    standard phone lines.

    Thanks,

    Scott

    Scot, May 12, 2004

  2. Scot

    Mats K Guest

    Scot wrote:
    > Can anyone reccommend any decent VoIp software for running on a client
    > machine? To make calls to others using the same software and also to
    > standard phone lines.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Scott

    Whitch OS ?

    /Mats

    Mats K, May 12, 2004

  3. Scot

    Scot Guest

    Windows XP, would be preferred.

    I was trying to use Xlite with FreeWorldDialup, but am having troubles with
    connecting and also with establishing a connection. This is from behind a
    firewall and NAT'ed, which I am assuming is probably quite the issue with
    most of these VoIP clients.

    Scot, May 12, 2004
  4. "Scot" <> wrote in message news:<c7tf7a$>...

    > I was trying to use Xlite with FreeWorldDialup, but am having troubles with
    > connecting and also with establishing a connection. This is from behind a
    > firewall and NAT'ed,

    X-ten lite is no problem with NAT, so I assume it's your firewall ;-)

    Juhura

    Juhura Nagamichi, May 13, 2004
  5. Scot

    Psychomation Guest

    Stumbling out on on Wed, 12 May 2004 11:20:03 -0400, Scot blithered:

    > Windows XP, would be preferred.

    X-Lite is the best, has the best documentation and the most features IMO.

    > I was trying to use Xlite with FreeWorldDialup, but am having troubles
    > with connecting and also with establishing a connection. This is from
    > behind a firewall and NAT'ed, which I am assuming is probably quite the

    FWD uses a NAT proxy so you shouln't have any problems, except...

    - You need to forward port 5060 to the client machine
    - You need to forward some RTP (audio) ports to the cient machine

    - Make sure "transmit silence" is ON in advanced->audio settings in X-Lite

    or

    Better yet, get an IAX2 client like IAXPhone, DIAX, Firefly none of which
    will require port forwarding on the client end.

    Also check the FWD forum where several experienced users help hundreds
    of new ones every day.

    cheers

    Psychomation, May 14, 2004