    other VOIP providers. Anyone got any ideas where I could get one?

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Apr 2, 2009

  2. On 2 Apr, 11:13, Alasdair <> wrote:
    > I recently bought a Skype handset (made by Belkin) on Ebay.  It works
    > very well and I don't need to have my computer switched on to use it
    > as it connects directly to my wireless router.  This unit seems to be
    > Skype specific but I would like a similar unit which would work with
    > other VOIP providers.  Anyone got any ideas where I could get one?
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    How about the e51 with Fring.com installed not tried it myself :)

    Steve Hammond, Apr 2, 2009

  3. On 2 Apr, 11:13, Alasdair <> wrote:
    > I recently bought a Skype handset (made by Belkin) on Ebay.  It works
    > very well and I don't need to have my computer switched on to use it
    > as it connects directly to my wireless router.  This unit seems to be
    > Skype specific but I would like a similar unit which would work with
    > other VOIP providers.  Anyone got any ideas where I could get one?
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    Sorry the Nokia E51

    Steve Hammond, Apr 2, 2009
  4. Alasdair wrote:
    > I recently bought a Skype handset (made by Belkin) on Ebay. It works
    > very well and I don't need to have my computer switched on to use it
    > as it connects directly to my wireless router. This unit seems to be
    > Skype specific but I would like a similar unit which would work with
    > other VOIP providers. Anyone got any ideas where I could get one?
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    Í have a linksys WIP 330 that does that.
    Sipgate.co.uk are selling the starcom. And you could also buy a mobile
    phone with fring on it. I am using the Nokia E61

    Henkie Penkie, Apr 2, 2009
  5. Alasdair

    Graham. Guest

    "Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    >I recently bought a Skype handset (made by Belkin) on Ebay. It works
    > very well and I don't need to have my computer switched on to use it
    > as it connects directly to my wireless router. This unit seems to be
    > Skype specific but I would like a similar unit which would work with
    > other VOIP providers. Anyone got any ideas where I could get one?
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    There is an alternative to a wi-fi VoIP phone that you may not have
    thought about, this is an analogue telephone adapter (ATA).
    It's a box that plugs into your router and you plug your existing
    phone or DECT base-station into the ATA.

    Look for those that support the SIP protocol examples are
    AVM "Fritz! box" range
    Sipura
    Linksys
    Do you know which VoIP provider(s) you want to use?
    Do you need incoming calls on a geographic number?
    Do you want to use the same handset for calls to/from the PSTN?
    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Apr 2, 2009
  6. Alasdair

    Ian Pawson Guest

    Alasdair wrote:
    > I recently bought a Skype handset (made by Belkin) on Ebay. It works
    > very well and I don't need to have my computer switched on to use it
    > as it connects directly to my wireless router. This unit seems to be
    > Skype specific but I would like a similar unit which would work with
    > other VOIP providers. Anyone got any ideas where I could get one?
    >
    > --
    > Alasdair.

    Try a Gigaset C475IP DECT phone. Plugs into the router and handles both
    voip and fixed lines calls.

    Ian Pawson, Apr 2, 2009
  7. Alasdair

    Guest

    Ian Pawson schreef:
    > Alasdair wrote:
    >> I recently bought a Skype handset (made by Belkin) on Ebay. It works
    >> very well and I don't need to have my computer switched on to use it
    >> as it connects directly to my wireless router. This unit seems to be
    >> Skype specific but I would like a similar unit which would work with
    >> other VOIP providers. Anyone got any ideas where I could get one?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Alasdair.

    > Try a Gigaset C475IP DECT phone. Plugs into the router and handles both
    > voip and fixed lines calls.

    Does this model has a pass through ethernet option ? or just one
    ethernet port ?

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Apr 5, 2009
  8. Alasdair

    Paul Hayes Guest

    lid wrote:
    > Ian Pawson schreef:
    >> Alasdair wrote:
    >>> I recently bought a Skype handset (made by Belkin) on Ebay. It works
    >>> very well and I don't need to have my computer switched on to use it
    >>> as it connects directly to my wireless router. This unit seems to be
    >>> Skype specific but I would like a similar unit which would work with
    >>> other VOIP providers. Anyone got any ideas where I could get one?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Alasdair.

    >> Try a Gigaset C475IP DECT phone. Plugs into the router and handles both
    >> voip and fixed lines calls.

    > Does this model has a pass through ethernet option ? or just one
    > ethernet port ?

    Just one ethernet port.

    Paul Hayes, Apr 6, 2009