    VoIPUser), (It wasn't doing it yesterday, and I haven't changed anything
    (honest!))

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Sparks

    Paul D.Smith Guest

    Umm. There are at least 3 methods used for sending DTMF tones using SIP.
    My guess is that your system is simultaneously using two and VoIPBuster is
    incorrectly presenting both to the PSTN (land line).

    I would check to see if your phone and/or asterisk is configured for one or
    more of

    - INFO method (might mention "application/dtmf-relay")
    - in media (has many names!)
    - RFC2833

    If there are multiples, select RFC2833 and try. You may need to select an
    alternate if this doesn't work. RFC2833 is the preferred system but older
    software may not support it.

    Paul DS.

    "Sparks" <> wrote in message
    > anyone else havig this problem?
    > If i call my land line with VoIPBuster (From my Sip phone, via my asterisk
    > box!) when I press a number on the SIP phone, the DTMF tone is played

    twice

    Paul D.Smith, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    Paul D.Smith wrote:
    > Umm. There are at least 3 methods used for sending DTMF tones using
    > SIP. My guess is that your system is simultaneously using two and
    > VoIPBuster is incorrectly presenting both to the PSTN (land line).
    >
    > I would check to see if your phone and/or asterisk is configured for
    > one or more of
    >
    > - INFO method (might mention "application/dtmf-relay")
    > - in media (has many names!)
    > - RFC2833
    >
    > If there are multiples, select RFC2833 and try. You may need to
    > select an alternate if this doesn't work. RFC2833 is the preferred
    > system but older software may not support it.
    >
    > Paul DS.

    I checked my config on the SIP phone (BudgeTone) and it is set to SIP-Info

    Do you know where I need to check in Asterisk!?

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Sparks

    Paul D.Smith Guest

    > I checked my config on the SIP phone (BudgeTone) and it is set to SIP-Info
    >
    > Do you know where I need to check in Asterisk!?
    >
    > Sparks...

    Sorry. I know the SIP standards but not much about the various software
    that is out there. There seem to be a lot of asterisk users though so it
    shouldn't be too hard to find.

    Good luck,
    Paul DS
    Paul D.Smith, Jun 10, 2005
  5. Sparks

    Paul D.Smith Guest

    Sparks,

    Did you manage to solve this? If so, how?

    Cheers,
    Paul DS
    Paul D.Smith, Jun 14, 2005
  6. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    Paul D.Smith wrote:
    > Sparks,
    >
    > Did you manage to solve this? If so, how?

    Yes,

    I opened another account, this one was fine!
    (Switching back to the old one gave me the double tones again, so it was
    their end!)

    Sparks...
    Sparks, Jun 15, 2005