    Anyone found anything cheaper?

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Sep 27, 2006

  2. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt was thinking very hard :
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just wondering what the cheapest peak rate to call a mobile (orange)
    > via VOIP that anyone has found.
    >
    > Currently paying 12.5p/min
    >
    > Anyone found anything cheaper?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >

    > Matthew

    http://www.voipcheap.com/en/rates.html#letu

    c. 5ppm

    Jono, Sep 27, 2006

  3. Matt

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:32:03 +0100, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >Matt was thinking very hard :
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Just wondering what the cheapest peak rate to call a mobile (orange)
    >> via VOIP that anyone has found.
    >>
    >> Currently paying 12.5p/min
    >>
    >> Anyone found anything cheaper?
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>

    >> Matthew

    >http://www.voipcheap.com/en/rates.html#letu
    >
    >c. 5ppm

    Just checked it. 7p inc VAT
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Skype Free Zone!!

    Brian A, Sep 27, 2006
  4. Matt

    wrote:

    >Matt was thinking very hard :
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Just wondering what the cheapest peak rate to call a mobile (orange)
    >> via VOIP that anyone has found.
    >>
    >> Currently paying 12.5p/min
    >>
    >> Anyone found anything cheaper?
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>

    >> Matthew

    >http://www.voipcheap.com/en/rates.html#letu
    >
    >c. 5ppm

    OOOps SORRY my last post was wrong - in cents.
    You were right 4.9p at the latest exchange rate.

    Brian A, Sep 27, 2006
  5. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Brian A wrote on 27/09/2006 :

    >> http://www.voipcheap.com/en/rates.html#letu
    >>
    >> c. 5ppm
    >>

    > Just checked it. 7p inc VAT

    So did I, before I posted the link.

    It's 6.96 Euro Cents per minute.....not /quite/ 7p ......last time I
    checked the exchange rate, anyway.

    It's actually 5.57p/min including VAT

    Jono, Sep 27, 2006
  6. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Matt was thinking very hard :
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Just wondering what the cheapest peak rate to call a mobile (orange)
    > > via VOIP that anyone has found.
    > >
    > > Currently paying 12.5p/min
    > >
    > > Anyone found anything cheaper?
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >

    > > Matthew

    > http://www.voipcheap.com/en/rates.html#letu
    >
    > c. 5ppm

    Cheers Jono,

    I'd check the other finera offerings, but missed that one!

    Any chance of posting the AAH config for voipcheap?

    Many thanks

    Matt

    Matt, Sep 27, 2006
  7. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Brian A expressed precisely :

    > OOOps SORRY my last post was wrong - in cents.
    > You were right 4.9p at the latest exchange rate.
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    > Skype Free Zone!!

    Ignore my whinge! crossed in the post ;-)

    Jono, Sep 27, 2006
  8. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt expressed precisely :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Matt was thinking very hard :
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Just wondering what the cheapest peak rate to call a mobile (orange)
    >>> via VOIP that anyone has found.
    >>>
    >>> Currently paying 12.5p/min
    >>>
    >>> Anyone found anything cheaper?
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks
    >>>

    >>> Matthew

    >> http://www.voipcheap.com/en/rates.html#letu
    >>
    >> c. 5ppm

    > Cheers Jono,
    >
    > I'd check the other finera offerings, but missed that one!
    >
    > Any chance of posting the AAH config for voipcheap?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >

    > Matt

    Ah well, I suspect they're very similar to all the others, however, I
    don't use them (yet) myself, as I have a GSM connection for my Asterisk
    & no need to use a VoIP carrier for mobile calls.

    Jono, Sep 27, 2006
  9. Matt

    Jono Guest

    Matt has brought this to us :

    > Cheers Jono,

    Where've you been, anyway?

    Jono, Sep 27, 2006
  10. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Matt expressed precisely :
    > > Jono wrote:
    > >> Matt was thinking very hard :

    > >> http://www.voipcheap.com/en/rates.html#letu
    > >>
    > >> c. 5ppm

    > > Cheers Jono,
    > >
    > > I'd check the other finera offerings, but missed that one!
    > >
    > > Any chance of posting the AAH config for voipcheap?
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >

    > > Matt

    > Ah well, I suspect they're very similar to all the others, however, I
    > don't use them (yet) myself, as I have a GSM connection for my Asterisk
    > & no need to use a VoIP carrier for mobile calls.

    Not that advanced yet, waiting till we move house and get a chance to
    re-config things.

    Will need to source another Sipura and a suitable sim card. You using
    a premicell or similar?

    Matt, Sep 27, 2006
  11. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Matt has brought this to us :
    >

    > > Cheers Jono,

    > Where've you been, anyway?

    Nowhere in particular. Got caught out by e7even going bust and being
    without adsl for about 6 weeks!

    Might move trixbox for my epia board when we move - if it all goes
    through this time!

    Cheers for the info,

    Matt

    Matt, Sep 27, 2006
  12. Matt

    Jono Guest

    It happens that Matt formulated :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Matt has brought this to us :
    >>

    >>> Cheers Jono,

    >> Where've you been, anyway?

    > Nowhere in particular. Got caught out by e7even going bust and being
    > without adsl for about 6 weeks!

    Oh dear.

