    another provider for this option? The person I'm calling just has a
    regular UK landline you see...

    Thanks!

    ChrisR, May 11, 2005

  2. ChrisR

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    ChrisR <> wrote:
    > Ok, so I have my wdect phone, sipura ATA configured for fwd, account
    > with fwd and the echo test is working. Now, how do I call a UK landline
    > (from NZ)? I'm still searching fwds website, perhaps I have to go with
    > another provider for this option? The person I'm calling just has a
    > regular UK landline you see...

    FWD won't get you to a regular landline. You'll need to find someone who
    will charge you money for termination. There is a huge number of such
    suppliers and the prices are pretty competitive.

    I've been using gafachi.com which is fine (US$0.02/minute to UK landlines),
    and I'm sure others have experiences to share with plenty of other vendors.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, May 11, 2005

  3. ChrisR

    ChrisR Guest

    Right, I see. Can I use them as well for my intended purpose or is it
    only for US customers....?

    ChrisR, May 11, 2005
  4. ChrisR

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    ChrisR <> wrote:
    > Miguel Cruz wrote:
    >> ChrisR <> wrote:
    >>> Ok, so I have my wdect phone, sipura ATA configured for fwd, account
    >>> with fwd and the echo test is working. Now, how do I call a UK landline
    >>> (from NZ)? I'm still searching fwds website, perhaps I have to go with
    >>> another provider for this option? The person I'm calling just has a
    >>> regular UK landline you see...

    >> FWD won't get you to a regular landline. You'll need to find someone who
    >> will charge you money for termination. There is a huge number of such
    >> suppliers and the prices are pretty competitive.
    >>
    >> I've been using gafachi.com which is fine (US$0.02/minute to UK
    >> landlines), and I'm sure others have experiences to share with plenty of
    >> other vendors.

    > Right, I see. Can I use them as well for my intended purpose or is it
    > only for US customers....?

    I'm in Malaysia. I don't think most of them care where you are based as long
    as your money's good.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, May 11, 2005
  5. ChrisR

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "ChrisR" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, so I have my wdect phone, sipura ATA configured for fwd, account
    > with fwd and the echo test is working. Now, how do I call a UK landline
    > (from NZ)? I'm still searching fwds website, perhaps I have to go with
    > another provider for this option? The person I'm calling just has a
    > regular UK landline you see...
    >
    > Thanks!

    You could get a UK number from www.sipgate.co.uk then you could both call
    one another at UK rates. Note though that to get a normal geographic UK
    number you need to register from a UK IP address, but you could perhaps
    get them to do that for you..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 11, 2005