    headphone that allows you to communicate to it via TCPIP. Does such
    an item exist?

    , Aug 4, 2007

  2. It sounds like you need to utilize multicast so you can communicate with
    a select set of receivers (multicast groups). I also assume you run a
    VoIP environment? If so, take a look at this link...don't know if it's
    exactly what you need, but it might get you closer:

    http://www.twistpair.com/index/webapp-knowledgebase-action?articleid=80

    Good luck!

    fugettaboutit, Aug 4, 2007

  3. GeekBoy Guest

    "fugettaboutit" <> wrote in message
    > It sounds like you need to utilize multicast so you can communicate with

    Multicast will not work until TCP/IP v6 is implemented.

    GeekBoy, Aug 7, 2007
  4. That is not correct, as multicast is certainly not limited to IPv6. I
    use multicast in my IPv4 net for music-on-hold services enterprise-wide,
    both LAN and WAN subnets. Over a thousand devices are configured as
    multicast groups.

    Also, Berbee produced a product that streamed multicast audio streams to
    existing 7900 series IP phones. It was their product, but I believe
    there are others out there. Again, IPv6 is not a determining factor for
    multicast operation.

    fugettaboutit, Aug 7, 2007