    --

    Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
    www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

    Nigel, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Nigel

    Nigel Guest

    Nigel, Dec 27, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh Nigel:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??
    >
    > I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.
    >
    > I only want to spend about £30 to £40.
    >
    > thank-you.
    >
    > Nigel

    In what way didn't it work?

    All these USB things are is a piece of plastic shaped like a phone with
    a soundcard, mic and speaker in them, so the audio will work once you
    tell the software phone to use that audio device. If it has a keypad
    then you may need drivers for them.

    The Tesco 'phone' available for a few quid will work with the drivers
    downloaded from http://www.yealink.com/en/otherdown.asp

    Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh Nigel:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??
    >
    > I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.
    >
    > I only want to spend about £30 to £40.
    >
    > thank-you.
    >
    > Nigel

    How about an ATA and using a proper DECT cordless phone?

    http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/pro...d=370&osCsid=8eafc4c61f01dcd6bffaf896345d2c45

    http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3272352/-/Product.html

    Requires a router, but then doesn't require the computer to be on to
    make and receive calls.

    I use a PAP2 ATA with VoIPStunt and Sipgate.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 27, 2006
  5. Nigel

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:46:17 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

    >Thus spaketh Nigel:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??
    >>
    >> I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.
    >>
    >> I only want to spend about £30 to £40.
    >>
    >> thank-you.
    >>
    >> Nigel

    >How about an ATA and using a proper DECT cordless phone?
    >
    >http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/pro...d=370&osCsid=8eafc4c61f01dcd6bffaf896345d2c45
    >
    >http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3272352/-/Product.html
    >
    >Requires a router, but then doesn't require the computer to be on to
    >make and receive calls.
    >
    >I use a PAP2 ATA with VoIPStunt and Sipgate.

    or an SPA-1001 @ $37.60 inc VAT
    http://tinyurl.com/ydw9fu
    2 VoIP phone lines terminate to one set of handsets.
    Similar to the PAP2 but the PAP2 has 2 distinctive lines.
    Any of these solutions don't require a computer to be on - you can
    connect any ordinary phone, DECT or otherwise.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Dec 27, 2006
  6. Nigel

    dj Guest

    In message <emu6vo$gs2$>, Nigel <> writes

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??
    >
    >I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.
    >
    >I only want to spend about £30 to £40.
    >
    >thank-you.
    >
    >Nigel

    Try this link :-
    http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8

    --
    DJ

    dj, Dec 31, 2006
  7. Nigel

    Nigel Guest

    Hi . happy New year.

    Thanks for all your reply. I do know about the ATA devices but I need a new
    phone any way, so I thought a new cordless usb phone would work out cheaper.

    http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8 - will this work with Voip stunt??

    thanks.

    Nigel

    Nigel, Jan 1, 2007
  8. Nigel

    Herman Guest

    "Nigel" <> wrote in message
    > Hi . happy New year.
    >
    > Thanks for all your reply. I do know about the ATA devices but I need a
    > new
    > phone any way, so I thought a new cordless usb phone would work out
    > cheaper.
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8 - will this work with Voip stunt??
    >

    > thanks.
    >
    > Nigel

    Pretty sure this would not be compatible with VOIPStunt. You might be able
    to get basic audio working on it with something like an X-Lite soft phone
    but I am not at all sure that the additional functionality such as dialling
    from the handset, Caller display, etc would work.

    Why not a cheap DECT handset such as http://tinyurl.com/ylpsvq and an ATA
    such as http://tinyurl.com/ydj27q?

    http://tinyurl.com/yhnro8 also looks interesting, but I don't have any
    experience of this and you will need a free ethernet port somewhere.

    Although you won't find many people on this group (including myself) that
    rate Skype as a replacement telephone service, if you are insistent that it
    has to be a cordless USB phone, and are happy to accept that the computer
    must be switched on to make a call, then Skype is the logical solution. I
    won't repeat various historical threads about the other disadvantages of
    Skype.

    You could also go for a WiFi phone, but these are still far too expensive
    and do not look sexy either IMHO.

    Herman, Jan 1, 2007
  9. Nigel

    Paul Guest

    dj wrote:
    > In message <emu6vo$gs2$>, Nigel <> writes
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am looking for a usb phone that will work with voip stunt??
    >>
    >> I did buy a s-lite L 1545 from Argos but that will not work with it.
    >>
    >> I only want to spend about £30 to £40.
    >>
    >> thank-you.
    >>
    >> Nigel

    > Try this link :-
    > http://tinyurl.com/yfkox8

    that's a Skype phone, it wont work with Voipstunt.

    The Siemens C460IP that someone else linked to earlier on is a SIP phone
    and should work fine with Voipstunt.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul, Jan 2, 2007