Voipbuster charge 1 minute for 1 second call. : (

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by OM, Feb 18, 2006.

  1. OM

    OM Guest

    I called a mobile from Voipbuster.
    I called 3 or 4 times.
    Each time, the line connected and disconnected.
    The total time connected was 1 - 2 seconds max.

    I saw my credits rapidly going down.
    I couldn't work out the full charge there and then and the call history
    on my account didn't seem to be update.
    I've had a look now... and I've been charged for a whole minute for
    each of the calls above.
    I think that's really unfair.

    I wasn't aware that their policy was to charge per minute, with the
    first minute starting at 0 seconds. : (

    OM

    OM, Feb 18, 2006

  2. OM

    paul123 Guest

    Re: Voipbuster charge 1 minute for 1 second call. : (

    OM wrote:
    > I called a mobile from Voipbuster.
    > I called 3 or 4 times.
    > Each time, the line connected and disconnected.
    > The total time connected was 1 - 2 seconds max.
    >
    > I saw my credits rapidly going down.
    > I couldn't work out the full charge there and then and the call history
    > on my account didn't seem to be update.
    > I've had a look now... and I've been charged for a whole minute for
    > each of the calls above.
    > I think that's really unfair.
    >
    > I wasn't aware that their policy was to charge per minute, with the
    > first minute starting at 0 seconds. : (
    >

    > OM

    ummm....on the voipbuster rates page:

    "Rates are in Eurocents per minute and calls are rounded up to next
    minute."

    paul123, Feb 18, 2006

  3. OM

    Ian Guest

    "OM" <> wrote in message
    > I called a mobile from Voipbuster.
    > I called 3 or 4 times.
    > Each time, the line connected and disconnected.
    > The total time connected was 1 - 2 seconds max.
    >
    > I saw my credits rapidly going down.
    > I couldn't work out the full charge there and then and the call history
    > on my account didn't seem to be update.
    > I've had a look now... and I've been charged for a whole minute for
    > each of the calls above.
    > I think that's really unfair.
    >
    > I wasn't aware that their policy was to charge per minute, with the
    > first minute starting at 0 seconds. : (

    And how exactly did you think they fund the free calls?

    Ian, Feb 19, 2006