    hour free. It is cheap so that is good.

    --
    Regards Paul Hanson

    Paul Hanson, Jan 10, 2007

  2. Paul Hanson

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:52:04 -0000, "Paul Hanson"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
    >one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
    >hour free. It is cheap so that is good.

    I pay 2p/call. That means, for that money, I could make 247
    calls/month or average approximately 8 calls per day.
    If you are only allowed ONE, one hour call, inclusive, in that what
    is the £4.95 for ?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jan 11, 2007

  3. Paul Hanson

    speckled hen Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:52:04 -0000, "Paul Hanson"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi there,
    > >
    > >Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
    > >one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
    > >hour free. It is cheap so that is good.

    > I pay 2p/call. That means, for that money, I could make 247
    > calls/month or average approximately 8 calls per day.
    > If you are only allowed ONE, one hour call, inclusive, in that what
    > is the £4.95 for ?
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    No you have misunderstood, you can make as many calls as you want
    (O1,02) not mobiles or 08xxx but each call that goes over the 1hour
    will be charged.
    I tell my family its 3/4 hr so by the time they say their goodbyes the
    hour would be up.

    speckled hen, Jan 11, 2007
  4. Paul Hanson

    Ian Pawson Guest

    Paul Hanson wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
    > one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
    > hour free. It is cheap so that is good.

    But you get exactly the same service from voip.co.uk for £1.99 per
    month, so the BT offering is more than twice the price!!!!

    Ian Pawson, Jan 11, 2007
  5. Paul Hanson

    Guest

    Hi,

    You could also want to check competition on VOIP from
    http://www.speedtest-online.co.uk/ by typing voip onto search box at
    home page to see your options. Hoping this will help...pappa

    PS. Despite the fact that I bought BT.A shares from FTSE today and
    naturally would like to their price to go up I think it is always good
    to compare prices before making any kind of financial commitment...p

    Paul Hanson wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
    > one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
    > hour free. It is cheap so that is good.
    >
    > --
    > Regards Paul Hanson

    , Jan 11, 2007
  6. Paul Hanson

    Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:40:16 GMT, Ian Pawson <> wrote:

    >Paul Hanson wrote:
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
    >> one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
    >> hour free. It is cheap so that is good.
    >>

    >But you get exactly the same service from voip.co.uk for £1.99 per
    >month, so the BT offering is more than twice the price!!!!

    And LESS than half the price of a fixed line from BT and three pounds
    cheaper than Vonage . If you want quality you have to pay for it end
    of story .

    , Jan 11, 2007
  7. On 11 Jan 2007 04:40:44 -0800, wrote:

    >You could also want to check competition on VOIP from

    a spammer trying to sell a site. No thanks. Report filed.

    Phil

    No more cable clowns :))

    Phil Thompson, Jan 11, 2007
  8. Paul Hanson

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Hanson" <> wrote in
    message news:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month
    > you can make one one hour call for free and if you ring
    > back after that you can have another hour free. It is
    > cheap so that is good.

    So you're saying that if I pay £4.95 a month I can make free calls..?

    Hmm, the word "oxymoron" springs to mind.....

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 11, 2007
  9. Paul Hanson

    Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:35:32 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Paul Hanson" <> wrote in
    >message news:
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month
    >> you can make one one hour call for free and if you ring
    >> back after that you can have another hour free. It is
    >> cheap so that is good.

    >So you're saying that if I pay £4.95 a month I can make free calls..?
    >
    >Hmm, the word "oxymoron" springs to mind.....
    >

    >Ivor

    The 4.95 is line rental Ivor nothing at all to do with call charges .

    , Jan 11, 2007
  10. <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:35:32 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Paul Hanson" <> wrote in
    >>message news:
    >>> Hi there,
    >>>
    >>> Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month
    >>> you can make one one hour call for free and if you ring
    >>> back after that you can have another hour free. It is
    >>> cheap so that is good.

    >>So you're saying that if I pay £4.95 a month I can make free calls..?
    >>
    >>Hmm, the word "oxymoron" springs to mind.....
    >>

    > The 4.95 is line rental Ivor nothing at all to do with call charges .

    Line rental, how many times can they charge for that per month?
    Remove the 'oxy', and a more appropriate word appears.

    Harry Stottle, Jan 11, 2007
  11. Paul Hanson

    Brian Guest

    On 2007-01-11, Ivor Jones <> wrote:

    > "Paul Hanson" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can
    >> make one one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you
    >> can have another hour free. It is cheap so that is good.

    > So you're saying that if I pay £4.95 a month I can make free calls..?
    >
    > Hmm, the word "oxymoron" springs to mind.....

    Not here it doesn't. But a two word reply could be instructive, helpful
    and enlightening. I trust I am not tempting fate.

    Brian.

    Brian, Jan 11, 2007
  12. On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:57:39 -0000, "Harry Stottle"
    <> wrote:

    >Line rental, how many times can they charge for that per month?

    rental of the VoIP "line" and the hardware ATA perhaps. Not all BTBBT
    users are on ADSL so it may be the only line rental they pay BT.

    Phil

    No more cable clowns :))

    Phil Thompson, Jan 11, 2007
  13. Brian wrote:

    > Not here it doesn't. But a two word reply could be instructive, helpful
    > and enlightening. I trust I am not tempting fate.
    >
    > Brian.

