Voipbuster - 2 "major" problems - any help?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by ryanjjones@mail.com, Aug 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I've emailed and had no response, and I am on the latest version

    Two problems that make it unusable! Please note - this worked
    perfectly for 2-3 days - then stopped. Making me think its a scam...

    Problem 1
    =========
    Laptop is standard Compaq Evo. Worked fine. Now, *sometimes*
    Mic/speakers do not work - and hence need to hang up. Reboot. Try
    again etc. Setting to "hands free" makes no difference

    Problem 2
    =========
    Ignoring above, now I dial, say my home, phone rings 2-3 times then
    VoipBuster says "connected" and hangs up. Or, if I actually answer the
    phone - it disconnects in 2-3 seconds.

    Clearly making this useless.

    I've tried most things I can think of - clear up and reinstall; updated
    soundcard drivers etc - but nothing :( I've awaited a new version -
    but one month on - nothing.

    Any help or hints apprecaited - otherwise I've wasted my money in the
    account! (hence thinking it is a scam)

    , Aug 25, 2005

  2. Hellraiser Guest

    > Problem 2
    > =========
    > Ignoring above, now I dial, say my home, phone rings 2-3 times then
    > VoipBuster says "connected" and hangs up. Or, if I actually answer the
    > phone - it disconnects in 2-3 seconds.

    Had a similar issue, it was due to either having Skype running as well, or
    it was down to Zonealarm - can't remember now!

    Hellraiser...........>

    Hellraiser, Aug 25, 2005

  3. David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, writes

    >Any help or hints apprecaited - otherwise I've wasted my money in the
    >account! (hence thinking it is a scam)

    Sorry I can't help you with your particular problem. But I will say
    that it's NOT a scam.

    It works perfectly with an ATA and phone. Make all my daytime outgoing
    calls with them, with perfect quality.

    DF

    David Floyd, Aug 25, 2005
  4. Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:01:30 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, writes
    >
    >>Any help or hints apprecaited - otherwise I've wasted my money in the
    >>account! (hence thinking it is a scam)
    >>

    >Sorry I can't help you with your particular problem. But I will say
    >that it's NOT a scam.
    >
    >It works perfectly with an ATA and phone. Make all my daytime outgoing
    >calls with them, with perfect quality.
    >
    >DF

    I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
    to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
    people would be interested in your settings.
    What ATA are you using btw.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 25, 2005
  5. David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Brian A writes
    >On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:01:30 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, writes
    >>
    >>>Any help or hints apprecaited - otherwise I've wasted my money in the
    >>>account! (hence thinking it is a scam)
    >>>

    >>Sorry I can't help you with your particular problem. But I will say
    >>that it's NOT a scam.
    >>
    >>It works perfectly with an ATA and phone. Make all my daytime outgoing
    >>calls with them, with perfect quality.
    >>
    >>DF

    >I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
    >to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
    >people would be interested in your settings.
    >What ATA are you using btw.

    People have got VoIPBuster to work on ATAs but not VoIPCheap.

    I use a Sipura3000, and since you can't receive incoming calls on
    VoIPBuster there's little point using up one of the registered lines. I
    therefore use it for outgoing calls on a gateway with settings:

    Gateway 4: <UserID>@sip.voipbuster.com
    GW4 NAT Mapping Enable: yes
    GW4 Auth ID: <UserID>
    GW4 Password: <password>

    David

    David Floyd, Aug 25, 2005
  6. davew Guest

    > I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
    > to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
    > people would be interested in your settings.
    > What ATA are you using btw.

    I'm using voipbuster on an Asterisk PBX, works fine. I am connecting
    via IAX not SIP. I read that they disabled SIP some time ago.

    davew, Aug 25, 2005
  7. Sean Guest

    David Floyd wrote:

    > Sorry I can't help you with your particular problem. But I will say
    > that it's NOT a scam.
    >
    > It works perfectly with an ATA and phone. Make all my daytime outgoing
    > calls with them, with perfect quality.
    >
    > DF

    Yes, i made a 3 way call today, was very loud and clear! :)

    Sean, Aug 25, 2005
  8. Sean Guest

    davew wrote:

    >> I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
    >> to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
    >> people would be interested in your settings.
    >> What ATA are you using btw.
    >>

    > I'm using voipbuster on an Asterisk PBX, works fine. I am connecting
    > via IAX not SIP. I read that they disabled SIP some time ago.

