    John Smith Guest

    I just went to pay by credit card and it was asking for 10 Euros - is this
    the minimum now ?

    John Smith, Sep 30, 2005

  2. John Smith

    Ad C Guest

    In article <%l6%e.118397$>,
    says...
    > I just went to pay by credit card and it was asking for 10 Euros - is this
    > the minimum now ?

    10 euros? Have someone forgot to tell them we do not use Euros in the
    U.K

    Ad C, Sep 30, 2005

  3. John Smith

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Ad C writes
    >In article <%l6%e.118397$>,
    > says...
    >> I just went to pay by credit card and it was asking for 10 Euros - is this
    >> the minimum now ?
    >>

    >10 euros? Have someone forgot to tell them we do not use Euros in the
    >U.K

    Yes we do by using our Debit/Credit card.

    In any case they're not a UK company.

    David Floyd, Sep 30, 2005
  4. John Smith

    Andrew Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > In message of Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Ad C writes
    >
    >> In article <%l6%e.118397$>,
    >> says...
    >>
    >>> I just went to pay by credit card and it was asking for 10 Euros - is
    >>> this
    >>> the minimum now ?
    >>>

    >> 10 euros? Have someone forgot to tell them we do not use Euros in the
    >> U.K

    > Yes we do by using our Debit/Credit card.
    >
    > In any case they're not a UK company.

    I just went to it and still have a €5 option.

    Andrew, Sep 30, 2005
  5. John Smith

    Ad C Guest

    In article <6I54mSE23XPDFwY5@127.0.0.1>, says...

    > >10 euros? Have someone forgot to tell them we do not use Euros in the
    > >U.K

    > Yes we do by using our Debit/Credit card.

    No we don't, it is not legal tender in this country.

    > In any case they're not a UK company.

    Are they trading in the U.K? If so, then they should accept sterling.
    Paying by Euros copuld cost you more, due to currency rates.

    Ad C, Sep 30, 2005
  6. John Smith

    Ad C Guest

    In article <bhf%e.118921$>,
    rnet says...

    > > In any case they're not a UK company.

    > I just went to it and still have a ¤5 option.

    Any company that do not allow me to pay in my own currency do not get my
    custom.

    Ad C, Sep 30, 2005
  7. John Smith

    Guest

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:36:10 +0100, Ad C <>
    wrote:

    >Any company that do not allow me to pay in my own currency do not get my
    >custom.

    So you won't be buying in US dollars then even though the exchange
    rate is weighing heavily in our favor at the moment or was anyhow .

    , Oct 1, 2005
  8. John Smith

    Grunt Guest

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:36:10 +0100, Ad C wrote:

    >Any company that do not allow me to pay in my own currency do not get my
    >custom.

    Quite right. Stick to paying with silver groats and may a plague of
    locusts descent on all those who won't accept them.

    Grunt, Oct 1, 2005
  9. John Smith

    Ad C Guest

    In article <>, .@_.invalid
    says...

    > Quite right. Stick to paying with silver groats and may a plague of
    > locusts descent on all those who won't accept them.

    What on earth are you on about? Pounds and pence is our currency, and
    that is what we should use.

    It is a bit different if you are buying a product from abroad, but if a
    service is offered in the U.K, then they should accept sterling.

    Ad C, Oct 1, 2005
  10. John Smith

    Tone Guest

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:35:15 +0100, Ad C <>
    wrote:

    >In article <6I54mSE23XPDFwY5@127.0.0.1>, says...
    >
    >> >10 euros? Have someone forgot to tell them we do not use Euros in the
    >> >U.K

    >> Yes we do by using our Debit/Credit card.

    >No we don't, it is not legal tender in this country.

    What ? Euro's ??
    You should check out many of the stores in Oxford St who accept Euro's

    >> In any case they're not a UK company.
    >>

    >Are they trading in the U.K? If so, then they should accept sterling.

    No they can accept what they like, coconuts, Yen, Ringits etc
    Its up to the customer to choose whther or not they buy there

    >Paying by Euros copuld cost you more, due to currency rates.

    Possibly

    --

    Just livin the Vida Sofa

    Tone, Oct 1, 2005
  11. John Smith

    Guest

    On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 08:41:25 +0100, Ad C <>
    wrote:

    >It is a bit different if you are buying a product from abroad, but if a
    >service is offered in the U.K, then they should accept sterling.

    God give me strength I thought I was a little old fashioned in my
    thinking and ways but you make me look like a young wiz kid .