    I could be wrong, but I get the strange feeling you've been listening to
    Humphey Littleton too much.

    Thomas Kenyon, Jan 12, 2007
  14. Paul Hanson

    Guest

    Phil,

    How wrong you are! No SPAM no selling the site just trying to give you
    and the others a possibility to compare what is on offer on WEB. Shame
    on you blaming the wrong 'tree'...pappa

    Phil Thompson wrote:
    > On 11 Jan 2007 04:40:44 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > >You could also want to check competition on VOIP from

    > a spammer trying to sell a site. No thanks. Report filed.
    >
    > Phil
    > --
    >
    > Usenet spam eaten by a Hamster http://www.tglsoft.de/
    > No more cable clowns :))
    > Please do not feed or re-quote the trolls.

    , Jan 12, 2007
  15. On 11 Jan 2007 23:01:15 -0800, wrote:

    >How wrong you are! No SPAM

    I beg to differ. Repeat posting of the same message = spam.

    Being a top poster adds to the irritation.

    > no selling the site

    really ?

    "The owner of getbroadband-online.co.uk is offering it for sale for an
    asking price of 1,234 £!" from the latest spam, same thing on the one
    you spammed yesterday..

    "The owner of speedtest-online.co.uk is offering it for sale for an
    asking price of 1,111 £!"

    > just trying to give you
    > and the others a possibility to compare what is on offer on WEB

    thankyou for your consideration, but the sites you spam are shit so
    you are wasting yours and our time and bandwidth.

    You are just trying to drive up the hit counts of crappy domain names
    that are for sale. If not then link to something useful in a credible
    manner.

    Phil
    --
    Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :)

    Phil Thompson, Jan 12, 2007
  16. Paul Hanson

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Ian Pawson writes
    >Paul Hanson wrote:
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
    >> one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
    >> hour free. It is cheap so that is good.
    >>

    >But you get exactly the same service from voip.co.uk for £1.99 per
    >month, so the BT offering is more than twice the price!!!!

    And the daytime rate is cheaper too.

    David Floyd, Jan 13, 2007
  17. Paul Hanson

    ale.cx Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > Brian wrote:
    > >
    > > Not here it doesn't. But a two word reply could be instructive, helpful
    > > and enlightening. I trust I am not tempting fate.

    > I could be wrong, but I get the strange feeling you've been listening to
    > Humphey Littleton too much.

    You're wrong. No-one can hear too much big band, swing or jazz.

    alexd

    ale.cx, Jan 13, 2007
  18. On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:55:59 +0000, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Ian Pawson writes
    >>Paul Hanson wrote:
    >>> Hi there,
    >>>
    >>> Voip with BT Total Broadband is good and for 4.95 a month you can make one
    >>> one hour call for free and if you ring back after that you can have another
    >>> hour free. It is cheap so that is good.
    >>>

    >>But you get exactly the same service from voip.co.uk for £1.99 per
    >>month, so the BT offering is more than twice the price!!!!

    >And the daytime rate is cheaper too.

    And they give you a geographic number as opposed to the 05 number from
    BT.

    Steve in Herts, Jan 13, 2007
  19. Paul Hanson

    Guest

    Phil,

    With all due respect I see where you are coming from. However if you
    want to buy those Domains (not sites) you need to contact the seller. I
    found a list of domains/sites from iii-online.co.uk site at find it
    page. Since then I've used various of listed sites to quickly find
    comparison info for whatever I've been looking for and made good
    savings on the process. Reasons for me liking to use listed URL''s to
    my advantage are there is always only one page of search results.
    There never seems to be dead links. All offers seem to genuine ie.
    approved by both Google and SEDO. There is clear synopsis (often with
    quoted price) for each link easing my desicion making. In short it
    seems to be much easier than traditional Googling when I need to find
    something quickly (to purchase) especially since my incurable
    degenerative neurological condition makes it harder and harder to use
    my PC. When you reach the age of 80 or more (God willing) you will have
    better understanding and appreciation of getting things done with fewer
    key strokes, I am sure. My apologies for any inconvenience I may have
    caused to you or to anyone else. Alll the best for you in the
    future...pappa

    Phil Thompson wrote:
    > On 11 Jan 2007 23:01:15 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > >How wrong you are! No SPAM

    > I beg to differ. Repeat posting of the same message = spam.
    >
    > Being a top poster adds to the irritation.
    >
    > > no selling the site

    > really ?
    >
    > "The owner of getbroadband-online.co.uk is offering it for sale for an
    > asking price of 1,234 £!" from the latest spam, same thing on the one
    > you spammed yesterday..
    >
    > "The owner of speedtest-online.co.uk is offering it for sale for an
    > asking price of 1,111 £!"
    >
    > > just trying to give you
    > > and the others a possibility to compare what is on offer on WEB

    > thankyou for your consideration, but the sites you spam are shit so
    > you are wasting yours and our time and bandwidth.
    >
    > You are just trying to drive up the hit counts of crappy domain names
    > that are for sale. If not then link to something useful in a credible
    > manner.
    >
    > Phil
    > --
    > Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :)

    , Jan 13, 2007