    > Might move trixbox for my epia board when we move - if it all goes
    > through this time!

    I notice CentOS is up to version 4.4 now - wonder if they've fixed the
    issues surrounding its installation on the Epia boards - I doubt it, so
    make sure you come back for some tips. (I think the lates Trixbox uses
    v4.3, anyway)

    Best bet is to install CentOS downloaded form a torrent and then
    install the tar.gz of trixbox

    Jono, Sep 27, 2006
  13. Matt

    Jono Guest

    It happens that Matt formulated :
    >> I have a GSM connection for my Asterisk
    >> & no need to use a VoIP carrier for mobile calls.

    > Not that advanced yet, waiting till we move house and get a chance to
    > re-config things.
    >
    > Will need to source another Sipura and a suitable sim card. You using
    > a premicell or similar?

    I thought we'd already had this conversation........I'm using an spa3k
    in conjunction with a Dock-n-Talk.

    Jono, Sep 27, 2006
  14. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > It happens that Matt formulated :
    > >> I have a GSM connection for my Asterisk
    > >> & no need to use a VoIP carrier for mobile calls.

    > > Not that advanced yet, waiting till we move house and get a chance to
    > > re-config things.
    > >
    > > Will need to source another Sipura and a suitable sim card. You using
    > > a premicell or similar?

    > I thought we'd already had this conversation........I'm using an spa3k
    > in conjunction with a Dock-n-Talk.

    We probably did....

    Matt, Sep 27, 2006
  15. Matt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I thought we'd already had this conversation........I'm
    > using an spa3k in conjunction with a Dock-n-Talk.

    Totally off topic and *not* a complaint, I promise, but why is it almost
    everyone seems to refer to the Sipura 3000 as a "3k" - is it too hard to
    type three 0's..?!

    Before anyone asks, it's a purely personal thing, it just looks wrong to
    me..! I don't know why, maybe it's because my computer background thinks
    of "k" as being 1024, so "Spa3k" looks to me like "Spa 3072" which
    *definitely* isn't right..!!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 27, 2006
  16. Matt

    Jono Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> I thought we'd already had this conversation........I'm
    >> using an spa3k in conjunction with a Dock-n-Talk.

    > Totally off topic and *not* a complaint, I promise, but why is it almost
    > everyone seems to refer to the Sipura 3000 as a "3k" - is it too hard to
    > type three 0's..?!

    Not at all, however, 3k is shorter to "think" as well, having fewer
    syllables than three-thousand

    > Before anyone asks, it's a purely personal thing, it just looks wrong to
    > me..! I don't know why, maybe it's because my computer background thinks
    > of "k" as being 1024, so "Spa3k" looks to me like "Spa 3072" which
    > *definitely* isn't right..!!

    It's not right /yet/ - they may have some more enahancements up their
    sleeve, though

    Jono, Sep 28, 2006
  17. Matt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > [snip]
    > >
    > > > I thought we'd already had this
    > > > conversation........I'm using an spa3k in conjunction
    > > > with a Dock-n-Talk.

    > > Totally off topic and *not* a complaint, I promise, but
    > > why is it almost everyone seems to refer to the Sipura
    > > 3000 as a "3k" - is it too hard to type three 0's..?!

    > Not at all, however, 3k is shorter to "think" as well,
    > having fewer syllables than three-thousand

    Blimey if you can only think in single syllables I'm getting worried about
    you ;-)

    > > Before anyone asks, it's a purely personal thing, it
    > > just looks wrong to me..! I don't know why, maybe it's
    > > because my computer background thinks of "k" as being
    > > 1024, so "Spa3k" looks to me like "Spa 3072" which
    > > *definitely* isn't right..!!

    > It's not right /yet/ - they may have some more
    > enahancements up their sleeve, though

    True..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 28, 2006
  18. Matt

    Hana Guest

    Hi Jono,

    It's Hana again.

    Thanks for all your help in setting up my SPA3000. ;-)

    After looking at the ridiculous amounts I've been paying to BT for my
    calls, I'm now looking in to making cheap calls to mobiles,
    specifically to my daughter in university in Bristol.

    I can call my son to his mobile in the US for 1p a minute but with BT
    I'm paying 15p daytime and 8p evening and 5p weekend to call Bristol,
    it doesn't really make sense does it !

    I'm sure it's possible to set up the SPA to use different VOIP
    providers and I'm starting to research that now so that I can use
    VOIPCheap to call my daugter.

    I notice that you use the Dock'n Talk, what exactly would you use that
    for?

    If it's not too personal a question, what is a rough estimate, of the
    amount you might expect to pay for phone calls each month. I have a
    feeling compared to what I currently pay to BT, ( and I'm just a normal
    person using personal calls to UK and overseas ) I might be shocked and
    horrified !!

    Thanks again,
    Hana

    Hana, Sep 28, 2006
  19. Matt

    NicHughes Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > I notice CentOS is up to version 4.4 now - wonder if they've fixed the
    > issues surrounding its installation on the Epia boards - I doubt it, so
    > make sure you come back for some tips. (I think the lates Trixbox uses
    > v4.3, anyway)

    Trixbox 1.2 was released earlier this month and is built on CentOS 4.4.

    --
    Nic

    Hana, Sep 28, 2006