    , Oct 1, 2005
  12. John Smith

    Ad C Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > What ? Euro's ??
    > You should check out many of the stores in Oxford St who accept Euro's

    They may accept them, but they are still not legal tender.
    You see I do not have to accept Euros in payment for anything.

    The reason why places in London accepts euros is because of tourists,
    not one shop here as far as I know accepts Euros.

    > >Are they trading in the U.K? If so, then they should accept sterling.

    > No they can accept what they like, coconuts, Yen, Ringits etc
    > Its up to the customer to choose whther or not they buy there

    That is true I suppose, but unless they eat a lot of coconuts it is not
    going to do them any good.

    > >Paying by Euros copuld cost you more, due to currency rates.

    > Possibly

    At the moment is cost more.

    I just prefer paying with our own currency, it saves a lot of hassle and
    I know where I am.

    Ad C, Oct 1, 2005
  13. John Smith

    Tone Guest

    On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 09:50:20 +0100, Ad C <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >> What ? Euro's ??
    >> You should check out many of the stores in Oxford St who accept Euro's

    >They may accept them, but they are still not legal tender.

    Well as those shops accept them, they certainly are Legal Tender for
    them.

    >You see I do not have to accept Euros in payment for anything.

    No, but by doing so you will be enlarging your market

    >The reason why places in London accepts euros is because of tourists,
    >not one shop here as far as I know accepts Euros.

    But there are shops that dont accept £50 notes ??

    >> >Are they trading in the U.K? If so, then they should accept sterling.

    >> No they can accept what they like, coconuts, Yen, Ringits etc
    >> Its up to the customer to choose whther or not they buy there

    >That is true I suppose, but unless they eat a lot of coconuts it is not
    >going to do them any good.

    >> >Paying by Euros copuld cost you more, due to currency rates.

    >> Possibly

    >At the moment is cost more.
    >
    >I just prefer paying with our own currency, it saves a lot of hassle and
    >I know where I am.

    Well, we'll all be using Euros sooner or later. If only to stop the US
    dollar becoming the standard world currency its worth it.

    --

    Just livin the Vida Sofa

    Tone, Oct 1, 2005
  14. John Smith

    Grunt Guest

    On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 09:50:20 +0100, Ad C wrote:

    >I just prefer paying with our own currency, it saves a lot of hassle and
    >I know where I am.

    Well done! Get your brass farthings out from under the mattress in
    your fantasy world. The rest of us are happy to move on living in the
    real world. If I can get a bargain by paying in Ukrainian hryvnia then
    I'm happy to do so. Feel free to continue paying through the nose in
    your precious currency.

    Grunt, Oct 1, 2005
  15. John Smith

    wrote:

    >In article <bhf%e.118921$>,
    > says...
    >
    >> > In any case they're not a UK company.

    >> I just went to it and still have a €5 option.
    >>

    >Any company that do not allow me to pay in my own currency do not get my
    >custom.

    I wouldn't accept your currency under any circumstances.

    --
    cerberus

    , Oct 1, 2005
  16. John Smith

    xPat Guest

    In article <>,
    lid says...
    > On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:36:10 +0100, Ad C <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <bhf%e.118921$>,
    > > says...

    > >> I just went to it and still have a ?5 option.
    > >>

    > >Any company that do not allow me to pay in my own currency do not get my
    > >custom.

    > I wouldn't accept your currency under any circumstances.

    This thread is populated by ignorant jingoistic bollocks, born out of
    ignorance and propagated by shite rags like the Daily Mail. When people
    who oppose european integration, including currency, are asked why, they
    simply don't know or are too inarticulate to describe why.

    There is NO good or credible reason why the UK should not use Euro. The
    Government knows it and if it wasn't for the fact that Blair knows he
    would get defeated, there would be a referendum in the morning. The real
    nonsense here is that the majority that would vote no (and I accept that
    there would be a majority) would do so largely for no sound reason.

    Ludicrous but true.

    xPat, Oct 1, 2005
  17. John Smith

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "xPat" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > This thread is populated by ignorant jingoistic bollocks,
    > born out of ignorance and propagated by shite rags like
    > the Daily Mail. When people who oppose european
    > integration, including currency, are asked why, they
    > simply don't know or are too inarticulate to describe
    > why.

    I know perfectly well why I oppose European integration. It is because I
    have no wish to be part of a larger political superstate. I am opposed to
    the euro because I wish to retain the UK currency of the pound sterling.
    Why..? Because I am British and wish to remain so.

    > There is NO good or credible reason why the UK should not
    > use Euro.

