    Not the end of the world but i'd like to get it working.

    Thanks
    Steve.

    Steve B, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Steve B

    Steve B Guest

    On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:13:56 +0100, Steve B wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am spending a bit of time playing with VOIP basically out of
    > interest rather than anything else. I created a voipbuster account
    > a few weeks ago and yesterday I put in 5 euros credit to enable the
    > free calls. I've made a few calls today via my ATA and they all get
    > cut after one minute telling me to buy credit... Well according to

    Sorry to answer myself but I have more info. If I use the Voipbusterapplication
    it works fine. ie I can call mobiles and free calls for more than 1 minute.
    However using my ATA I always get cut off. Anyone else got Voipbusterworking
    with an ATA? Is it my settings? Can someone share their settings if theyhave it
    working on an an ATA.

    Thanks again
    Steve

    Steve B, Sep 8, 2005

  3. Steve B

    keymaster Guest

    "Steve B" <steve@*nospammy*.hullcity.net> wrote in message
    Hi all,

    I am spending a bit of time playing with VOIP basically out of interest
    rather
    than anything else. I created a voipbuster account a few weeks ago and
    yesterday
    I put in 5 euros credit to enable the free calls. I've made a few calls
    today
    via my ATA and they all get cut after one minute telling me to buy credit...
    Well according to the website I have 5Euro credit and it tells me to spend
    it
    before I pay more! Also on the website when I look at my calls made it says
    none. It looks like my account is not properly linked on the website. Anyone
    else had a "broken" account and got it working somehow? I've emailed support
    but
    don't think they will reply looking at other messages here.

    Not the end of the world but i'd like to get it working.

    Thanks
    Steve.

    Hi
    I have a similar problem, I paid 5euro and my calls get cut off as soon as
    answered. emailed support 48hrs ago - no response as yet.
    cheers
    Roy

    keymaster, Sep 8, 2005
  4. Steve B

    JuliusP Guest

    I had to add 5euro credit last night when I called a Canadian number
    (which had been free) which used up my 1euro credit :(

    Calls continue as before (some lasting over one hour today), it looks
    like they also removed some FREE locations from the previous listing

    I can't complain, I totalled my previous calls and they amounted to 8
    hours over 4 months for 1euro

    JuliusP, Sep 8, 2005
  5. Steve B

    Guest

    On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:33:17 +0100, "keymaster"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a similar problem, I paid 5euro and my calls get cut off as soon as
    >answered. emailed support 48hrs ago - no response as yet.
    >cheers
    >Roy

    VB is owned by the 18866 crowd and no response for days on end is
    quite normal for them .

    , Sep 8, 2005
  6. Steve B

    Steve B Guest

    On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:47:11 +0100, JuliusP wrote:

    > I had to add 5euro credit last night when I called a Canadian
    > number (which had been free) which used up my 1euro credit :(
    >
    > Calls continue as before (some lasting over one hour today), it
    > looks like they also removed some FREE locations from the previous
    > listing
    >
    > I can't complain, I totalled my previous calls and they amounted to
    > 8 hours over 4 months for 1euro

    Are you using the Voipbuster software or an ATA?

    Thanks
    Steve

    Steve B, Sep 8, 2005
  7. Steve B

    JuliusP Guest

    Steve B wrote:
    > On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:47:11 +0100, JuliusP wrote:
    >
    > Are you using the Voipbuster software or an ATA?

    An Asterisk server

    JuliusP, Sep 8, 2005
  8. Steve B

    T. Guest

    JuliusP wrote:
    > Steve B wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:47:11 +0100, JuliusP wrote:
    >>
    >>Are you using the Voipbuster software or an ATA?

    > An Asterisk server

    Could you supply config details please?

    T., Sep 9, 2005
  9. Steve B

    Me Guest

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:37:16 +0100, "T." <>
    wrote:

    >JuliusP wrote:
    >> Steve B wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 21:47:11 +0100, JuliusP wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Are you using the Voipbuster software or an ATA?

    >> An Asterisk server
    >>

    >Could you supply config details please?

    For Voipbuster to work on an ATA you need just 3 things

    SIP Registrar Address: stun.voipbuster.com
    Username: ?????
    Password: ?????

    And that's it.

    Me

    Me, Sep 9, 2005
  10. Steve B

    JuliusP Guest

    You can also use SIP, the server is sip.voipbuster.com

    IAX.CONF

    register => voipbuster-username:p

    [ukout2]
    type=peer
    auth=md5
    username=voipbuster-unsername
    secret=password
    host=iax.voipbuster.com

    JuliusP, Sep 9, 2005
  11. Steve B

    Steve B Guest

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:29:06 +0100, Me wrote:
    > On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:37:16 +0100, "T." <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> JuliusP wrote:

    >>> An Asterisk server
    >>>

    >> Could you supply config details please?
    >>

    > For Voipbuster to work on an ATA you need just 3 things
    >
    > SIP Registrar Address: stun.voipbuster.com
    > Username: ?????
    > Password: ?????
    >
    > And that's it.
    >
    > Me

    For Voipbuster to work on an ATA you need just 3 things

    > SIP Registrar Address: stun.voipbuster.com
    > Username: ?????
    > Password: ?????
    >
    > And that's it.

