee.

    Yes that is what I used to do and I will have to find out how to do it
    again now that you have kindly taken the time to inform me that is
    still will work that way. Thanks.
    pete, Apr 11, 2007
  12. pete wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:22:40 GMT, Brian A
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:35:00 +0100, pete <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I used to use Voipbuster with a head set through my computer. Now I
    >>> think the only option is to use my telephone and get charged. Is
    >>> there a similar company to what Voipbuster was around?

    >> There are hundreds of voip providers. You don't say what you are
    >> looking for and why you no longer like voipbuster.
    >> Do you make just UK calls or do you want international?
    >> A bit more information about your requirements will help.

    > I am wondering if I will be charged by BT for the calls that I am now
    > making through the BT telephone instead of through head phones?
    > pete
    > www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk
    > www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

    If you look at the picture of the softphone on the index page:
    http://www.voipbuster.com/en/index.html

    Above where it has the advert about sending SMS, in the field where you
    enter the number you wish to call, the green phone button lights up.

    Don't enter your phone number in the field above, as that is for direct
    connect and the system will then call that number first and connect you
    through the phone line.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Apr 11, 2007
  13. pete wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:22:17 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> pete wrote:

    >>> I am wondering if I will be charged by BT for the calls that I am
    >>> now making through the BT telephone instead of through head phones?
    >>> pete

    >> If it's the direct connect service, then BT won't charge you as it is
    >> VoIPBuster that calls your number (I take it this is happening), you
    >> are at the moment entering your number and the destination number
    >> into the software, this then calls your landline and then when you
    >> pick up the phone calls the destination - this is why they make the
    >> small connection charge as you are using two terminating lines,
    >> where as if you didn't enter your number in the software and only
    >> entered the person you want to call number, then your phone won't
    >> ring and you will be using the software with your headphones and mic
    >> to make the call and no connection fee.

    > Yes that is what I used to do and I will have to find out how to do it
    > again now that you have kindly taken the time to inform me that is
    > still will work that way. Thanks.
    > pete
    > www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk
    > www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk