    want to try and replace our entire IP network; this is not an option.)

    Thanks,
    Chris

    Chris Davies, May 22, 2006

  2. Chris Davies

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Chris Davies" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > I'm looking for recommendations for a company who might
    > be able to provide us with a VoIP-based phone system for
    > a multi-site medium-sided company (90 trunks, 250+
    > extensions at Head Office, between 6t/20x and 30t/100x at
    > 16 or so other branches).
    >
    > We already use Lucent/Avaya Index across most sites, but
    > with neither tie-lines nor VoIP (yet). Asterisk would be
    > an acceptable candidate system.
    >
    > (We have a decent IP network already in place. Some
    > providers seem to want to try and replace our entire IP
    > network; this is not an option.)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    Have you looked at Gradwell..? Might be what you're looking for -
    www.gradwell.com/voip

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 22, 2006

  3. Chris Davies wrote:
    > I'm looking for recommendations for a company who might be able to provide
    > us with a VoIP-based phone system for a multi-site medium-sided company
    > (90 trunks, 250+ extensions at Head Office, between 6t/20x and 30t/100x
    > at 16 or so other branches).
    >
    > We already use Lucent/Avaya Index across most sites, but with neither
    > tie-lines nor VoIP (yet). Asterisk would be an acceptable candidate
    > system.
    >
    > (We have a decent IP network already in place. Some providers seem to
    > want to try and replace our entire IP network; this is not an option.)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    I'm very much out of touch, but some Avaya equipment supported H.323
    channels (with upgrades), you never know. You may be able to get boards
    for your current hardware.

    People on uk.telecom are generally more au fait with surch equipment.

    Thomas Kenyon, May 22, 2006
  4. Chris Davies

    mindblend Guest

    Chris Davies Wrote:
    > I'm looking for recommendations for a company who might be able t
    > provide
    > us with a VoIP-based phone system for a multi-site medium-side
    > company
    > (90 trunks, 250+ extensions at Head Office, between 6t/20x an
    > 30t/100x
    > at 16 or so other branches).
    >
    > We already use Lucent/Avaya Index across most sites, but with neither
    > tie-lines nor VoIP (yet). Asterisk would be an acceptable candidate
    > system.
    >
    > (We have a decent IP network already in place. Some providers seem to
    > want to try and replace our entire IP network; this is not an option.)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    Hi Chris,

    I would be happy to have a chat with you about getting this system se
    up. You can either drop me a line on 08700 271 336 or email michae
    (at) kinitron.co.uk.

    We supply exactly these kind of systems and are experienced wit
    working with existing Avaya installations.

    Many thanks,

    Mik

    --
    mindblend

    mindblend, May 22, 2006
  5. Chris Davies

    alexd Guest

    Chris Davies wrote:

    > (We have a decent IP network already in place. Some providers seem to
    > want to try and replace our entire IP network; this is not an option.)

    If you're expecting the company who installs your VoIP system to support it
    once it's installed, you don't want to be in a situation where they blame
    your IP network for poor quality calls or reliability issues [for example],
    and vice versa. Them doing what they need to do to your IP network would
    hopefully preclude this. And probably make it just as expensive as a
    proprietary phone system. Oh well, swings and roundabouts!

    alexd
    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:48:11 up 3 days, 15:45, 0 users, load average: 0.54, 0.47, 0.46

    alexd, May 23, 2006
  6. Chris Davies

    Alex Guest

    > I'm looking for recommendations for a company who might be able to provide
    > us with a VoIP-based phone system for a multi-site medium-sided company
    > (90 trunks, 250+ extensions at Head Office, between 6t/20x and 30t/100x
    > at 16 or so other branches).
    >
    > We already use Lucent/Avaya Index across most sites, but with neither
    > tie-lines nor VoIP (yet). Asterisk would be an acceptable candidate
    > system.
    >
    > (We have a decent IP network already in place. Some providers seem to
    > want to try and replace our entire IP network; this is not an option.)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    CISCO or NORTEL

    Alex, May 23, 2006
  7. Chris Davies

    MartinC Guest

    Chris,

    If you want a gradual migration to a Voip system might be worth
    considering keeping the Lucent / Avaya phones you have and fitting
    Citel Handset Gateways. No LAN upgrades, No re-training users, no
    re-cabling to the desk. Works great with Asterisk.

    www.citel.com

    Disclaimer: I work for Citel
    ;-)

    Martin

    MartinC, May 24, 2006
  8. Chris Davies

    PeterW Guest

    Chris Davies <> wrote in

    > I'm looking for recommendations for a company who might be able to
    > provide us with a VoIP-based phone system for a multi-site
    > medium-sided company (90 trunks, 250+ extensions at Head Office,
    > between 6t/20x and 30t/100x at 16 or so other branches).
    >
    > We already use Lucent/Avaya Index across most sites, but with neither
    > tie-lines nor VoIP (yet). Asterisk would be an acceptable candidate
    > system.
    >
    > (We have a decent IP network already in place. Some providers seem to
    > want to try and replace our entire IP network; this is not an option.)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    We have had the Lucent Definity at work interfaced to the rest of the
    company via a Nortel Succession VoIP link. We have also had some new
    offices kitted out with Nortel CS1000 systems (~250 extensions) and use
    them also to run a long-haul link to India. You really need to have QoS
    support but the first link runs over a BT MPLS without QoS alongside the
    WAN link with very few noticeable dropouts.

    Peter W.

    PeterW, May 24, 2006