    My question is has anybody had any experience with AT&T CallVantage,
    SunRocket, or Vonage and replayTV? Did you need to lower the baud rate on
    the Replay? What bandwidth does your internet connection have?

    Steve Weavers, Jul 17, 2005

  2. Steve Weavers

    John Sutter Guest

    I'm afraid I can't answer for those particular VOIP carriers, but I have tried
    several with my asterisk system as well as none (just asterisk). What I found
    out is that some of the early replay boxes had a noisy modem chip. This was
    also confirmed by PacBell who said it was screwing up my DSL line (before I went
    VOIP). I haven't tried my 5000 yet (no need to with the network connection).

    If you have one with a noisy chip, that could be a problem.

    -- John

    John Sutter, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Steve Weavers

    ubifone Guest

    Dear Steve,

    I would recommend you to visit the site:

    http://www.uninumber.ubifone.com/

    and discover the advanced VoIP world.

    Please do feel free to contact me for further questions you may have.

    Kind Regards,

    Sam.
    -------------------------------------

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forum

    ubifone, Jul 29, 2005
  4. The SunRocket VoIP is now installed and works well as a phone line. The land
    line is no more. But, I am not able to make the rtv3030 connect. It will
    dial, there is a modem exchange, but then it just fails. Do you know how I
    can find out if I have a "noisy chip"?

    The VoIP gateway is a Telco Access 211. Getting good information on this
    device seems to be difficult, but it is advertised as supporting a fax
    machine.

    Steve Weavers, Aug 28, 2005
  5. Steve Weavers wrote:
    > The SunRocket VoIP is now installed and works well as a phone line. The land
    > line is no more. But, I am not able to make the rtv3030 connect. It will
    > dial, there is a modem exchange, but then it just fails. Do you know how I
    > can find out if I have a "noisy chip"?
    >
    > The VoIP gateway is a Telco Access 211. Getting good information on this
    > device seems to be difficult,

    Try here: http://support.telco.com/products.php?id=40&pid=18

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Aug 28, 2005