    That's exactly what I have in my config but it will only let me make callsof
    one minute and then cuts me off. If I call a mobile it tells me I need tobuy
    more credit. I have 5Euros in my account.... Any more ideas? It works finewith
    the supplied software.

    Steve.

    Steve B, Sep 9, 2005
  12. Steve B

    davew Guest

    T. wrote:

    >>> Are you using the Voipbuster software or an ATA?

    >> An Asterisk server
    >>

    > Could you supply config details please?

    AMP settings:

    Trunk:
    context=from-pstn
    host=213.61.187.150
    insecure=very
    notransfer=yes
    secret=XXXXXX (voipbusters)
    type=peer
    username=XXXXXX (voipbuster's)

    Incoming:
    (bugger if i can get it to work)
    host=iax.voipbuster.com
    notransfer=yes
    qualify=yes
    secret=XXXXX
    type=peer
    username=XXXXX

    Registration: XXXXXXXX:

    davew, Sep 9, 2005
  13. Steve B

    Guest

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:42:22 +0100, Steve B
    <steve@*nospammy*.hullcity.net> wrote:

    >That's exactly what I have in my config but it will only let me make calls of
    >one minute and then cuts me off. If I call a mobile it tells me I need to buy
    >more credit. I have 5Euros in my account.... Any more ideas? It works fine with
    >the supplied software.

    I can only get it to work with the supplied software tried it with Eye
    beam and it doesn't want to know not even bothered trying it in my
    Supura ATA .

    , Sep 9, 2005
  14. Steve B

    JuliusP Guest

    >SIP Registrar Address: stun.voipbuster.com

    Shouldn't the registrar address be sip.voipbuster.com?????

    This name resolves to multiple IPs, in fact the same IPs as
    iax.voipbuster.com

    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: iax.voipbuster.com
    Addresses: 213.61.187.156, 213.61.187.157, 213.61.187.146,
    213.61.187.147

    JuliusP, Sep 10, 2005
  15. Steve B

    Me Guest

    On 9 Sep 2005 20:34:40 -0700, "JuliusP" <> wrote:

    >>SIP Registrar Address: stun.voipbuster.com

    >Shouldn't the registrar address be sip.voipbuster.com?????
    >
    >This name resolves to multiple IPs, in fact the same IPs as
    >iax.voipbuster.com
    >
    >Non-authoritative answer:
    >Name: iax.voipbuster.com
    >Addresses: 213.61.187.156, 213.61.187.157, 213.61.187.146,
    >213.61.187.147

    Sip.voipbuster.com does not work for me but stun.voipbuster.com does.

    Go figure

    Me

    Me, Sep 10, 2005
  16. Steve B

    Dom Guest

    I have the same problem connecting to Voipbuster through SIP - it
    disconnects randomly after a short time (between 15 secs and 2
    minutes). I have paid into the account and made some free and paid
    calls using their software client. I have tried stun.voipbuster.com and
    sip.voipbuster.com same problem with both. Their software client
    however works fine.

    I think Voipbuster are doing something to break sip connections (as
    they are giving free calls you can maybe understand this, sip
    connections can be used by VoIP PBXs leading to high call volumes). In
    VoipBuster FAQ they say: "It is possible to configure a IAX/SIP device
    for VoipBuster, however our customer services dept does not support
    SIP/IAX questions."

    By contrast, I have no problems calling with Sipgate.

    I have also tried Voipcheap (same company as Voipbuster but lower call
    charges), but cannot even register with SIP for Voipcheap. I conclude
    that SIP is impossible with Voipcheap (it is not mentioned in their
    FAQ).

    Does anyone know any more?

    Dom

    Dom, Sep 15, 2005
  17. Steve B

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Dom writes
    >I have the same problem connecting to Voipbuster through SIP - it
    >disconnects randomly after a short time (between 15 secs and 2
    >minutes). I have paid into the account and made some free and paid
    >calls using their software client. I have tried stun.voipbuster.com and
    >sip.voipbuster.com same problem with both. Their software client
    >however works fine.
    >
    >I think Voipbuster are doing something to break sip connections

    I have used SIP with a Sipura3000 ATA for about three months now - no
    problem with calls at all. Sometimes a connection isn't made because
    lines are busy, but once made - no problem. I have E1 paid up but never
    made a chargeable call. So any problems are probably down to
    individual's ATA set up.

    David

    David Floyd, Sep 15, 2005
  18. Steve B

    Guest

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:52:54 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >I have used SIP with a Sipura3000 ATA for about three months now - no
    >problem with calls at all.

    In that case I wonder if you would mind posting the settings you are
    using in the Sipura I can't get it working at all .

    Thanks .
    Colin .

    , Sep 15, 2005
  19. Steve B

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 15 Sep 2005, writes
    >On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:52:54 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>I have used SIP with a Sipura3000 ATA for about three months now - no
    >>problem with calls at all.

    >In that case I wonder if you would mind posting the settings you are
    >using in the Sipura I can't get it working at all .

    It's pointless having VoIPBuster set as Line 1 as I can't receive
    incoming calls on VoIPBuster, so I have JustDialVoIP set up for Line 1
    and VoIPBuster as a Gateway Account.

    My settings for the Gateway are:

    Gateway 4: <UserID>@sip.voipbuster.com
    GW4 NAT Mapping Enable: yes