    I've been using SIP on my ATA for a few days :)

    Sean, Aug 25, 2005
  9. Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    > In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Brian A writes
    >> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:01:30 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, writes

    >>> Sorry I can't help you with your particular problem. But I will say
    >>> that it's NOT a scam.
    >>>
    >>> It works perfectly with an ATA and phone. Make all my daytime
    >>> outgoing calls with them, with perfect quality.
    >>>
    >>> DF

    >> I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
    >> to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
    >> people would be interested in your settings.
    >> What ATA are you using btw.
    >>

    > People have got VoIPBuster to work on ATAs but not VoIPCheap.
    >
    > I use a Sipura3000, and since you can't receive incoming calls on
    > VoIPBuster there's little point using up one of the registered lines.
    > I therefore use it for outgoing calls on a gateway with settings:
    >
    > Gateway 4: <UserID>@sip.voipbuster.com
    > GW4 NAT Mapping Enable: yes
    > GW4 Auth ID: <UserID>
    > GW4 Password: <password>
    >
    > David

    They gave me an 0845 incoming number, which I am able to receive calls on.

    For Free £10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or £5 when referred to
    easyMobile contact me via above site.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 26, 2005
  10. Al Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:21:55 +0100, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

    >They gave me an 0845 incoming number, which I am able to receive calls on.

    How did you get the 0845 number? I thought Voipbuster was only for
    outgoing calls.

    Al, Aug 26, 2005
  11. David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 26 Aug 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
    >Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    >>
    >> People have got VoIPBuster to work on ATAs but not VoIPCheap.
    >>
    >> I use a Sipura3000, and since you can't receive incoming calls on
    >> VoIPBuster there's little point using up one of the registered lines.
    >> I therefore use it for outgoing calls on a gateway with settings:
    >>
    >> Gateway 4: <UserID>@sip.voipbuster.com
    >> GW4 NAT Mapping Enable: yes
    >> GW4 Auth ID: <UserID>
    >> GW4 Password: <password>
    >>
    >> David

    >They gave me an 0845 incoming number, which I am able to receive calls on.

    Most customers do not have an incoming number.

    David

    David Floyd, Aug 26, 2005
  12. David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, davew writes

    >> I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
    >> to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
    >> people would be interested in your settings.
    >> What ATA are you using btw.
    >>

    >I'm using voipbuster on an Asterisk PBX, works fine. I am connecting
    >via IAX not SIP. I read that they disabled SIP some time ago.

    Not so. I use SIP every day regularly.

    David

    David Floyd, Aug 26, 2005
  13. Brian Guest

    On 25.08.2005, davew wrote:

    > I'm using voipbuster on an Asterisk PBX, works fine. I am connecting
    > via IAX not SIP. I read that they disabled SIP some time ago.

    For a short time a few months ago SIP was disabled and priority given to
    users of their software. It was then reinstated.

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 26, 2005
  14. davew Guest

    >> I'm using voipbuster on an Asterisk PBX, works fine. I am connecting
    >> via IAX not SIP. I read that they disabled SIP some time ago.

    > Not so. I use SIP every day regularly.
    >
    > David

    Where you one of the original beta testers or the second phase?

    davew, Aug 26, 2005
  15. David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 26 Aug 2005, davew writes

    >>> I'm using voipbuster on an Asterisk PBX, works fine. I am
    >>>connecting via IAX not SIP. I read that they disabled SIP some time
    >>>

    >> Not so. I use SIP every day regularly.
    >> David

    >Where you one of the original beta testers or the second phase?

    Don't know - is there a distinction? - if so, how do you tell? - and
    what difference does it make?

    The only difference that I know of is that some have an 0845 number but
    I do not.

    David

    David Floyd, Aug 26, 2005
  16. Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:01:56 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Brian A writes
    >>On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:01:30 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>In message of Thu, 25 Aug 2005, writes

    >>>Sorry I can't help you with your particular problem. But I will say
    >>>that it's NOT a scam.
    >>>
    >>>It works perfectly with an ATA and phone. Make all my daytime outgoing
    >>>calls with them, with perfect quality.
    >>>
    >>>DF

    >>I see postings on some voip forums that say you can't get voipbuster
    >>to work on an ATA. If you have it all working then I am sure that
    >>people would be interested in your settings.
    >>What ATA are you using btw.
    >>

    >People have got VoIPBuster to work on ATAs but not VoIPCheap.
    >
    >I use a Sipura3000, and since you can't receive incoming calls on
    >VoIPBuster there's little point using up one of the registered lines. I
    >therefore use it for outgoing calls on a gateway
    >David

    For the very reason you state I have been considering a SPA-1001.
    This is the only Sipura ATA which has the facility to switch between
    providers. Despite having only one handset port you can set up 2
    providers. Afaik whichever provider 'rings in' the phone responds.
    However, you can switch outgoing with a '#' and get a different dial
    tone too.
    This is what I have gleaned by looking at postings, viewing software
    update notes and the pdf on the Sipura site. If the 3000 had this
    facility I'd go for that but the 1001 appears to be the only model
    with this facility.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 26, 2005
  17. Sean Guest

