    Note - I have a com library for codec support.

    Regards,
    chum

    chum, Nov 22, 2005

  2. chum

    Martin² Guest

    Vonage have got one on their website, maybe you can have peek...
    (haven't seen it, not a customer, but seems a good idea)
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Nov 23, 2005

  3. chum

    alexd Guest

    chum wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > I have this task of making a web dialer. A dialer that can be used to
    > make PC to PC and PC to PSTN calls using internet without downloading
    > any software(through a url). It should work for browsers like ie,
    > netscape, firefox etc.
    >
    > My understanding is - i would either have to use Java Applet or ActiveX
    > componenet.
    > 1. Which would be a better option to use?
    > 2. Whichever is the best option - can anyone give me pointers of how
    > to go about it.
    > Note - I have a com library for codec support.

    ActiveX will only ever work with IE on Windows, a horribly clap-ridden
    platform that nobody in their right mind should be using. It's basically
    the same as running an executable in a browser window.

    Probably Java would be your best bet. If you're brave, you could try Flash
    or AJAX ;-)

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:41:25 up 20 days, 22:16, 4 users, load average: 0.78, 0.81, 0.68

    alexd, Nov 23, 2005
  4. chum

    chum Guest

    Thanks,
    1. yes, java(applets) would be the right option for making it browser
    independent. However, with that i would need codec library for
    G729,GSM,G711 etc. written in java. I wonder if thats available at all.
    I am not getting any information on the same.inputs?

    2. Would it mandatory to use 'java' Sip Library as well?

    Shelly

    chum, Nov 25, 2005
  5. chum

    Trinidad

    Joined:
    May 30, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Trinidad, May 30, 2011
  6. chum

    pavel.ismailov

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    You can also try www.flashphoner.com

    This is full-featured RTMP-SIP server for calls from browser.
    It have built-in javascript phone, so that meets your needs...
    You can simply create your own webdialer with that.

    Functions:
    - Audio - Speex, g.711, g.729
    - Video - h.263, h.264
    - SIP - calls, transfer, hold, DTMF, IM chat
    - API - ActionScript, JavaScript
    - Open source client
    - Open source server java app

    --