    Not sure what software, hardware can do that.

    Thank you.

    , Feb 21, 2006

  2. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Hi, I am newbie in VOIP. Just want to do something very
    > simple. I am in Melbourne, and we have a branch office in
    > Sydney, with private VPN connection. I want to put a VOIP
    > to PSTN gateway there. So that I can run VOIP client
    > program on my PC, connect to the gateway, and make calls
    > to Sydney through PSTN. By do this, I only pay local
    > calls.
    >
    > There is no need to connect all the user in Sydney
    > office, as we all use skype.

    Why..?! A SIP service using ordinary phones is much better, surely..?

    > Not sure what software, hardware can do that.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Sipura 3000 will do this - www.sipura.com

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    With Sipura 3000, do I put it in Sydney, connect it to the IP network
    and PSTN, and use SIP client in Melbourne?

    Thanks.

    Weili

    , Feb 21, 2006
  4. shido xavier Guest

    wrote:
    > With Sipura 3000, do I put it in Sydney, connect it to the IP network
    > and PSTN, and use SIP client in Melbourne?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Weili

    What is it you want to do? Be very specific.

    -sx

    IM:

    shido xavier, Feb 21, 2006
  5. Marc Popek Guest

    There is an automatic switching device to simplify the voip and pstn
    connections. plus other features.. Called Combine-a-line..

    Marc
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5869416579&rd=1&sspagenam
    e=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

    Marc Popek, Feb 22, 2006
  6. Guest

    Hi,
    What I want is very simple. I am in Melbourne city, and I want to
    put a unit in our Sydney city office. When I need to call someone in
    Sydney, I can connect from my computer to the unit in Sydney by using
    our private network, and unit can convert my voice over IP to PSNT. So
    that I only pay Sydney local calls even though I am calling from
    Melbourne.

    Weili

    , Feb 22, 2006
  7. why dont u install asterisk as voip gateway in sidney? u only have to
    buy an fxo card from digium for the PSTN line and spare a decent PC for
    the gateway.

    valentino.rossi.85, Feb 22, 2006
  8. <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > What I want is very simple. I am in Melbourne city, and I want to
    > put a unit in our Sydney city office. When I need to call someone in
    > Sydney, I can connect from my computer to the unit in Sydney by using
    > our private network, and unit can convert my voice over IP to PSNT. So
    > that I only pay Sydney local calls even though I am calling from
    > Melbourne.

    Weili,

    You may use a pair of Sipura SPA-3000's . See e.g.
    http://www.sipura.com/support/spa3000faq/Section_2.html#4 ; you may also
    go through the office's PBX rather than connecting the device to an
    external line. And the arrangement may be easily made symmetrical: someone
    calling from Sydney might dial out to Melbourne's PSTN.

    If you can't find a local dealer, Sipura products are sold on the web by
    several internet shops (www.voipsupply.com , www.telephonyware.com ,
    http://store.voxilla.com/ ...). Before choosing one, check not only the
    price of the unit but also the shipping charges. In my experience, to ship
    to Hong Kong Telephonyware is the least expensive (~USD 24 for
    Speedpost/EMS freight, vs ~USD 40 from other shops).

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Feb 24, 2006
  9. Guest

    1. Thank you Valentino for giving me the information. I will have a
    look at it.

    2. Thank you very much Enzo for pointing the direction. For the
    Spa-3000 example, I am just wondering if I can use a software SIP
    client on one sie, and a SPA-3000 on the other side instead of Spa-3000
    on both sides.

    Thanks.

    , Feb 24, 2006
  10. <> wrote in message
    > 1. Thank you Valentino for giving me the information. I will have a
    > look at it.
    >
    > 2. Thank you very much Enzo for pointing the direction. For the
    > Spa-3000 example, I am just wondering if I can use a software SIP
    > client on one sie, and a SPA-3000 on the other side instead of Spa-3000
    > on both sides.

    Yes, but of course a softphone can't do half of the work usually done by
    the SPA-3000: the connection to the PSTN on its side.

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Feb 25, 2006
  11. LVMarc Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi, I am newbie in VOIP. Just want to do something very simple. I am in
    > Melbourne, and we have a branch office in Sydney, with private VPN
    > connection. I want to put a VOIP to PSTN gateway there. So that I can
    > run VOIP client program on my PC, connect to the gateway, and make
    > calls to Sydney through PSTN. By do this, I only pay local calls.
    >
    > There is no need to connect all the user in Sydney office, as we all
    > use skype.
    >
    > Not sure what software, hardware can do that.
    >
    > Thank you.

    you need the clt, you have exacty desrbied it here..

    Description

    COMBINE-A-LINE …… IMAGINE

    ….1=2

    Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone, answering
    machine, or PC Modem on TWO phone lines?…. Automatically?

    OR

    How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone
    jack into a single handset?

    OR

    How about joining TWO VOIP ports into a single handset, answering
    machine, or PC Modem?

    USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone as
    well!

    OR

    see if anybody picks-up, on another line trunk, after you are already
    in a call??? A visual real-time security feedback feature!

    THEN...........................................

    Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different lines
    to be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC.
    Centralizing and PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication
    equipment for your home office or for the family.

    Combine-A-Line supports all services from your telephone company . It
    also has two line surge protectors to make sure that you are Protecting
    your equipment and bi-color LEDS to indicate line tampering.

    Use combine-a-line to automatically switch between

    VOIP and pots (rboc) plain local line, hands free!

    Turn your single line wireless telephone... into a TWO line wireless
    telephone suite

    Ever see a two line dial up modem? Now you can use a CLT to join two
    pstn line to your computer modem, creating a central telephone system on
    a regular desktop computer.

    SECURITY of your calls are enhanced because the CLT displays if anybody
    picks -up the line after you are in a call! So, it has security features
    just in case someone is wire tapping or listens in after you are in a
    call. The Bi-color LED display will indicate any disruption to the line.

    Easy to use, No batteries nor power supply ...these wall powered units
    makes more noise and cost decades of dollars in electrical energy use
    each year!, and no programming needed!

    Our re-sellers have reported that ..."elimination of the noisy and
    cumbersome power supply wires, "reduces the Hum & Noise one hears then
    when connected to household power supplies",

    Saves Wasted Energy from wall- wart transformer power supplies: saving
    energy $$$ all year long" no cost to operate, saves you money in your
    utility bill", Energy Council Amercias

    Extra dedicated rj-11 jacks. Universal I/O . More connections with four
    rj-11 jacks total, all surge protected.

    Automate and organize your telecommunications equipment and desktop
    wires with Combine-A-Line.

    USE BUY NOW and win fast

    Buy NOw and get 2 combine-a-lines and get FREE SHIPPING OPTION

    WOW FREE SHIPPING!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...00028438205&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

    LVMarc, Sep 18, 2006