    Brian A wrote:

    > For the very reason you state I have been considering a SPA-1001.
    > This is the only Sipura ATA which has the facility to switch between
    > providers. Despite having only one handset port you can set up 2
    > providers. Afaik whichever provider 'rings in' the phone responds.
    > However, you can switch outgoing with a '#' and get a different dial
    > tone too.
    > This is what I have gleaned by looking at postings, viewing software
    > update notes and the pdf on the Sipura site. If the 3000 had this
    > facility I'd go for that but the 1001 appears to be the only model
    > with this facility.
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    I have a combine-a-line from ebay, a 2 line switch allowing you to use a
    phone on 2 lines :) I use it with the linksys PAP2

    Sean, Aug 26, 2005
  18. Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:28:49 +0100, Sean
    <> wrote:

    >Brian A wrote:
    >
    >> For the very reason you state I have been considering a SPA-1001.
    >> This is the only Sipura ATA which has the facility to switch between
    >> providers. Despite having only one handset port you can set up 2
    >> providers. Afaik whichever provider 'rings in' the phone responds.
    >> However, you can switch outgoing with a '#' and get a different dial
    >> tone too.
    >> This is what I have gleaned by looking at postings, viewing software
    >> update notes and the pdf on the Sipura site. If the 3000 had this
    >> facility I'd go for that but the 1001 appears to be the only model
    >> with this facility.
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >I have a combine-a-line from ebay, a 2 line switch allowing you to use a
    >phone on 2 lines :) I use it with the linksys PAP2

    I have entered 'combine-a-line' into the ebay search box and got
    nothing. I tried a google site search on ebay and got the same.
    On one site there was a supposed link to a wmv but it wasn't there.
    All the google links I have found have been poor to the extent that it
    looked like a scam product but, as you have one of these I assume not.
    Have you got a URL where I can read about this product?
    Was this a UK sale or US? All the stuff I see is US.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 26, 2005
  19. Sean Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:28:49 +0100, Sean
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Brian A wrote:
    >>

    >>>For the very reason you state I have been considering a SPA-1001.
    >>>This is the only Sipura ATA which has the facility to switch between
    >>>providers. Despite having only one handset port you can set up 2
    >>>providers. Afaik whichever provider 'rings in' the phone responds.
    >>>However, you can switch outgoing with a '#' and get a different dial
    >>>tone too.
    >>>This is what I have gleaned by looking at postings, viewing software
    >>>update notes and the pdf on the Sipura site. If the 3000 had this
    >>>facility I'd go for that but the 1001 appears to be the only model
    >>>with this facility.
    >>>
    >>>Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >>I have a combine-a-line from ebay, a 2 line switch allowing you to use a
    >>phone on 2 lines :) I use it with the linksys PAP2

    > I have entered 'combine-a-line' into the ebay search box and got
    > nothing. I tried a google site search on ebay and got the same.
    > On one site there was a supposed link to a wmv but it wasn't there.
    > All the google links I have found have been poor to the extent that it
    > looked like a scam product but, as you have one of these I assume not.
    > Have you got a URL where I can read about this product?
    > Was this a UK sale or US? All the stuff I see is US.
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    http://search.ebay.com/TELEPHONE-VOIP-2-Line-AUTOMATIC-SWITCH-Motorola-Secure_W0QQfromZR41

    They are from the US, and don't have things like CE marks......... But i
    just got one and it's rather cool for £15

    Sean, Aug 26, 2005
  20. David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Brian A writes
    >On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:01:56 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >>I use a Sipura3000, and since you can't receive incoming calls on
    >>VoIPBuster there's little point using up one of the registered lines. I
    >>therefore use it for outgoing calls on a gateway
    >>David

    >For the very reason you state I have been considering a SPA-1001.
    >This is the only Sipura ATA which has the facility to switch between
    >providers. Despite having only one handset port you can set up 2
    >providers. Afaik whichever provider 'rings in' the phone responds.
    >However, you can switch outgoing with a '#' and get a different dial
    >tone too.
    >This is what I have gleaned by looking at postings, viewing software
    >update notes and the pdf on the Sipura site. If the 3000 had this
    >facility I'd go for that but the 1001 appears to be the only model
    >with this facility.

    Depends how you want to use it. The SPA3000 has the facility to use 4
    gateways (for 4 different suppliers) for outgoing calls, but not for
    incoming. Only 1 incoming VoIP line and 1 POTS line although you can
    use a VoIP on the POTS line.

    That suits me as VoIPBuster is outgoing only, so I have that on GW4 and
    JustDialVoIP on the VoIP line.

    David

    David Floyd, Aug 26, 2005