    There is, but uk.politics is probably the best place to discuss it so I
    won't say any more here.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 1, 2005
  18. John Smith

    Guest

    On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 11:53:27 +0200, xPat <> wrote:

    >This thread is populated by ignorant jingoistic bollocks, born out of
    >ignorance and propagated by shite rags like the Daily Mail. When people
    >who oppose european integration, including currency, are asked why, they
    >simply don't know or are too inarticulate to describe why.

    I do not object at all for paying for goods in the currency of other
    countries .
    >There is NO good or credible reason why the UK should not use Euro.

    For the same reason that I and many others of my genoration and older
    where opposed to changing to decimal years ago we would all be lost if
    we changed to the euro damn it we have only just got used to decimal
    coinage and now people are trying to change it again. If I can go over
    to one particular Europian country has I did last weekend and pay
    using pounds and pence and be given pounds and pence in change then I
    don't see the need to be forced to use the euro in my own country .
    You want to use the euro then move to France or Germany but don't try
    forcing we British people to use it here.
    > The
    >Government knows it and if it wasn't for the fact that Blair knows he
    >would get defeated, there would be a referendum in the morning. The real
    >nonsense here is that the majority that would vote no (and I accept that
    >there would be a majority) would do so largely for no sound reason.
    >
    >Ludicrous but true.

    We should pull out of the EU compleatly not strive to go further into
    it .

    , Oct 1, 2005
  19. John Smith

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 11:53:27 +0200, xPat <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:36:10 +0100, Ad C <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article <bhf%e.118921$>,
    >> > says...

    >> >Any company that do not allow me to pay in my own currency do not get my
    >> >custom.

    >> I wouldn't accept your currency under any circumstances.
    >>

    >This thread is populated by ignorant jingoistic bollocks, born out of
    >ignorance and propagated by shite rags like the Daily Mail. When people
    >who oppose european integration, including currency, are asked why, they
    >simply don't know or are too inarticulate to describe why.
    >
    >There is NO good or credible reason why the UK should not use Euro. The
    >Government knows it and if it wasn't for the fact that Blair knows he
    >would get defeated, there would be a referendum in the morning. The real
    >nonsense here is that the majority that would vote no (and I accept that
    >there would be a majority) would do so largely for no sound reason.

    I am not so sure about 'NO good or credible reason why the UK should
    not use Euro'. Much as I do like the idea of a common currency I do
    have doubts about how well, in economic terms that it would work. I am
    not, I should add, taking any of my ideas from the media or
    Politicians and I am definitely NOT a Tory. Although an Engineer I
    did, whilst at University, as an option, study economics for a year.
    From what I learned I have grave doubts about what happens if one or
    more countries go downhill and fail to take the necessary action. A
    common currency might also mean possible common interest rates also. I
    can't see how all this would work. Germany currently seems to be going
    through some angst and the populous seem reluctant to deal with it.
    In this country, possibly because of what appears to me to have been a
    bias towards more Keynsian economics, we seem to have fared well while
    recessions have been experienced elsewhere. However, I fear that this
    might now come to haunt us and we might just have to reign in now to
    repay the debt.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Oct 1, 2005
  20. John Smith

    Tone Guest

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 12:09:56 +0100, wrote:

    >On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 11:53:27 +0200, xPat <> wrote:
    >

    >>This thread is populated by ignorant jingoistic bollocks, born out of
    >>ignorance and propagated by shite rags like the Daily Mail. When people
    >>who oppose european integration, including currency, are asked why, they
    >>simply don't know or are too inarticulate to describe why.

    >I do not object at all for paying for goods in the currency of other
    >countries .
    >>There is NO good or credible reason why the UK should not use Euro.

    >For the same reason that I and many others of my genoration and older
    >where opposed to changing to decimal years ago we would all be lost if
    >we changed to the euro damn it we have only just got used to decimal
    >coinage and now people are trying to change it again. If I can go over
    >to one particular Europian country has I did last weekend and pay
    >using pounds and pence and be given pounds and pence in change then I
    >don't see the need to be forced to use the euro in my own country .
    >You want to use the euro then move to France or Germany but don't try
    >forcing we British people to use it here.
    >> The
    >>Government knows it and if it wasn't for the fact that Blair knows he
    >>would get defeated, there would be a referendum in the morning. The real
    >>nonsense here is that the majority that would vote no (and I accept that
    >>there would be a majority) would do so largely for no sound reason.
    >>
    >>Ludicrous but true.

    >We should pull out of the EU compleatly not strive to go further into
    >it .

    Another expected load of Tripe from Dexter.
    You should make friends with Turdpile, he usually posts bollox too

    --

    Just livin the Vida Sofa

    Tone, Oct 1, 2005